Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2819145 times)

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #8565 on: November 20, 2011, 09:14:47 pm »

It must be NPR fighting, I'm not on my main computer right now so I don't have the exact specs offhand but its a modern PC capable of running the game itself, I don't have any unusual programs in the background and I don't own a smartphone (I know..).

Its not that every turn takes a long time, but enough do that its irritating, I was just curious if this was a common issue.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8566 on: November 20, 2011, 10:32:39 pm »

If the problem is that turns are being cut short (in other words, you run a 30-day tick and only 5 seconds pass) then it is NPR combat, and the only way to deal is either to just keep autoturning until it stops, or get the password for dev mode and delete the NPR manually (don't do this if you don't know what you are doing, as it can screw up your save).

If it is just that turns are taking a long time to process, it is either that the save has a massive amount of calculations to run (like, you have a bunch of NPRs, hundreds of systems explored, etc.) or your computer is just being obnoxious, in which case IDK what yu can do to fix it.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

LostCosmonaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8567 on: November 20, 2011, 11:29:23 pm »

Anybody know of a way to adjust the political status of a population via SM? I just defeated some robotic guardians in some ruins, causing my colony on that world to surrender to itself, and having a status of "vanquished". Any way to easily fix this?

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8568 on: November 21, 2011, 12:35:23 am »

Yea its basically moving through my turn (say, for thirty days) in five second increments.  I guess the NPR races are doing things. 

I guess I could delete them (or not gen any) but that would probably take away all the flavor.

Thanks for the responses.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #8569 on: November 21, 2011, 12:45:38 am »

the game was to annoying for me.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8570 on: November 21, 2011, 01:26:00 am »

In what way?

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8571 on: November 21, 2011, 01:28:57 am »

People who don't have the patience for spelling or capitalization just aren't gonna like this game, no.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8572 on: November 21, 2011, 01:37:11 am »

Bah, in my new game (didn't realize there was a version 54) Earth has a pitiful amount of resources, fortunately the surrounding planets have a lot, will have to get intra-steller mining going.

LostCosmonaut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8573 on: November 21, 2011, 01:55:29 am »

Also, definitely get a geosurvey team trained an put them on earth. Last game, they found about a dozen new mineral deposits for me on earth, which was very helpful.

Also, I think version 5.55 came out the other day.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8574 on: November 21, 2011, 01:59:21 am »

How much? Earth is automatically set as a Homeworld, so it should always have ~20k-100k+ of every resource, most at average or above average accessability. If you really got a bad roll for resources and don't mind getting a little cheaty, you can go into SM mode, open the System Information screen (the sun icon on the System View screen), select Earth, and click the "HW Minerals" button on the bottom right to reroll the minerals.

Anybody know of a way to adjust the political status of a population via SM? I just defeated some robotic guardians in some ruins, causing my colony on that world to surrender to itself, and having a status of "vanquished". Any way to easily fix this?

I had a situation where I accidentally transferred ground troops to the precursors instead of ordering them to fight them, and ended up with two colonies on the same world: mine, an imperial population, with all of the installations; and a subjugated enemy population, which was empty. If your situation is the same, delete the one that IS NOT the imperial population. If you only have the vanquished colony, I'm not sure if you can SM it, so I would suggest dropping all of the installations off at the nearest system body, and dropping the colonists off at a habitable world, basically cleaning the colony out, and then delete it. After that, move the people and buildings back in and found a new colony. Of course, if there is a way to SM it, that isn't necessary. In fact, I'll go check right now and see if I can find out.

ED: Okay, what you can do is go into the SM Mods button on the Economics window bottom right (after activating SM mode), select the colony, and set unrest to 0. I'm not sure how much this would help, but you should probably try it first before doing the move-and-delete.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 02:01:51 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #8575 on: November 21, 2011, 03:22:59 am »

Is there a way to add scientists?
(I lost my 30% 20 labs scientist in a pre NT game after she finished the research and am left with 3 10% <10 lab noobs.)
The Add button in SM-ed officers tab, is greyed out for all besides naval officers . . .
(Or a way to edit existing crew besides their superficials?)
(edit, with SM, I'm not going to edit the file)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 03:26:22 am by Areyar »
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8576 on: November 21, 2011, 04:55:53 am »

You can't edit their abilities with SM mode. You need the developer password to alter their abilities in the database.

You can use the add extra button on the officers window in SM mode, however what this does is graduate however many new officers you specify from your acadamy, you can't control which branch they will each be in so most will likely be naval and ground forces with some administrators and scientists thrown in. As an example I just added 30 officers in my test game and ended up with 5 new scientists, 2 new administrators, 9 ground forces and 14 naval.

What you can do is add a load of new officers to get your scientists, then go through the others and retire all of the unwanted new officers.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 04:57:46 am by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #8577 on: November 21, 2011, 05:26:24 am »

Thanks, that will help. :)
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8578 on: November 21, 2011, 09:43:58 am »

Hmm, so is agility not as important for ASM than for AMMs, right?
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #8579 on: November 21, 2011, 09:48:11 am »

depends on your enemy (on your enemy speed, of course)

also, when research is high enough, even a tenth of a point makes an hell of a difference.

(I tell this based on the vague memory of the to hit formula I saw once   ;) )
Pages: 1 ... 570 571 [572] 573 574 ... 1347