Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: X3 Terran Conflict  (Read 100312 times)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
Re: X3 Terran Conflict
« Reply #315 on: October 07, 2010, 04:26:36 pm »

What do you mean plot missions are out?  Like, they removed them?
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 07, 2010, 05:24:30 pm »

I think he means that new plot missions are out.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 07, 2010, 05:44:58 pm »

Steam dropped the ball early. I don't think it was supposed to come out until later in the week.

Apparently some achievements aren't active yet, and some other stuff is a bit wonky. Might be best to wait until it's announced for real and they get it sorted out.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 05:47:09 pm by Lightning4 »

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 07, 2010, 08:34:13 pm »

Yeah, either way it's a good idea to wait for an update after the initial update. I get always get the feeling Egosoft doesn't get the chance for extensive play testing.

Plus, It'll be hassle to upgrade all my mods.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

Grishnak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 08, 2010, 07:39:16 am »

I havent played since 2.0 update, and I just installed it again, and patched up to 2.7.1 and I am completely blown away by how much better it runs. It runs GREAT at 1600x1200 with  4xAA and 8xAF on a 2.51 ghz dual core, 8600 GTS and 4 gigs of ram on Windows 7. Even during combat in a xenon sector with 20+ ships, including 1 K, 2 Q's tons of M's and N's and a few other ships. It never ran that good with less than that.

Can anyone that has the steam update post the changelog for 3.0? Im curious on what it added.
I'm a saint when it comes to pirating.  I've ripped and burned many a .iso, went .rar at my maties and sailed the .7z's.
Blog for my new roguelike Lost Horizon. <- kind of on hold
My SoundCloud
My Youtube Channel

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 08, 2010, 08:28:08 am »

I havent played since 2.0 update, and I just installed it again, and patched up to 2.7.1 and I am completely blown away by how much better it runs. It runs GREAT at 1600x1200 with  4xAA and 8xAF on a 2.51 ghz dual core, 8600 GTS and 4 gigs of ram on Windows 7. Even during combat in a xenon sector with 20+ ships, including 1 K, 2 Q's tons of M's and N's and a few other ships. It never ran that good with less than that.

Can anyone that has the steam update post the changelog for 3.0? Im curious on what it added.

Um... what naming conventions are you using?  I have no idea what ships you are talking about.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 08, 2010, 09:45:24 am »

Uhm... there are standart xenon ships... vanilla ones...
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 08, 2010, 10:13:29 am »

Er... oh right the names.  I forgot they have letters for names and thought he was doing some weird thing with classes where for some reason they didn't begin with M.  Um, which are which again?

Grishnak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 08, 2010, 11:12:40 am »

J = Carrier/M1, K = Destroyer/M2, Q = Frigate/M7, P = Cruiser/M6, M = Fighter/M4, N = Scout/M2, L = Heavy Fighter/M3.

I might have M and N mixed up, but you get the point. PX, and LX are just better variants.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 11:14:53 am by Grishnak »
I'm a saint when it comes to pirating.  I've ripped and burned many a .iso, went .rar at my maties and sailed the .7z's.
Blog for my new roguelike Lost Horizon. <- kind of on hold
My SoundCloud
My Youtube Channel

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 08, 2010, 12:01:13 pm »

Any word on the next game? I've been out of the loop for a while, as far as I can tell they're slavering over the superbox on the site.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 08, 2010, 02:21:06 pm »

Any word on the next game? I've been out of the loop for a while, as far as I can tell they're slavering over the superbox on the site.

I'm sure they've got something in the works, but I haven't seen anything in the way of official announcement.

Quote from: Steam
Updates to X3: Terran Conflict have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
The 3.0 Plot Mission
Dead is Dead gamemode
Added a reward for Operation Final Fury
EDIT: This Newsletter might also be relevant to your interests!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 08:26:33 pm by Calhoun »

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 09, 2010, 03:52:47 am »

If I bought the DVD-version, X3: Gold, would I be able to access all these add-ons as well???
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 09, 2010, 04:50:05 am »

If X3 Gold has Terran conflict included then yes.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 09, 2010, 04:50:13 am »

Yes, they all are free. They dont release paid DLC and the game is DRM-free.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 10, 2010, 03:35:37 am »

What's disappointing about X3: Terran Conflict is that there is no storyline of what's going on. This is very upsetting to me, I was expecting something as good as the storyline of X3: Reunion or better. X3: Reunion is actually the first X3 games that I've played and I got to say it was average due to how I see some "Plot Glitches" and slowness and other problems that I see in this game.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24