Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: This Season on FOX: The Sarah Palin Hour  (Read 10446 times)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: This Season on FOX: The Sarah Palin Hour
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2010, 03:54:23 pm »

Hurr Durr mercury causes cancer and so does aliminium. I hate this shit I had to do a report on vaccines and found a bunch of retarded websites which were probably written by some crystal adult.

Mercury may or may not be carcinogenic, but it sure as hell messes you up. Depends on the form it's in and how it enters your body, though.

What's a "crystal adult" supposed to be, though?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2010, 03:57:13 pm »

He's probably referring to crystal children, which is a coping method parents of Autistic children use to pretend their kids are magical space-babies.  Side effects include alienation from peers and an unwillingness to actually help their kid.  Side effects of the second side effect include growing up to be Christian Weston Chandler.
Shoes...

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2010, 04:02:58 pm »

Oh right, that "indigo children" bullshit. Augh.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.

Huesoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Like yeah dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2010, 04:54:05 pm »

I really dont care though I dont even get FOX anymore.
BOTTLED MESSAGE BE AFLOAT

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2010, 06:57:38 pm »

[plain-enawesome]

I really dont care though I dont even get FOX anymore.

Thanks for putting us back on track.

Anyway, she certainly is on the track to at least having some influence, at least with the people who like to get caught up in media business (not the literal type). Especially if she sounds convincing and considering the outcome of the election (I'm repressing something here, sounds like with bil & erger) I'd say she'll last four months- eight months. Though with the Haiti earthquake, hell anyone could last a long time by simply using that for steam.

One more thing to add, sure eating animal products may not be bad on some people but think for a second of all the other things that may be inside it; sodium (modified chemical made), cholesterol (the bad kind) and hormones (you may think it's a good thing to start puberty early but IT'S NOT) just listing this as something to think about.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 15, 2010, 07:15:42 pm »

Are you arguing that vegan diet is the healthiest diet?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 15, 2010, 07:33:24 pm »

Though with the Haiti earthquake, hell anyone could last a long time by simply using that for steam.

I have a feeling Palin would be more in the "they had a pact with the Devil; they brought it upon themselves" crowd than the "oh the poor people this is terrible" crowd, which is where most people can be found.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2010, 08:05:28 pm »

Are you arguing that vegan diet is the healthiest diet?

I wish I were but I also wish I weren't. I know hypocrite but I still like eating my cute adorable animals, well every once in a while (honestly, anything can be good in moderation!). Quite honestly the only healthy things that come from meat of any kind (IMO at least) is iron; I've become something of an anemic in the last few weeks but dark greens certainly do help fill in the void.

Though with the Haiti earthquake, hell anyone could last a long time by simply using that for steam.

I have a feeling Palin would be more in the "they had a pact with the Devil; they brought it upon themselves" crowd than the "oh the poor people this is terrible" crowd, which is where most people can be found.

Well, when the show comes up (when, I don't feel like figuring out) but come on! 40,000+ people have been reported to have died (well so far) who would be that cruel (or stupid) to say something like that?
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2010, 08:50:21 pm »

Sodium is the most vital mineral for human function, and meat isn't even a major source, weather you buy your meat from the grocery store, or shoot it yourself. The main reason that there's too much salt in the American diet is the large amount of processed food that is consumed every year, such as Banquet frozen dinners, Cambells Soup, or Chef Boyardee pasta. This is why many people who switch to a vegitarian diet don't have much of a boost in health. THey switch to canned vegetables, which are heavily salted.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2010, 09:03:48 pm »

Cooking is really a lost art in the States. People assume that you have to eat fastfood or eat out at restaurants which are expensive.

I'm glad I grew up in my household because *derp asians* we learned to be able to eat/cook rice&noodles with anything; heck throw in some meat, vegetables, and some random seasoning- fry, steam, boil, grill away.

It's not expensive (can be cheaper than fast food), doesn't take too much time/effort, and is better for you.

Also, nothing against vegans - I admire the sentiment but my metabolism/body cannot survive on that. I already tried with heavy soy and tofu suplements to give my body what vegetarian diet lacks. (I'm 5 ft 8 inches and under 120 pounds)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2010, 09:21:29 pm »

I've considered becoming vegetarian, but it seems unfair to put an extra burden on my parents and make them have to cook two different meals each night.  I may become vegetarian when I get my own place, I guess.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2010, 10:44:50 pm »

who would be that cruel (or stupid) to say something like that?
Well, there's pat robertson for one, which I would assume is what Zai was refering to. http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/15/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry6101136.shtml

Although he tends to be an all around
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
when anything of this sort comes up.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2010, 10:59:02 pm »

There's also Bill O'Reilly, who's convinced that the recovery effort in Haiti is taking so long because of meddling witch doctors (he seriously said this) and gangsta culture (since that's the only kind of black people he knows of).  But yeah, Pat Robertson's "they had it coming because 200 years ago they escaped slavery by making a deal with the Devil" certainly takes the cake for "Holy crap what did you just say" statements.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2010, 11:21:12 pm »

... "Gangsta culture"?

There's something seriously wrong with him.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2010, 12:18:44 am »

sodium (modified chemical made)

I think you pretty much confirmed with this one snippet that you don't know a lot about the subject at hand yet will act like you do anyhow. Seriously, I have no idea what that statement is even supposed to mean.

And yes, Bill O'Reilly is pretty ridiculous.

Cooking is really a lost art in the States. People assume that you have to eat fastfood or eat out at restaurants which are expensive.

Eh, this is a bit of stereotype. I can definitely see what you're coming from, but on the other hand, the US has influence from a hell of a lot of cultures, and there's a lot available to work with as a result. A lot of people don't cook nearly as much as they should in the US, but if you do, and you like to actually know how, you're not in a very bad position.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14