Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2809642 times)

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #5610 on: July 30, 2011, 03:48:14 pm »

Yeah that's why I have the active sensors attached to the drones. Sure, they'll broadcast where my ship is but they AI isn't smart enough to look at where the drone originated from.

Also am I setting my fire control wrong? I go into combat settings, select the right fire control, set the fire control mode and click set mode but nothing happens and as soon as I navigate away it gets reset to none.
That can work I think, although I think it might be better to use buoys as submunissions in the drone, for a bigger duration of sensor painting.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: August 02, 2011, 12:59:16 am »

I was thinking of trying a fun experiment for this game.  Basically in order to simulate a multiplayer experience for Aurora I want to start a game with multiple players being in charge of various factions that start on earth.  Instead of passing around the game, I will control it while giving detailed information to the players through pms while letting them make the decisions for their nation.  I am wondering if there would be anyone interested in partaking of this little experiment.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: August 02, 2011, 01:03:11 am »

It was done already on these very forums, but the game collapsed a few days ago. I'm currently running another game with two forums controlling a nation each.

But then Aurora is an amazing game, and we cannot have too many Aurora games. I'd love to join.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: August 02, 2011, 01:16:15 am »

RebelZhou, I would love to try another multiplayer Aurora game, if you can get a good one set up  :)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: August 02, 2011, 03:34:23 am »

Would like to be part of it, if possible (even if i'm a pretty bad player ^^ )

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: August 02, 2011, 05:50:28 am »

This time I want to be on it too.
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: August 02, 2011, 07:14:38 am »

Ah great, I was looking for at least three people. Ok, before I set up a thread for this each of you will need to pick a nation.  Here is a list of nations that took was inspired to use from another fiction:

United States
European Union
People's Republic of China
Japanese Alliance
Russian Federation
Union of South American Nations
Republic of India
Islamic Alliance

This is not definite list, instead it is more like a list of suggestion.  You are free to create up your own earth-based nation even ones that replace the nations I suggested, I just ask that if you do, create a description of the nation.  Don't be afraid to go to crazy, like a Germany who survived through WWII or a revival of the Roman Empire.

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: August 02, 2011, 07:33:21 am »

Reminds me of the game on the Aurora forums...Was a fun read

tompliss

• Bay Watcher
  • Goodbye ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: August 02, 2011, 07:55:44 am »

I would like to create "The Syndicate", a organization born from powerful a labour union from France and other Europan countries, and expanding world-wide, gathering citizen from every country with many labourers.

PS: I'm french, and not that good in english, so please excuse me about my mistakes.
Also, playing from France, with european Time Stamp, 6 hours earlier then NY.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 07:57:24 am by tompliss »

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: August 02, 2011, 11:57:29 am »

I would like to join as

Russian Federation

Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Bremen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: August 02, 2011, 12:14:41 pm »

It was done already on these very forums, but the game collapsed a few days ago. I'm currently running another game with two forums controlling a nation each.

But then Aurora is an amazing game, and we cannot have too many Aurora games. I'd love to join.

More specifically, after the first few turns people started never submitting orders until prompted by me, and then eventually not submitting them at all.

I'm a bit resentful that everyone here is volunteering when I had to close my game due to lack of players :P

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: August 02, 2011, 12:20:29 pm »

I will join as the European Union. Time to show those lazy Americans who's boss  8)

((is American))
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: August 02, 2011, 03:32:49 pm »

More specifically, after the first few turns people started never submitting orders until prompted by me, and then eventually not submitting them at all.

I'm a bit resentful that everyone here is volunteering when I had to close my game due to lack of players :P

Part of my plan in case that happens, which we all know is very likely, is to have that nation control by temporary leader (me) until either the player can be recontacted with or a replacement can be found.  Hopefully this will prevent stalling out.  Also, slightly different then yours, a lot more information is hidden from the leaders then in yours as most of the  information about their nation will be pmed to them directly.  The only information available to everyone is through civilian sources, like newspapers and the such.  In about 4 hours I will start up a game and a thread anyone else who wants to join is free to post before then. 

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: August 02, 2011, 03:35:38 pm »

I want in. Gimme South America or Japan.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: August 02, 2011, 03:39:18 pm »

Hmmm. Yeah, this sounds fun.

I call dibs on India, then!
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]