Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29

Author Topic: [DAY 4]Aztec Mafia[SPANIARD WIN]  (Read 37698 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: [DAY 4]Aztec Mafia[SPANIARD WIN]
« Reply #405 on: February 07, 2010, 12:07:58 am »

Btw, i was totally right about Dak, wasn't i? Yes, yes i was. You should have listened to me.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 07, 2010, 01:09:39 pm »

There's always someone who gets it partially right. ;)

Though note that it would've have saved you anyway.  Web was the one you NEEDED to get killed.  In fact, the N1 kill helped ensure that he would remain hidden.

Though it did ruin the N1 kill since sacs went before mafiakills.  MEH.

Good game overall.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 07, 2010, 03:55:02 pm »

Just popping in to say I totally called it:
Coincidence? I think not.

... Are you saying that your plan is to look suspicious/smart so that you'll be killed by everyone?
My plan is being executed right now, in your mind.

*waggles fingers mysteriously*
That... that doesn't make any sense.

I played silly mind games, which Web reacted really seriously and weirdly to (since he always gets angry and extremely offensive, so it's tough to squeeze any scum-tells out of him). Then, I proposed a "public Aztec claim" plan, which Webadict supported. I then said the plan was terrible for the Town in the long term, and Web kept pushing it for one more post. I called him on this (as town, he ALWAYS analyzes everything for minor details, and will call people on it, but he didn't even seem to notice how bad that plan would hurt town.) After I called him out on that, he pulled a U-turn and starting a bandwagon against me. By cleverly twisting words, he made it sound like I was the one still pushing for the plan. And since he was louder, you all listened to him.

As such, you all are huge punks.  :P

That was the only thing approaching a slip that I'd detected, before he got into his usual comfortable seat driving the Town Mobile down Lynch Street. You guys seem to demure to the loudest player, or whoever can give the most extensive argument... I suspect its a case of TL;DR... but you just trust them innately. Speaking of which, the next time you see me acting silly, or starting to quote mysterious poetry, remember that I'm (almost) always trying to say something by referencing or saying it:

Much madness is divinest sense
To a discerning eye;
Much sense the starkest madness.
'T is the majority
In this, as all, prevails.
Assent, and you are sane;
Demur, -- you're straightway dangerous,
And handled with a chain.

With a bit of critical thinking, that should make sense. If not, unconventional thought processes are still my Modus Operandi. It is, as they say, how I roll.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 03:59:51 pm by Solifuge »

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 07, 2010, 04:11:09 pm »

It's one of the easier aspects to being scum: Townies LOVE to hate showy people.

IIRC, Zai called out your odd behavior already, which is why I supported you.  However, townies in day 1 get this sort of "They MUST die" itch.  Short of it: They knew they weren't sure you were scum, but they WANTED you to die.  I mean jeesh, they were using your jokes and spanish speaking as SCUMTELLS! 

Once Neruz did his bandwagon, the plan was set: Make half the town focus on your oddness and the other half focus on Neruz's scumtells.  If you notice, by the end, it was either lynch Neruz or lynch Solifuge.  It's an evil trap I first saw Pandarsenic use in Beginner 2 and it's very effective. 

In truth, the worst would've been if Neruz died N1 but I stayed alive.  I would be suspect and Web and I would have to find some way to avoid providing links (considering our track record, that would NOT be easy...for me at least).  If Neruz lived, I would've probably tunneled on him as a Lightning Rod while Web pulled more folks to be lynched. 

I can say now though that I'm sorry for the harsh treatment in D1.  I WANTED to write up about the situation: about why we are what we are (some are harsh because they are just scumhunting: trying to find emotional cues.  Most..well.. we DON'T have a sense of humor) but  I took the scummy route and just lurked instead to let the day end.

I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 07, 2010, 05:55:13 pm »

And here I thought I'd be a sacrifice Night 1.

High five, dakarian!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 07, 2010, 06:15:21 pm »

You forget, you're the magnet for all non-killing actions.  I'm the magnet for the night kills.

If I realized it, I would've had you do the kill :P.

*high fives*  town didn't have a chance ;)
I KNEW IT!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 07, 2010, 06:53:49 pm »

Well done, you guys. You've succeeded in destroying a rare and beautiful Central American culture, purging them of their "heretical" codexes, and thereby destroying any records held by the cultural heirs of the Olmec... the only Non-European Western civilization ever to rival the Greeks and Egyptians.

I hope you're happy.

Seriously though, good game, all. It was fun! Thanks for playing, and to Org for throwing it together.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 07, 2010, 06:57:50 pm »

Well done, you guys. You've succeeded in destroying a rare and beautiful Central American culture, purging them of their "heretical" codexes, and thereby destroying any records held by the cultural heirs of the Olmec... the only Non-European Western civilization ever to rival the Greeks and Egyptians.

I hope you're happy.

GOLD!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 07, 2010, 07:02:25 pm »

I hope you're happy.
Eh, the Romans had some interesting stuff.  But yeah.

JaaSwb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 07, 2010, 07:15:17 pm »

GOLD!

Cursed gold obviously. Prepare for a lifetime of hauntings and disease, along with watching everyone you ever knew or loved dying slow and painful deaths. ;D

But yeah, well done dak and web! I'm looking forward to AM2.
The fish are watching.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 07, 2010, 09:49:49 pm »

Meh, that's something for others to worried about. 

And besides, whatever curse happened to us, at least we'll still be around in a hundred years.

And yes, we'll very much enjoy your gold ;)

@Org, Very wonderful game here.
I KNEW IT!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 07, 2010, 09:51:00 pm »

Meh.

I vote Web switches to Spaniard av.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 07, 2010, 10:29:10 pm »

Meh.

I vote Web switches to Spaniard av.
... What?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 07, 2010, 10:30:19 pm »

The Cortez avatar.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 07, 2010, 10:43:31 pm »

The Cortez avatar.
Oh, right.

Nah. I've already got the King.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29