Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 13 - Game over  (Read 44018 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 13 - Day 1 - The Government Hates You
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2010, 09:12:21 am »

Bah, I posted the second half of the post, but abandoned the answer to Web:

Webadict: I skipped over to JTF because my other points were more theoretical in nature.  I believe you and Pandarsenic to be scum, but he seems like the most likely candidate for the nonce.  I've only got one vote to use on someone, after all.
Well, that's 2 right there. Not sure how you got either of those, neither, and jumping to JanusTwoface despite believing one of those two are scum is incredibly scummy, given that you're trying to push a case instead of actually ascertaining your claim that one of those two are scum.

And, because you have no real evidence, I'm really waiting to hear what you have to say about EITHEr of those claims that those three are scum, especially because somehow I'm scum and forsaken is not.

What kind of reaction is that, eh? Is this normal for you? Perhaps you seem to think that being on forsaken's side is somehow easier to swallow? I don't see it at all. forsaken is being rather obvious, and he has yet to defend himself.

Well I'd prefer not to die, if only because it will cause the town to lose a day voting a townie, but I understand how day 1 is and someone needs to go down so we can get some information tonight.

But seeing as there's already a bandwagon on me just for defending myself and some sarcasm, I guess I'm done for. :)
You never once defended yourself. You basically said, "LOLWUT?" to everything, passing all votes on you as jokes, as per Org did in Paranormal 4. Or 5. Or something. And that's why I'm voting you. You didn't defend yourself once. So, you're going to die.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2010, 01:13:24 pm »

The Whiteboard
ExKirby: JanusTwoFace
forsaken1111: Leafsnail, Neruz, Webadict
JanusTwoFace: Vector
Kashyyk: Org
Neruz: forsaken1111
Webadict: Pandarsenic

Day ends at ~5pm Pacific today
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2010, 01:44:41 pm »

You never once defended yourself. You basically said, "LOLWUT?" to everything, passing all votes on you as jokes, as per Org did in Paranormal 4. Or 5. Or something. And that's why I'm voting you. You didn't defend yourself once. So, you're going to die.

Hard to defend when you don't give a reason. What you want me to say? I said I'm not scum. Doesn't matter though, you guys always do this.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2010, 02:13:30 pm »

Well, that's 2 right there. Not sure how you got either of those, neither, and jumping to JanusTwoface despite believing one of those two are scum is incredibly scummy, given that you're trying to push a case instead of actually ascertaining your claim that one of those two are scum.

And, because you have no real evidence, I'm really waiting to hear what you have to say about EITHER of those claims that those three are scum, especially because somehow I'm scum and forsaken is not.

What kind of reaction is that, eh? Is this normal for you? Perhaps you seem to think that being on forsaken's side is somehow easier to swallow? I don't see it at all. forsaken is being rather obvious, and he has yet to defend himself.

Oh, for crying out loud.  Do you see this, folks?  He's trying to group me with Forsaken in a sort of anti-buddying maneuver.  Further, there's this silly attempt to get me to question my normalcy, or something... way to paint me funky colors, Web.

Additionally, nice use of slang to ingratiate yourself.  It's so cute when you try to pass yourself off as innocent.

I've got no bloody clue about Forsaken1111, doodabuddy.  Either he's fooling around or he's RiAing, and I can't determine which... so for now, I'm addressing what I can address, rather than getting trapped in the center ring antics.  I don't have any real evidence, so I'm trying to gather real evidence.  Starting with JTF.

Would it have been better if I'd put my attack on JTF on top, then mentioned why I think you and Pandarsenic are scum?  Or is the real problem just that you two happen to be on that list, and it makes you uncomfortable?

I saw it, so I wrote it.  I'm going to keep watching you until I'm certain, and then either you two can hang or you can help.  It all depends on your behavior.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2010, 02:18:11 pm »

What does RiAing mean, I seem to be lost.

Also Org:
I see what you're on about now.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2010, 02:20:32 pm »

"Refuge in Audacity."  Scum act crazy in an effort to make people think "He's so scummy that he can't be scum!"
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2010, 02:23:32 pm »

I think you're all trying much too hard to put a label to me, and it's blinding you from what happened. They made very silly, baseless attacks and I responded with sarcasm because you cannot effectively defend yourself against an attack made without any logic behind it. If sarcasm makes me scum, fine. Vote me and see how wrong you were, waste a day for the town and let the scum get a free shot in.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2010, 03:30:32 pm »

Quote from: JTF
Good point.
Er... did you just say someone you think is scum has a good point against you?  In fact, you don't seem to be pushing webadict at all.
Quote from: forsaken
Well I'd prefer not to die, if only because it will cause the town to lose a day voting a townie, but I understand how day 1 is and someone needs to go down so we can get some information tonight.
Lame, defence is lame.  Aren't you even going to pretend you care about finding scum?
Quote from: Vector
Oh, for crying out loud.  Do you see this, folks?  He's trying to group me with Forsaken in a sort of anti-buddying maneuver.  Further, there's this silly attempt to get me to question my normalcy, or something... way to paint me funky colors, Web.
He's certainly implying a link, Vector, but I don't see why this is a scumtell, or why you would base a case on it.  You've stated you have no real evidence, yet you seemed to have marked three people as scum.  Why?
Quote from: forsaken
I think you're all trying much too hard to put a label to me, and it's blinding you from what happened. They made very silly, baseless attacks and I responded with sarcasm because you cannot effectively defend yourself against an attack made without any logic behind it. If sarcasm makes me scum, fine. Vote me and see how wrong you were, waste a day for the town and let the scum get a free shot in.
Dodging accusations and derailing discussion is ALWAYS scummy, forsaken. And this AtE isn't helping.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2010, 03:34:13 pm »

Well, whatever. This whole thing seems pointless if I'm to be crucified over a joke. I'm being attacked for not defending myself, but the attacks have no reason or fact behind them and thus nothing to defend against.

Keep hurling vaporous accusations, I'm sure the weak-willed will fall into line and the scum will win again.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2010, 04:01:22 pm »

Quote from: Vector
He's certainly implying a link, Vector, but I don't see why this is a scumtell, or why you would base a case on it.  You've stated you have no real evidence, yet you seemed to have marked three people as scum.  Why?

No.  He's doing this the scum-way, not the town-way.  He is implying a link, rather than exposing it.  He is not coming out and actually saying things aloud; he's trying to screw with underground processes, not only to group me with forsaken, but also to separate me from the rest of the group and convince me to stand down.

Why would I base a case on this?  Because this is how you play good scum.  It is not how you play good town; it's how you play good scum.

Good town doesn't need to separate its opponents from the crowd and subtly identify them as a target.  Good town does not need to make subtle connections between an attacker and an anti-town player.  The connections should be blatant.

I have "no real evidence" but what falls into my theory of diction and phraseology.  Since I don't share minds with anyone here, all I can do is say is that it's there, and that I'm going to keep watching until I see something so obvious that I can build a reasonable case in others' eyes.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2010, 04:33:06 pm »

So, you're waiting for the obvious lynches?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2010, 04:40:16 pm »

So, you're waiting for the obvious lynches?

I have made a conjecture which I am almost certain is true.  However, I am waiting to make that conjecture into a cornerstone of mathematics until I have a proof.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2010, 05:13:12 pm »

I already told you. Forsaken1111 is scum via the Org Theory of Scummitude.

That, and his general behavior toward anything.
??

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2010, 06:04:09 pm »

??
According to the theory that you didn't say you were Town when accused of being Scum, which has since been disproved by you (Only because you were informed about the scumtell.)

Hence, I've named it the Org Theory of Scummitude, which implies that newbie scum will NOT say they aren't scum (Or that they're town) if they have never heard of the Org Theory of Scummitude.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2010, 06:51:08 pm »

??
According to the theory that you didn't say you were Town when accused of being Scum, which has since been disproved by you (Only because you were informed about the scumtell.)

Hence, I've named it the Org Theory of Scummitude, which implies that newbie scum will NOT say they aren't scum (Or that they're town) if they have never heard of the Org Theory of Scummitude.

But... I said I'm not scum.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29