Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 45

Author Topic: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 5, Cycle 2)  (Read 71545 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 6, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #225 on: January 15, 2010, 06:53:50 pm »

How do you find that stuff in a city? I'm holding up citizens, that seems the only valid way of gathering here. That and looking through garbage.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 15, 2010, 06:59:48 pm »

I dunno, but... rocks and sand? Seems like it'd be really easy to find...
The city could have a beach (like Santa Cruz), there could be a Home Depot, people could have rocks in their gardens or on the sidewalks (you know in neighborhood areas where there's a bit between the sidewalk and the street with rocks or trees)... you could take cement, is that made out of rocks?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 15, 2010, 07:00:26 pm »

Technically, but I'm gonna hold people up.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 15, 2010, 11:02:09 pm »

You should embrace the local natures. We could take these people's primitive gadgets and forge masterworks beyond their imaginings!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 15, 2010, 11:11:28 pm »

World Difficulty:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

group storage:

thunderclan:

Rashilul:

Kinesen:

lordnincompoop:

Phantom:

RAM:

Waiting list:
hibernation:

Buy some Boneforging Equipment

Then Craft whale bone into a staff with crab chitin and crab legs as decoration. Any extra bones will be placed into group storage.
Spending 250 influence, you request equipment to help you forge metal with bone. In responce a snake-like metal tube slides out of the wall, and a needle at the end stabs into your temple, within moments you have added knowledge about bone composition and metal compatability. +1 boneforging equipment [note: boneforging is making something out of metal and bone fused together]
attempt: 90
quality: 97 o.o
base influence: 92 +97=189
Lowering the great sparkling set of whale bones to the ground, you slowly walk around the skeleton looking for just the right piece. Your focus seems as immense as the beast that used to live before you. With a cry of triumph, you choose your bone. A single massive rib bone, exactly the length you wish it. Grabbing up a piece of the neon red chitin, and a handful of crab legs, you set down and begin to work. Sculpting the bone with your power seems a simple task, as you carve, shave, shape, and connect everything together into an powerfull artefact.
+180 bonecrafting exp(~Levelup!~)
+378 crafting exp
+artefact quality sparkling whale bone staff, decorated skillfully with neon-red crab chitin and crab legs. !base influence:189!

Go Gather by holding up people with the chainsaw.
attempt: 10+3=13
You rush out into the city, with the idea of mugging random people for whatever items they may be holding. You find a good spot, wait for a target, prepare to pounce, and go to start up your chainsaw... Wait? what chainsaw? You realize that you put the chainsaw in group storage before, and forgot to pick it back up again, you grumble and trudge back to the ship depressed.
+13 gather exp

I !!!CRAFT!!! By gathering all the 3 lumps of plasma and weaving two of them into cloth.
attempt: 14+20=34
Fresh from your aeon nap, you rush into the deep end, using your god given powers to claim the last amount of orange-sun plasma. You plan a little star weaving, but don't quite have the skill with your new powers just yet, and manage to burn your hands while trying to weave. You decide to stop crafting and practice power control a bit before continuing.
+34 plasmacrafting exp

Craft. I take my recently aquired rainbow shell and make a sword out of it. I shall name it Rainbow. Put it in my inventory.
attempt: 56-10=46
The crystaline rainbow shell glimmers with hidden power. You solidify your power into a hammer and anvil and place the shell shard in between. The first strike throws you back against a bulkhead as a flash of power is released. Luckily nothing is damaged and the shard remains, pulsing as quietly and innocently as always.
+46 gemforging exp

Craft. Engrave on one small piece of small neon-red crab chitin a wish to have something more malleable.
attempt: 49+20=69
quality: 64
base influence: 54
Taking the last small crab chitin piece not currently on a live crab, you focus your power into a tiny point. engraving your wish for materials dosen't seem to bring anything from the ether, but the piece of shell does make a rather interesting tablet to wax poetic about your material needs.
+69 calligraphy exp
+54 crafting influence
+ lack of material neon-red chitin poem !base influence:54!
Note: you can always spend some of that MASSIVE amount of influence to buy some gather equipment and go find things yourself you know?

YESSS A CITEEEEEEEEE! Can someone trade me an industrial strength rubber conveyor belt? This seems pretty 21st century, so they should have it. Trade my silk, if you have to.

Try it again.
Note: you wouldn't be able to trade the silk anyway, you can only trade things with influence, the point of trading is spreading the impression of your god with items you or other creators have made.

attempt: 100+20=120(ya know, it was bound to happen... >.>)
quality: 62
base influence:75(roll)+62(quality)+54+36+47+12+30+47+31+74(component boost)=468

Frustrated at the lack of success in your grand design. You turn your powers inward. Deep, deep inside your mortal soul you do dive. A world of visual flashes and electical strikes blast by your ethreal self. You push forward. Feeling resistance, you strike out with all the strength your mind can muster. A small tear appears in the fabric of this existance. It grows slowly at first, eventually rampaging as a massive fissure in your inner world. Darting forward the inner world dissapears and you find yourself standing in a stark white.

Hanging from a chain before you is a brightly colored piņata. However this piņata is made of silk. Grabbing the metal baseball bat that suddenly appears, you strike at the cloth donkey hanging before you. Again and again you smash the silken annoyance that has frustrated you for so long. After what seems like hours you hear a sharp crack, and the silk piņata shatters like glass, taking the world with it.

You wake at your workstation. Alarm lights are flashing all around you, and the foot deep depression around you glows with melted metal(like the start of terminator). You blink and look before you in awe. Sparking from the lime green sphere, your creation hums smoothly as the seemless welds and smooth-plastic looking sheen covers the whole object. Robert J. Van de Graaff himself would be proud.

You wonder what exactly happened, when the lights fade, and a nearby readout says:
'Lord Hephaestus life signs returning to normal~'

+240 gadget crafting exp(~Levelup!~)
+936 crafting influence
+divine crafted Van de Graaff Generator !base influence: 468!
- oak cylinder with wooden handle. !base influence: 108!
- large and conductive, lime green metal sphere !base influence: 73!
- simple oak cylinder !base influence: 94!
- lime green metal rod with mostly blunt spikes !base influence: 25!
- sharp spiky lime-green metallic rod. !base influence: 61!
- 1 massive white stone pipe !base influence: 94!
- bolt of red silk
- wooden block with jagged carving !base influence: 63!
- iron and lime metal yellow plasma engine !base influence:149!

Aaaand away we go... :)

Added you to the wait list 100killer9 for cycle 3, be sure to give me a character type, and a name if you like before we start that cycle.

I dunno, but... rocks and sand? Seems like it'd be really easy to find...
The city could have a beach (like Santa Cruz), there could be a Home Depot, people could have rocks in their gardens or on the sidewalks (you know in neighborhood areas where there's a bit between the sidewalk and the street with rocks or trees)... you could take cement, is that made out of rocks?
All quite possible. :) Very few worlds will be devoid of anything, that star was probably the harshest we will get in the way of lack of source materials.

You should embrace the local natures. We could take these people's primitive gadgets and forge masterworks beyond their imaginings!

*glances back up at the post* Funny you should say that, hehe

The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 2, World 6, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #230 on: January 15, 2010, 11:15:43 pm »

Pick up the bloody CHAINSAW and HOLD UP PEOPLE AGAIN!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 11:18:51 am by Phantom »

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 16, 2010, 03:18:09 am »

Take one of the (live)crabs and attempt to connect some AA batteries to it. Reluctantly place VDG machine in group storage.

I suggest trading that generator to one of the less advanced (Medieval, Classical era etc.) worlds we meet, as they will know know it is mechanical, believe it is an artifact of divine proportions and thus value it higher.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 06:37:42 am by lordnincompoop »

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 16, 2010, 04:26:33 am »

(Yeah, didn't think of that but it'll still come in handy I'm sure.)

Buy some Bonecrafting equipment

Then grab the necklace and idol and go in search of beings to trade with.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 16, 2010, 05:03:41 am »

I go into the city and Trade the white stone Hephaestus Idol !base influence: 110!,
twisted lime green metal necklace adorned with polished green stones and small yellow needles. !base influence: 147!, and *Crab Meat Roast* !base influence:95!.
 On the way I ponder the nature of crafting, and try to unravel my mistakes.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 16, 2010, 01:12:55 pm »

I go into the city and Trade the white stone Hephaestus Idol !base influence: 110!,
twisted lime green metal necklace adorned with polished green stones and small yellow needles. !base influence: 147!, and *Crab Meat Roast* !base influence:95!.

RAM you might want to look at my post...The one right above yours...Just saying

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 16, 2010, 03:20:44 pm »

yeah since thunder posted before you, he gets the necklace and idol, you can change your action while we wait on others, or I can just send you out with the roast when the turn comes around.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 16, 2010, 06:20:35 pm »

Engrave on a massive whale bone:
An image of a hoplite and a whale. The hoplite is laughing. The whale is making a plaintive gesture
An image of a spartan. He is surrounded by spartans
An image of a cloth belt and a crafter. The cloth belt is lying down. The crafter is in a fetal position.
An image of a artifact quality sparkling whale bone staff.
An image of a circle.
An image of a divine crafted Van de Graaff Generator.
An image of Hepaestus.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #237 on: January 16, 2010, 06:57:15 pm »

Gather.

What more can I say.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 16, 2010, 11:13:22 pm »

World Difficulty:

group storage:

thunderclan:

Rashilul:

Kinesen:

lordnincompoop:

Phantom:

RAM:

Waiting list:
hibernation:

Pick up the bloody CHAINSAW and HOLD UP PEOPLE AGAIN!
attempt: 4+3=7
Taking the chainsaw with you this time, you head out into the city. However, your lurking about yesterday has been noticed by the local law enforcement, and you are detained by several angry looking oriental cops. Rather than make a scene by killing them all, like you know you could, you relent and they arrest you, but without any sort of crime or proof of even who you are, they can hold you no longer than 24 hours. Nevertheless, this forces you to stay on the world until tomorrow.
+7 gather exp
Note: LOST! only gather and trade actions avaliable next turn.

Take one of the (live)crabs and attempt to connect some AA batteries to it. Reluctantly place VDG machine in group storage.
attempt: 75+20=95
quality: 34
base influence: 30+34=64
Taking a crab and fusing batteries to it without killing the crab is a very delicate buisness. You capture one of the crabs, and open a pack of 8 batteries. Using your power to put the crab to sleep, you take one battery for each leg, and melt the living tissue around the batteries. Then before your creation wakes, you tweak on a microscopic level to give the crab the ability to use the batteries in it's legs. The end result is a crab that only has to eat once a month, and stores the energy. A side effect of the batteries produces a small electric charge that the crab could theoretically use as a defense mechanism, like the electric eel.
+190 cybernetics exp(~Levelup!~)
+128 crafting influence
+battery operated electro-crab(alive){1-2 pieces of small neon-red chitin, 8oz ichor, 2oz crab offal, 20oz crab meat, 2 small crab neon-red claws, 2 beedy neon crab eyes, 8 neon-red crab legs(+1 AA battery each)} !base influence:64!
Note: might be time to spend that uber pile of influence you have going there. Pick a skill or two, or five.

Buy some Bonecrafting equipment

Then grab the necklace and idol and go in search of beings to trade with.
250 influence buys you a nice and shiny bonesaw, for all your happy bonecrafting needs. :)
attempt: 58
economy: 72
influence ajustment: 35=3/5th base influence(60% sale)
Taking the idol and the necklace from the group stockpile you head out into the city with the intent to sell the creations. It dosen't take long, as a few questions from random passers-by directs you to a smallish pawn shop. The propietor is a fairly large japanese man, with a white shirt and tie. He isn't as impressed with the hand crafted items as some people may be, but he makes you an offer. After a little haggling to include some things from his shop, you come to a deal and walk away with 9,500 paper yen, and a bag of antique Shirakawa gravel.
+58 trade exp (~Levelup!~)
+154 trade influence
- white stone Hephaestus Idol !base influence: 110!
- twisted lime green metal necklace adorned with polished green stones and small yellow needles. !base influence: 147!
+ 9,500 paper yen
+ bag of antique Shirakawa gravel(Approximately 5 useable units of gravel)

I go into the city and Trade the /~/ *Crab Meat Roast* !base influence:95!
attempt: 38-30=8
You take the meat roast from group storage. Looking around outside, you don't however find anyone interested in buying the meal. Perhaps this isn't the best place to be hawking crab meat. Either way, after a day of trying you decide it is time to return to the ship. Now where was that portal... After a few moments you realize you are lost, and will be spending some more time here in this world.
+8 trade exp
Note: LOST! only gather and trade actions avaliable next turn.
Ouch... this could be over really quick. Crafters really should not be trading or gathering if they can help it. They are makers of great things, but get lost really easily. Lets hope you roll higher than a 40 next turn.

Engrave on a massive whale bone:
An image of a hoplite and a whale. The hoplite is laughing. The whale is making a plaintive gesture
An image of a spartan. He is surrounded by spartans
An image of a cloth belt and a crafter. The cloth belt is lying down. The crafter is in a fetal position.
An image of a artifact quality sparkling whale bone staff.
An image of a circle.
An image of a divine crafted Van de Graaff Generator.
An image of Hepaestus.
attempt: 69+20=89
quality: 25
base influence: 91+25=116
Taking a large piece of backbone, you begin to carve into the fossilised bone your pictographs. After a few moments of work, you cover the bone with all the images that you wish. The bone holds up well, and would make a lovely centerpiece or boat anchor.
+89 bone engraving exp
+116 crafting influence
+large sparkling-yellow, engraved whale backbone !base influence:95!

Gather.
attempt: 68+20+3=91
quality: 66, 43
quantity: 75-66=9, 31-43=1
Heading out into the city, you let your instincts as a gatherer take over. Looking for raw materials leads you to a construction site. Waiting until the lunch whistle is blown, you manage to hoist a full sized steel I-beam and conceal it with your powers. On the way back you pass an open air cafeteria, and on impulse you stop and manage to convince one of the owners to give you some of the heavy plastic trays in exchange for three of your gold coins. You pile a stack of 20 under your arm and head back to the ship, Steel I-beam following stealthily behind.
+91 gather exp (~Levelup!~)
+ 1 massive steel I-beam(about a foot tall and wide, around 20ft long, would melt into about 15 units of useable steel)
+ 20 red plastic food trays(about .75 units of usable plastic per tray)

Couple really bad rolls here, and a couple decently good ones. One more day on this world, lets hope our lost creators can make it back safely.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 16, 2010, 11:15:31 pm »

Oh now I'm pissed.
Gather by SLAUGHTERING the police and looting them.
RIP AND TEAR!!! RIP AND TEAR!!! (With the chainsaw)
SMOKE AND FIYAH! SMOKE AND FIYAH!
Well since it's my last day, going out with a bang seems good.

(Elias holds grudges and gets pissed real easy.)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 11:21:03 pm by Phantom »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 45