Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2812755 times)

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #4050 on: April 01, 2011, 11:49:56 am »

yea, salvage them. Build ships with the salvage module, [and lots of cargo space], salvage them, and drop it off at a colony of yours [i'm not sure if it needs research faciilities or not], if theres any "new equipment" thats more advanced then you, go into the cities stockpiles and "deassemble" the equipment to gain a bunch of research points towards getting that tech.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: April 01, 2011, 11:50:01 am »

You can always go into spacemaster designer mode and watch/delete the battle.

SM mode doesn't let you watch or manipulate NPRs.  You'll need to get the designer mode password from Steve to do that.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: April 01, 2011, 11:54:19 am »

Regular salvage of wrecks with a salvage module will give you tech points for any system that was present on the ship and had used higher tech level in its construction than your tech. I believe you also get some tactical info on the salvaged ship this way.

Assorted tactical, strategical and tech info may be gathered by rescuing  (interrogating) enemy life pods but you have to be in there within 14 days from ship destruction.

In theory NPRs may get your home system and warp points data from your life pods this way. It may be not implemented in current version (I had never caught any NPR types showing any interest in my life pods) but you may be surprised.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: April 01, 2011, 12:04:12 pm »

SM mode doesn't let you watch or manipulate NPRs.  You'll need to get the designer mode password from Steve to do that.
Or you can find the database password and find offending system number directly in the database, then remove it with all contents from game in SM mode by number.

There is at least 1 semi-rare bug involving ternary stat systems with a star that tries to orbit another star at zero distance with zero orbital period that is only fixable at the database level.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: April 01, 2011, 12:30:16 pm »

IT WORKS I GOT IT ATO WORK now I have to fiqure out how to play  :(

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: April 01, 2011, 12:53:25 pm »

Ummm, no, I am pretty sure I have stopped it without the password.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: April 01, 2011, 01:14:03 pm »

Ummm, no, I am pretty sure I have stopped it without the password.

If you know what system the battle's taking place in, you can delete the system.

I suppose you might be able to see NPR events in the SM event list.  I've never looked, myself.

But no, you can't view NPRs in SM mode the way you can view player races.  I've tried.  I'm also pretty sure it's been mentioned on the Aurora forums that you can't see everything (read:  NPRs and such) without designer mode.  In-game anyway, though even if you use the database you still need the DB password.

In other words,
Nuh uh!
Yuh huh!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: April 01, 2011, 01:23:36 pm »

That was it! I remember now. Look for NPC battles in the events and then zoom tot he battle and delete either the system or the race. Forgot which.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: April 01, 2011, 03:34:22 pm »

While surveying new systems I stumbled across an unknown 6500 ton ship. Nothing else in the system as far as I can tell, kind of creepy. If this is the same NPR then I may be surrounded. Fortunately I have some valiant unknown savior battling with these evil aliens.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: April 01, 2011, 03:43:25 pm »

While surveying new systems I stumbled across an unknown 6500 ton ship. Nothing else in the system as far as I can tell, kind of creepy. If this is the same NPR then I may be surrounded. Fortunately I have some valiant unknown savior battling with these evil aliens.
Sounds like Precursors. They tend to have ships randomly sewn about systems.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: April 01, 2011, 04:09:32 pm »

How do I salvage ships?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: April 01, 2011, 04:19:54 pm »

How do I salvage ships?

You'll want to attach a salvage module to one of your ships, along with some cargo to hold any goodies.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: April 01, 2011, 04:20:10 pm »

yea, salvage them. Build ships with the salvage module, [and lots of cargo space], salvage them, and drop it off at a colony of yours [i'm not sure if it needs research faciilities or not], if theres any "new equipment" thats more advanced then you, go into the cities stockpiles and "deassemble" the equipment to gain a bunch of research points towards getting that tech.
More tips near top of page.

After a quick geo survey of the planets in the system, I haven't discovered anything more. I'll probably check out nearby jump points and see if I can find anything.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: April 01, 2011, 05:12:13 pm »

Huh.

It appears that some of my ships are missing in my fleet. It also appears that this fleet does not wish to follow my orders.

I believe that the two are interconnected, but the absent ships still haven't arrived, even after a month. Plus, placing them in their own task ground makes them absent as well.

Any ideas?

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: April 02, 2011, 05:13:57 am »

Hmmm. Can you see the ships appearing in the task group? Do they appear on the ships(F6) screen as well?

E: I've built a PDC on Earth but it keeps saying that it's 'run out of fuel'. Do I need to give them fuel tanks or something?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:02:42 am by Cheese »
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 1347