Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 13 - Game over  (Read 44011 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 13 - Day 1 - The Government Hates You
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2010, 11:20:57 pm »

Good one Web, now we know why you're king.
I know. So, before I lynch you, would you mind telling me who your partners are? Or, at the very least, a detailed list of who you believe is scum and why.

It totally worked Neruz. I wasn't scum before but I almost feel like scum now, since web told me I am.

Still not tho.
Really? Took... too long.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2010, 11:22:15 pm »

My scum partners are Kashyyk and Pandarsenic.

Lynch them and let me live, and I will pass you information. Just don't tell them I turned.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2010, 11:24:14 pm »

Sweet, web, our leet skills totally worked. I owe you 5 dollars.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2010, 11:30:23 pm »

What can I say, you guys are good.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2010, 11:52:06 pm »

Lynch them and let me live, and I will pass you information. Just don't tell them I turned.
Sweet. We'll just lynch you now, forsaken1111, and we'll investigate them later. Likely Kashyyk isn't scum, but Pandarsenic is, due to probability and human thinking.

Sweet, web, our leet skills totally worked. I owe you 5 dollars.
High five!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2010, 11:52:48 pm »

Yeah ok. :)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2010, 11:54:22 pm »

I concur with my ovbious scumbuddy webadict, forsaken1111 is an easy lynch ovbiously scum. Quick, everyone bandwagon him.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2010, 11:39:45 am »

Quote from: Janus
Leafsnail RVs Pandarsenic with a legit question.
Right.  So what is:
Leafsnail backs of Pandarsenic, RVs Vector for even shakier reasons. +1 scumpoint
Supposed to mean?

Quote from: Everything else
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Man, I don't know if I can even comment on all that bullshit.  forsaken1111, please clarify what the FUCK you are doing.  It looks too much like RiA or bluffing to me.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2010, 12:25:53 pm »

The Whiteboard
ExKirby: Vector
forsaken1111: Leafsnail, Neruz, Webadict
Kashyyk: JanusTwoFace, Org
Neruz: forsaken1111
Webadict: Pandarsenic

Reminder, day 1 ends ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2010, 02:52:34 pm »

I cannot make any sense of the last page.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2010, 03:23:51 pm »

Unvote.  I hear that ExKirby is having hardware trouble.

Don't think I'm not still watching you.

BECAUSE I'M THE EXTERMINATOR WITH EXKIRBY WEBADICT!!

But not really. Fuck that. ;_; I kept that shit off my list entirely because seriously, tired of dying N1 or D1.

[...]

Webadict, why is my ideal team to face off against such an accurate reflection of reality!?

I call bullshit.  You do recognize that your deaths are independent of whatever list you sent in, correct (i.e., we don't know what your list is, so we can't say clear/condemn you based on it.  More technically, I make an assumption that you have basic Theory of Mind going on)?  Thus you have no reason to say this, save for the sheer volume of WIFOM it will generate.  Additionally, if/when you do flip scum, a disgusting amount of WIFOM will be hanging over the three of us (you, myself, and Webadict).

Further, I really have trouble believing that you'd give up the chance to be scum again.

So.

If you're town, you've got no good reason to say this stuff.  If you're scum, then you have every reason.  I conclude, therefore, that you're scum.

Oh don't worry. When was the last time I won the game by myself?

Psh, I was only ever really good at this game when I could notice the newbie phenomenons that tripped everyone up. That's why I was able to see things no one else did. Now everyone's developed scumtells that are much harder to find. Now, on IRC, it's ridiculously easier, because you're thinking lightning fast. But, now everyone thinks through their every word.

Thanks to me, I suppose.

As for you, you're trying far too hard to make yourself look like Harmless Old Uncle Webby.  Though you may speak the truth, I'm getting strong buddying and self-screening vibes from this, which stack with the previous statements about how you're totally going to die N1.

Then...

Likely Kashyyk isn't scum, but Pandarsenic is, due to probability and human thinking.

More screening.  If you're going to throw random crap all over the place, why perform a mirroring screen of Pandarsenic?  This is precisely what Pandarsenic did above.

However, I think the most obvious person here is JanusTwoFace.  Why are you giving out scumpoints so liberally?  I feel like you're trying to set up lynches like you did in both Near-Mountainous and Vote Mafia IV... especially since you're shielding Webadict.

I'll admit that Webadict's flavortext vote was clearly a reaction-tester (like Leafsnail's), but you malign Leafsnail for shaky reasoning while completely passing over Web.  This seems quite suspicious to me, especially given that Leafsnail clearly outlined his vote as baseless... whereas Webadict did not.

Essentially, there is a fundamental inconsistency in your scheme which implicates you as scum.  Go hang.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2010, 03:33:02 pm »

forsaken1111, please clarify what the FUCK you are doing.  It looks too much like RiA or bluffing to me.

Mmm, no? Using big-boy words doesn't make me more inclined to help you figure out the obvious.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2010, 03:41:26 pm »

What the hell?

Why is there a band wagon on forsaken already?

Anyway, I understand that Org's vote on me was RV, but what about Janus's? What's your reason, as it looked to fluffed to be an RV.

Also, I think everyone has posted now so I'm gonna go and look for some scumtells of some sort that I missed with my speed reading to get here.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2010, 04:03:11 pm »

So that mass of insanity between webadict, forsaken, and Neruz...  Why is this even happening?  The WIFOM level there is incredible and everyone is basically just ignoring it.  At least one of them is certifiably scum, although I'm not sure yet which one.

Actually, from past experience on both sides with each of the people, I think this would be the perfect scumteam to try to pull off something like this.  Doesn't mean this is the case, but it is more likely than any other trio in this game that I can think of.

Psh, I was only ever really good at this game when I could notice the newbie phenomenons that tripped everyone up. That's why I was able to see things no one else did. Now everyone's developed scumtells that are much harder to find. Now, on IRC, it's ridiculously easier, because you're thinking lightning fast. But, now everyone thinks through their every word.

Thanks to me, I suppose.

Your dying early so often really doesn't really help with figuring out your scumtells though.

Are you town being sarcastic or town acting scum being sarcastic?  I'm leaning towards the latter.  Or just insanity.  That works too.  It's not helpful whatever it is.

Leafsnail RVs Pandarsenic with a legit question.
Right.  So what is:
Leafsnail backs of Pandarsenic, RVs Vector for even shakier reasons. +1 scumpoint
Supposed to mean?

Quote from: Everything else
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Man, I don't know if I can even comment on all that bullshit.  forsaken1111, please clarify what the FUCK you are doing.  It looks too much like RiA or bluffing to me.

First you asked Pandarsenic what his ideal scumteam would be.  Good RVS question.  Then you voted Vector because he "was scum last time, and to use that to declare you town this time would be a fallacy."  That's just wrong and you know it.  It's mostly the difference in feel between the two posts, especially going from serious to not that bugs me.

See the above response to forsake for the last part.

I concur with my ovbious scumbuddy webadict, forsaken1111 is an easy lynch ovbiously scum. Quick, everyone bandwagon him.

Basically, the same thing as forsaken.  You act like you're joking, but it's generally only the scum that act.  So you look like scum trying to act town (and failing) while either going for an easy lynch or bussing your partner.

Unvote.  I hear that ExKirby is having hardware trouble.

Don't think I'm not still watching you.

Hardware trouble again?  ExKirby, you have the flakiest computer I've ever heard of...

However, I think the most obvious person here is JanusTwoFace.  Why are you giving out scumpoints so liberally?  I feel like you're trying to set up lynches like you did in both Near-Mountainous and Vote Mafia IV... especially since you're shielding Webadict.

I'll admit that Webadict's flavortext vote was clearly a reaction-tester (like Leafsnail's), but you malign Leafsnail for shaky reasoning while completely passing over Web.  This seems quite suspicious to me, especially given that Leafsnail clearly outlined his vote as baseless... whereas Webadict did not.

Essentially, there is a fundamental inconsistency in your scheme which implicates you as scum.  Go hang.

The scumpoints didn't mean that someone is scum.  They mean that someone was acting scummy.  And it's RVS, so that post should naturally have less weight than this one (for example).

Webadict is acting random.  I really don't care for the mess between him, Neruz, and forsaken.  But random is basically a null tell for webadict day 1.  He does it in pretty much every game he actively posts in.  His scum tells really only show up later.

See above for why I thought Leafsnail was scummy.  It's the same reason that you're voting me now...

forsaken1111, please clarify what the FUCK you are doing.  It looks too much like RiA or bluffing to me.

Mmm, no? Using big-boy words doesn't make me more inclined to help you figure out the obvious.

I'd like a response to this as well, if you please.  And I'm not even swearing at you.

Anyway, I understand that Org's vote on me was RV, but what about Janus's? What's your reason, as it looked to fluffed to be an RV.

I don't post often, but at least I post everything on my mind when I do.  You lurk.  It's your style and you shouldn't be killed strictly for that, but with two votes on you there's a lot more reason for you to show up and post.

unvote.  If you come back and give a more thorough read, it will stay off.

Also, double check ExKirby.  He hasn't posted yet.  Hasn't actually been mentioned (other than Vector saying his computer broke) in about two pages.

NOTE: Vote based lurker prodding.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2010, 04:06:11 pm »

I'd like a response to this as well, if you please.  And I'm not even swearing at you.

Very well. Someone made a baseless accusation against me, I responded with humor and sarcasm as I usually do. Nothing more is going on.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29