Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39

Author Topic: The Invasion  (Read 28370 times)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
Re: The Invasion
« Reply #255 on: March 05, 2010, 10:09:14 am »

I wonder, can we obtain a better rifle from one of the Praetorians (I'm assuming that they use better guns than rank-and-file d00dz)? If not... well, we can just loot our fallen soldier bro dude peoples.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 05, 2010, 10:22:16 am »

I wonder, can we obtain a better rifle from one of the Praetorians (I'm assuming that they use better guns than rank-and-file d00dz)? If not... well, we can just loot our fallen soldier bro dude peoples.

The Guard Engineers (blue E's) carry guns that ignore armour but otherwise suck (they couldn't even harm the Swarm Driver).
While highly-trained and all that, the Praetorian Guard is still mostly a 'propaganda' force. They carry huge-ass spears, wear impressive full-body armour suits and generally stand around looking cool, but they would be cut down ages before they reached the enemy in a real battle (however, the Aliens are mostly melee-oriented, so they're still useful here).
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 10:26:28 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 05, 2010, 10:24:01 am »

If we loot another soldier we'll probably just get the same crap we already have.

Get a guard engineer weapon as a sidearm. And rip of a crawlers melee oriented crap.
And try to get an alien warriors/spitters stuff.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 05, 2010, 10:27:32 am »

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

I thought the Praetorians were BADASS. but noo. they had to wield fucking spears.  >:(

Okey, search for anything useful.

*hopes for high-powered revolver*
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 05, 2010, 10:31:31 am »

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-

I thought the Praetorians were BADASS. but noo. they had to wield fucking spears.  >:(

They are energy spears that allow them to re-roll a wounding roll once though >_>

And Phantom, how are you planning to use an organic weapon that has been grown on the creature itself?

EDIT: They also have 3 attacks, as well. Hmm. I should really check units' stats when in battle more often.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 10:34:14 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 05, 2010, 11:43:11 am »

You leave the walls to look for a new gun, but are unsure of where to go. One of the barracks perhaps?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 05, 2010, 01:41:26 pm »

>Check the barracks for a spare Engineer's gun (Sidearm?)
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 05, 2010, 01:46:01 pm »

You'll have to drop the Stubpistol for it, but the Engineer's gun is better than it so the decision shouldn't be too hard.

xtank5

• Bay Watcher
  • [STEM_CELL_TRANSPLANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 05, 2010, 01:48:55 pm »

You'll have to drop the Stubpistol for it, but the Engineer's gun is better than it so the decision shouldn't be too hard.

Alright, but make sure to give the Stubpistol to someone else who doesn't have a sidearm. (Devie?)
IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM
Can't get enough Bolo.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 05, 2010, 02:46:05 pm »

>find better sidearm
>find cigar. put in mouth unlit (Churchill style)
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 05, 2010, 04:08:41 pm »

Alright, but make sure to give the Stubpistol to someone else who doesn't have a sidearm. (Devie?)

This.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 05, 2010, 06:52:14 pm »

Yeah, that.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 05, 2010, 10:44:19 pm »

Insult all the *nickname of people from a certain planet or territory*

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 06, 2010, 04:45:06 am »

You sneak into one of the buildings and search for a weapon, cursing the nation of Vaquez for some reason on the way.
(Disruptor Rifle (Str. 4 Ignores Armour One Shot (per turn) Gained! 1 Triggered Explosive (Str. 4 AP 5, Blast (can be detonated whenever you want)) Gained!)

Four assault gunships join the planes over the forest, or what's left of it. Looks like the aliens are being slaughtered.

The Stubpistol is magically transferred to Devie (just imagine you give it to her the next time you meet)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, do you have anything to do, or shall we skip to the next part of the game? (The tanks and the rest of the armoured force would've arrived this turn, but turns out I can't draw them very well.)

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 06, 2010, 07:33:13 am »

I guess we just go to th' next part.
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 39