Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: This Season on FOX: The Sarah Palin Hour  (Read 10450 times)

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: This Season on FOX: The Sarah Palin Hour
« Reply #90 on: January 16, 2010, 07:43:40 am »

sodium (modified chemical made)

I think you pretty much confirmed with this one snippet that you don't know a lot about the subject at hand yet will act like you do anyhow. Seriously, I have no idea what that statement is even supposed to mean.

And yes, Bill O'Reilly is pretty ridiculous.

Cooking is really a lost art in the States. People assume that you have to eat fastfood or eat out at restaurants which are expensive.

Eh, this is a bit of stereotype. I can definitely see what you're coming from, but on the other hand, the US has influence from a hell of a lot of cultures, and there's a lot available to work with as a result. A lot of people don't cook nearly as much as they should in the US, but if you do, and you like to actually know how, you're not in a very bad position.

HERE YOU GO!

I know, old video is old. I dare you, to look at packaged food now a days and not see anything with out sodium(blahdablah), it's hard to not see it. And although you can't find anything with out it, it is still nice to know what's in your food.

Also, why are we talking about Pat Robertson? I thought that people who could not or would not help, were supposed to be ignored in most situations? Or is he like that uh, McCarthy guy or something?
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 16, 2010, 01:02:22 pm »

Cooking is really a lost art in the States. People assume that you have to eat fastfood or eat out at restaurants which are expensive.

[toady: insult edited out]
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 04:25:04 pm by Toady One »
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 16, 2010, 01:05:14 pm »

Calm down.

He was making a broad statement that is at least partially correct.

He didn't do it to insult you.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 16, 2010, 01:06:32 pm »

Partially correct? You make me laugh.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2010, 01:11:28 pm »

Yes, I've lived all over America (CA, IL, UT, NY), europe (NL), and asia (TH) and that is my observation a much higher percentage-wise among my aquantances here in the States simply have no idea how to cook and go out to eat all the time or spam canned mac&cheese at home. This doesn't seem problematic in other countries that don't have a 'fat epidemic' (although it's fairly bad in England/France too from what I saw- I don't have stats for that)

Sorry you feel like I'm calling you a moron.

And yes, as you can see from the stats, we are a fat country. The first step to fixing this is admiting we have a problem and taking steps to solve it: ie. Our aversion to exercise and healthy eating.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 01:12:59 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2010, 01:14:10 pm »

Im sorry I just rage when people do stuff like that.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2010, 01:21:18 pm »

Eh, don't worry about it, it's directed towards the people who are the size of cows, many of which complain they can't do anything about it, which is a catagory you probably aren't part of but is at least 1/3 our adult population.

That pisses me off, seeing (I need a cart to move) people stuffing their faces at a restaurant and then seeing starving, struggling homeless kids half my weight (I'm fairly thin) when I volunteer.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 01:24:30 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2010, 01:30:15 pm »

I agree people that fat are ridiculous

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2010, 01:41:32 pm »

We have a whole lot of problems in the U.S. because people can't handle taking blame for shit. "I'm not fat, my doctor says it is genetic", type of shit. Genes only carry so much of an excuse. If you know your body cannot handle fatty foods because of your genes for fucks sake stop cramming deep fried cheeseburgers down your maw.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2010, 01:50:06 pm »

Generally, when someone makes a generalized statement about the general population, you shouldn't get angry because you don't conform to the general statistic.

Generally.

Yes, we Americans want everything, but we don't want the responsibility that goes along with having everything.
Shoes...

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2010, 02:08:38 pm »

I know, old video is old. I dare you, to look at packaged food now a days and not see anything with out sodium(blahdablah), it's hard to not see it.

You realize sodium is naturally in food, right?

Huesoo: You're seriously not being very constructive in your last few posts at all. In fact, you're coming off as a total jackass.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2010, 03:02:04 pm »

Sodium is a natural part of salt.  In fact, listing sodium rather than salt is just a way of tricking people into thinking the salt content is lower, in almost all cases.

The same observation about cooking is also true of quite a lot of British people - although it tends to be ready meals rather than fast food here.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2010, 03:14:31 pm »

What's the difference?

kuro_suna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2010, 03:17:20 pm »

Salt is in almost any food and you need some salt but really the only way you can have problems with too little salt is to drink a lot of distiled water and no food or drink a lot of water and sweat a lot, a typical single fast food meal can easily have five to ten times the daily minimum salt requirements.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2010, 03:19:43 pm »

I know, old video is old. I dare you, to look at packaged food now a days and not see anything with out sodium(blahdablah), it's hard to not see it.

You realize sodium is naturally in food, right?

Huesoo: You're seriously not being very constructive in your last few posts at all. In fact, you're coming off as a total jackass.

You also realize that more salt is added to natural foods, yes it makes food much more appetizing and as humans, salt is only second to water.

The problem is, such a need is easily exploitable and barely thought of or understood; most if not all people who eat processed food have barely had this thought come up through their head.

The main issue I'm trying to point out is that too much of anything is bad for you, for me and everyone else.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14