Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Age of Restoration II Discussion Thread - It's possibly near-death.  (Read 22716 times)

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have been distracted by Crusader Kings. Uniting Scandanavia is a great cause for ... Oh, fine. I'll tape some sort of chocolate to my monitor, and not eat it until I'm done writing the turn. That should help get the turn up in a timely manner.

I'm guessing this didn't work? :)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

I think that post was late in the evening for Nirur.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think that post was late in the evening for Nirur.

Ahh yes, evil timezones :)
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The fluff says we have construction but the Technologies does not?

You have Construction.

Cept now we don't again :)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Once again, I have granted you the phantom technology of construction.

Edit: This changes things slightly. You now have the blueprints for Archery.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

I don't think I have the clothing that has just been spent. Turn 4, I created the 2 units of clothing, giving 1.2 of them to the population. Turn 5, nothing was given out, so we were still at 0.8 units. Turn 6, 0.3 units were given out, leaving 0.5. Turn 7, 0.4 were given out, leaving 0.1, so I can't give out another 0.4 units on this turn.

That should leave me with 9 food, a population growth of 764, for 16050, and a labor pool of 5/10
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, thanks for bringing that up. Sure you don't want to just use 2 units of food + the 0.1 clothing to get the luxury bonus?

Note to everyone: If you have over 15,000 population you're overcrowded. It will begin taking effect next turn.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Actually, that works, too. It doesn't drain my granary too much.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What does a blueprint do and what do the humans have as far as military goes, or at least what did the wayfinder notice?

Also I posted this in the game thread ops  :-[

I will just edit out turn on to it later though.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I put it in the events section. Blueprints halve the research cost.

The Wayfinder only noticed the unit of archers with leather armor that was assigned to watch him.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Criptfeind, making up technologies is encouraged, (and will nearly be required once you've run out of listed technologies) as those listed are mostly just basic technologies to get people started.

Idle thought related to this - would it be useful if we state what technologies we would (or think we could) base those new techs on (such as to show why we think we can, or as an indicator what we might hope for)? For example, with the Deafening Croakers, I might have explicitly stated that I want to base it on the Basic Sound Magic Theory, rather than just imply it through the turn flavor.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, that's a good idea. Since I'm making up the tech tree as we go, I'll be less inclined to create a prerequisite if your stated, already owned prerequisites are logical.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

Er, I don't quite understand how clothes work. Do I use 1 unit of clothes and get a "stockpile" of luxury points until I get enough to raise morale? Do I have to save clothes until I get enough to raise morale by 1?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Can we get a list of what each normal leader type does, without the individual effects? Also, can you update the status post in the game thread?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

Er, on that note, how do we utilize our leaders? Red and I have a Sage; does that mean I have to say "X research Y, with Sage helping", or does it just give a passive bonus?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18