Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 45

Author Topic: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 5, Cycle 2)  (Read 71467 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 2, World 5, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #210 on: January 14, 2010, 01:45:46 pm »

Unless I'm mistaken, he's building this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Van_de_Graaff_generator
Damn, my cover's blown! >:(

Allright, from all the parts, build that electric machine.

Build the Van de Graaff generator, by welding one metal spiky stick to the inside of the ball and the other to the block of wood, affix the orb to the stone pipe, place a plain wood cyinder into the piple and affix a conveyor belt to the cylinder so it touches the "brush" in the orb, connect the engine to the handled cylinder (so it turns with the engine), affix it to the botton and thread the belt through that and affix the orb-pipe with components onto the wooden block so that the belt touches the bottom brush. Ta da. Cue dramatic music, and scream "IT'S ALIVE" while laughing manically.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 14, 2010, 02:24:56 pm »

You went and made it 12000 BC in Chrono Trigger but then you spoil those who get the reference by posting a Youtube link. So I must give you conditional props. Props with an asterisk.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 3, World 5, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #212 on: January 14, 2010, 02:47:06 pm »

Forge a kopis out of two iron bars.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 14, 2010, 05:42:42 pm »

You went and made it 12000 BC in Chrono Trigger but then you spoil those who get the reference by posting a Youtube link. So I must give you conditional props. Props with an asterisk.

I've enjoyed the youtube 'theme songs' the past couple of turns, but by no means do I force people to click on them. I probably will drop that trend, as it does seem a little hokey though.

Rolls will be up in a couple hours here, not at home right now, so will have to wait until I am.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 14, 2010, 08:29:18 pm »

ok, home now so going to finish off this world, and get the rolls done.

I am going to trade off by mulch, glass and maybe something else.

What is the group's opinion on trading stuff in group storage?

Group storage is open for anyone to do anything with, on a first post first use basis. You could gather as many items with influence as your inventory can hold and trade them, or you could use whatever is there to create with.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 14, 2010, 09:58:08 pm »

World Difficulty:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

group storage:

thunderclan:

Rashilul:

Kinesen:

lordnincompoop:

Phantom:

Waiting list:
hibernation:
Yu(Grek) the Peasant

Put the necklace and idol into group storage, get iron and crab chitin and Craft a shield
attempt: 91
quality: 71
base influence: 40+71=111
Taking one of the iron bars, and two small pieces of the red crab chitin, you forge yourself a red crab shield. The iron base provides strength, while the red chitin adorning the surface is delicately engraved and decorated to enhance the armament.
+182 boneforging exp(~Levelup!~)
+222 crafting influence
+ neon-red crab shell shield  !base influence:111!

Um, take the glowing gold steel bar before anyone takes it, then make the lobster and the crab mate.
attempt: 92
quality: 58
base influence: 60+58=118
A little nudge here, a little PROD there. And you have eggs. Looking like little marbles of swirling glass, neon red and bright violet spiral into the center of each of these tiny lobster spawn. Your cross species breeding produces about 25 cherry-sized eggs waiting to hatch.
+184 cross species breeding exp(~Levelup!~)
+236 crafting influence
+ handful of neon-red and violet spiral lobster/crab eggs(25 eggs). !base influence:118!

Craft. Craft a shapeshifting shield. I use one of the small neon-red chitin from the group storage as the base and then fuse it with the solid grey fluid. By channeling power of the mind to the solid grey fluid you can make it shape to your will.
attempt: 61-10=51
quality: 63
base influence: 61+63=124
Taking one of the small neon red chitin pieces you grind it up and sprinkle it into your solid grey fluid. Manipulating the structure and composition of the materials you create a blob of matter that will change shape according to the mind's will. It's a difficult transition though, and you just barely make it work. The end result is a shapechanging blob shield, in neon red.
+51 morphic construction exp
+124 crafting influence
+ neon-red shapechanging liquid shield. !base influence:124!

Build the Van de Graaff generator, by welding one metal spiky stick to the inside of the ball and the other to the block of wood, affix the orb to the stone pipe, place a plain wood cyinder into the piple and affix a conveyor belt to the cylinder so it touches the "brush" in the orb, connect the engine to the handled cylinder (so it turns with the engine), affix it to the botton and thread the belt through that and affix the orb-pipe with components onto the wooden block so that the belt touches the bottom brush. Ta da. Cue dramatic music, and scream "IT'S ALIVE" while laughing manically.
attempt: 14+20=34
Deciding to try this at another angle, you gather all your components and attempt to assemble them into your great creation. However, as time has shown, cloth vexes you at every turn, and it seems today is no exception. Even with your inherent skill with creation, you cannot seem to make the catterpillar spew work for your needs.
+34 gadget engineering exp

Forge a kopis out of two iron bars.
attempt: 54+20=64
quality: 74
base influence: 17+74=91
Claiming the last two iron bars from storage, you heat them into molten metal using your powers and forge the sharp iron weapon. With a smoothed handle and graceful curving blade, the greek machette is well made and strong.
+64 weapon forging exp
+91 crafting influence
+ strong iron kopis !base influence:91!

I am going to trade off by mulch, glass and maybe something else.
attempt: 6(oh noes...)
The black wind howls... You stumble around in the blizzard for what seems like ages. Ice attatches itself to your divine powered shield, as you try desperately to find where the ship portal was located. To no avail, as the sun sets you realize you have been here far too long, and the ship has left without you. Your protective bubble of power fades as you are cut off from the source, and the shock of the freezing air assults you. Within a few more moments there is nothing but the void.
+6 trade exp

Back aboard the ship, the rumble that proceedes to move the ship starts, and most of you notice that Yu is not back yet. However there is nothing you can do, the familiar lurch hits and the ship is away.

A yellow alarm light blinks at the rear hatch of the workshop room, and what seem to be golems made of light float through the main hatch. They return a few moments later carrying the unconscious and seriously frostbitten creator. Carrying him into the bowels of the ship, you hear various disturbing sounds, along with some screaming that is cut off abruptly.

Shortly thereafter, in the hibernation section, one of the pods is unlatched from the many in storage and moved to the workshop level. With a burst of steam and a few electronic boops, the pod opens..

After all this the swirl of stars outside the viewpoint shifts, and you find yourself in a new world.
World Difficulty:

woo boy.

I'm sorry Grek, but you've been lost in the final turn of a world, and this is what happens. At the cost of 600 influence, your creator body has been recovered and healed, however due to complications your body has been returned to stasis. All items and skills have been recorded and saved for a later date.

RAM has been PMed, it will be his choice if he wishes to join this cycle for the rest of it or not. He has 24 hours to respond, then I will give the option to jetsquirrel, and go down the line until someone accepts, or everyone says they wish to wait for a full cycle.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 6, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #216 on: January 14, 2010, 10:36:03 pm »

Buy some Boneforging Equipment

Then Craft whale bone into a staff with crab chitin and crab legs as decoration. Any extra bones will be placed into group storage.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 14, 2010, 11:00:11 pm »

Go Gather by holding up people with the chainsaw.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 15, 2010, 04:45:30 am »

I !!!CRAFT!!! By gathering all the 3 lumps of plasma and weaving two of them into cloth.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #219 on: January 15, 2010, 05:36:32 am »

Craft. I take my recently aquired rainbow shell and make a sword out of it. I shall name it Rainbow. Put it in my inventory.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 15, 2010, 11:12:13 am »

YESSS A CITEEEEEEEEE! Can someone trade me an industrial strength rubber conveyor belt? This seems pretty 21st century, so they should have it. Trade my silk, if you have to.

Try it again.

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 15, 2010, 12:14:27 pm »

Craft. Engrave on one small piece of small neon-red crab chitin a wish to have something more malleable.

100killer9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 15, 2010, 03:53:10 pm »

Could I be placed on the waiting list?
Name: 100killer9
Just out of curiosity, what DOES Dwarf Fortress smell like?
Death, Booze, and Insanity.
Ladders are absolutely essential for one reason and one reason only:

Welcome, friends to Slaves to Armok III: Snakes and Ladders.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 15, 2010, 03:55:13 pm »

That makes me think of a Robot killer gatherer.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 15, 2010, 06:46:26 pm »

Someone gather some rocks/sand
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 45