Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29

Author Topic: [DAY 4]Aztec Mafia[SPANIARD WIN]  (Read 37700 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [DAY 1]Aztec Mafia
« Reply #195 on: January 22, 2010, 06:46:25 pm »

This is quite possibly the most mean-spirited Mafia game I have ever played, or indeed seen.

Hot damn.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 22, 2010, 07:00:45 pm »

This is quite possibly the most mean-spirited Mafia game I have ever played, or indeed seen.

Hot damn.
You haven't played too many enough mafias.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 22, 2010, 07:25:14 pm »

Hot damn.
You haven't played too many enough mafias.

Joking aside, this is exactly what I'm talking about. There's a line between ribbing other players in good-natured competition, and being a snarky, bitter, angry ass.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 22, 2010, 07:36:50 pm »

I don't think he's being hostile. I think he's just pointing out that half the things we have on the board right now are Bastard Mods of some type.

I think my Kill Webadict Now Mafia is among the most mean-spirited mafias, at least in its cruelly-modded-designs, assuming we're talking about the game's design and not the players in it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 22, 2010, 08:02:27 pm »

Oh, heck, I have no problem with game mechanics that end up in players generally screwing over one another in amusing ways... I daresay that's the fun of Mafia. I specifically meant a lot of the inter-player interactions going on here. I'll even grant that I said a few things I shouldn't have, but it was by far tame in comparison to some of the stuff coming from others.

Obscenities left and right, personal attacks on people's intelligence, and other sorts of verbal abuse, and over what? This is still a game. Mafia is designed to get emotional, screw with your head, and pit single players against everyone. As some folks might know, Mafia was originally devised by a Psychology Professor, to illustrate what happens to people when you pit an informed minority against an uniformed majority... and like-a-so, they fight like rabid dogs.

It's still just a game. Enjoy it, and try not to piss in everyone else's Cheerios in so doing.

</soapbox rant>

Anyway, the game.

I'll make a final appeal, and then cest la vis. I would much prefer that my death be of use in preventing the Priests from killing one another. This is a sound plan for my team, from my perspective. You all obviously don't object to the notion of killing me, so we're of the same end here.

I will add, anyone pushing to waste a lynch on someone who has already offered to sacrifice themselves for their own team's benefit is either:
 A) Inadvertently shooting themselves (and their teammates) in the foot
 or B) Trying to cause the town to expedite their own self-killing, and sew seeds of chaos in the ensuing night-kills.

If I get lynched, I will simply be content saying "I told you so". That is all.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 22, 2010, 08:10:37 pm »

It's still just a game. Enjoy it, and try not to piss in everyone else's Cheerios in so doing.

Never play Mafia with Alexhans.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 22, 2010, 08:19:43 pm »

Heh, Alexhans makes this level of argument look positively tame in comparison.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 22, 2010, 08:22:55 pm »

You know, now that you mention it, I do remember how he got on IRC.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 22, 2010, 08:30:30 pm »

Obscenities left and right, personal attacks on people's intelligence, and other sorts of verbal abuse, and over what?

Mafia is designed to get emotional, screw with your head, and pit single players against everyone.

You just answered your own question there. I (and most others who do as well) insult people in an attempt to get them to be emotional and slip up (somewhat; not the only reason). This is how I play. Don't like it? Too bad, I don't care. Don't play a game with me if you don't want to; you volunteered for this.

Also, yeah. Alexhans takes this to another level. I'm not sure he has much of a reason to insult people except to insult them. ;)
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 22, 2010, 08:49:26 pm »

I'll make a final appeal, and then cest la vis. I would much prefer that my death be of use in preventing the Priests from killing one another. This is a sound plan for my team, from my perspective. You all obviously don't object to the notion of killing me, so we're of the same end here.

I will add, anyone pushing to waste a lynch on someone who has already offered to sacrifice themselves for their own team's benefit is either:
 A) Inadvertently shooting themselves (and their teammates) in the foot
 or B) Trying to cause the town to expedite their own self-killing, and sew seeds of chaos in the ensuing night-kills.

If I get lynched, I will simply be content saying "I told you so". That is all.

So, is this it for arguments? I'm kinda surprised I didn't even get valued at a rebuttal. Perhaps some more recent evidence?

« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 09:11:06 pm by Solifuge »

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 22, 2010, 08:58:24 pm »

NO EDITING POSTS, SOLIFUGE
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 22, 2010, 09:00:26 pm »

Oh noes.
I must have altered the evidence in my post.
I must be scum.

Reign in the RAEG, guys. Seeeeeeriuosly.

Also, can we get some content please? Or end the day already?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 22, 2010, 09:03:00 pm »

Unvote Solifuge since Solifuge is, I believe, just purchased a one-way ticket to modkill.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 22, 2010, 09:08:34 pm »

I'm not trying to be snarky, but Seriously, what would I have edited my post to include? Have you even looked at it? It was a damned joke.

...actually, strike that. I don't want to be a poor sport, but I am seriously done with this. I would like to have fun and play a game next time, not get involved in a verbal slugging match with people.

Unvote Neruz, Vote Solifuge. I'm out.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 22, 2010, 09:15:21 pm »

LOLOLOL
Solifuge ends the day! How nice. Ending day in 15 minutes. Locking votes. Reporting rules breaking.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29