Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45

Author Topic: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 5, Cycle 2)  (Read 71308 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 2, World 4, Cycle 2)
« Reply #600 on: March 29, 2010, 12:56:39 pm »

I buy three pieces of equipment to help me gather.

I then claim the nautilus tentacles, one bar of platinum and 2 units of white cricket ants

I cook the nautilus tentacles into a sushi fit for a fire lizard (yes all 90). The ants are used to get my fire lizards to help me cook them. Any overflow of the nautilus sushi goes into group storage. If I don't use all the ants they go into group storage before the nautilus sushi.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 29, 2010, 07:30:17 pm »

Carve an image of Cheddarius bleeding with Fil laughing at him on another bone
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 31, 2010, 06:55:06 pm »

World:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

group storage:

EagleV:

Kashyyk:

filiusenox:

Cheddarius:

qwertyuiopas:

Diakron:

~~~~~

Drop the grass in group storage. Now that my mind is still in places where it couldn't get on its own, try to hatch the egg.
attempt: 96
quality: 36
base influence: 93+36+108(egg)=237
During your clear moments of lucidity after using the bong, you figure out what was wrong with the egg. A normal egg is warm, and this one, is hot. Think what it might need to hatch, if a normal egg needs gentle heat, what sort of conflamation might this new egg need. Clapping your hands together in an impressive show of control and skill, you summon a thin wire of divine power that radiates immense heat. circling the egg with this, you carefully tweak the time, pushing the egg to hatch. For a moment, you think even this has failed you, then a tiny hairline crack appears in the egg, followed by another, and another. Before long the egg is covered in cracks, and you wait anciously for the creature inside to get out. It bursts into life with a small explosion, knocking you back from your crouched position, and leaving a small scortched mark all around it. The bird is small, about the size of a grouse or desert road runner, with a long sleek neck, and elegant tail. However those normal aspects of the creature are far from your mind, the plumage of constantly burning fire that replaces feathers, and the tiny gemstone like globes that are eyes stare deep into your soul, boosting your spirit as if you had just heard the greatest of modivation speeches. Letting the heat in your hands fade, you stare in astonishment as the tiny Phoenix cheeps at it's surroundings fearlessly.
+192 enhanced incubation exp(~Levelup!~)
+237 crafting influence
+ mythical phoenix hatchling !Base influence: 237!
- hot to the touch flaming red and orange egg(alive, you think)!Base influence: 216!

I'll use the last plank to make some more generic mechanisms.
attempt: 99+20+1=120
quality: 88
base influence: 47+88+36(plank)=171
You're really getting good at making mechanisms. The work becomes very routine as you quickly stamp several high quality gears from the wood. Each one has many uses but even the untrained eye can see the sharp edges and smooth interlocking tines that are cut into the wood.
+240 wood mechanic exp(~Levelup!~)
+171 crafting influence
+ 7 masterwork palm gears !Base influence: 171!
-palm plank !Base influence: 73!

Grab 2 bars of platinum and do it right this time
attempt: 25+20+1=46
You choose two bars of platinum and get to work, you feel like you come close, but fate just dosen't seem to be with you. You fail again at making a platinum katana, and wonder if your time might be better suited elsewhere.
+46 swordsmith exp

Carve an image of Cheddarius bleeding with Fil laughing at him on another bone
attempt: 62+3=65
quality: 11
base influence: 11+11+31(bone)=53
Recovering from your momentary lapse of maturity, you decide to go ahead and carve your bone with Cheddarius bleeding upon it, and finally manage to complete the engraving. It's a little crude, and hard to make out, but the bone is engraved, and with some explanation the image upon the bear bone would make for a good conversation piece.
+65 bone engraving exp
+26 crafting influence
+ Bleeding Cheddarius Black Bear Bone !Base influence: 53!
- black bear bone !Base influence: 62!

I buy three pieces of equipment to help me gather.

I then claim the nautilus tentacles, one bar of platinum and 2 units of white cricket ants

I cook the nautilus tentacles into a sushi fit for a fire lizard (yes all 90). The ants are used to get my fire lizards to help me cook them. Any overflow of the nautilus sushi goes into group storage. If I don't use all the ants they go into group storage before the nautilus sushi.
spending 750 influence, you purchase from the ship three gathering tools in the form of a remote radar unit, complete with beeping screen unit and tiny rotating dish. [ +3 gather equipment, -750 influence ]
attempt: 74+5=79
quality: 69
base influence: 5+69+75=149
Taking some of the nautilus tentacles you set about cooking them with your fire lizard friends. The crickets are quickly eaten, and tiny bursts of flame are added to your divine powered heat. You had initially planned to cook all of the tentacles, but the lack of proper cooking gear slows you down, and there are quite a large number of the tentacles. You are able to cook a handful of them however, by just grabbing as much as you can and heating them quickly.
+79 cooking exp
+74 crafting influence
+ serving of nautili tentacle sushi !Base influence: 149!
- 10 small smooth nautilus tentacles !Base influence: 150!
Note: see the rule about trying to make too many things at once. I will limit anything like this that ends up being too much for one day's action. Remember that a unit in the inventory is the smallest usable piece, and generally you will only use 1-2 units to make something, possibly consuming up to 10 or 20 in special cases. Making 90 of anything is being too ambitious.

~
Along one side of the work area, and small tube opens up and reveals a hallway, Cheddarius walks out unsteadily, but seems healthy at least. And ready to work.

allrighty then, one more day here on this world. Better make it last. You know the whole errors and mistakes things. Let me know.

The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 3, World 4, Cycle 2)
« Reply #603 on: March 31, 2010, 07:11:47 pm »

Take 10 platinum bars. Make platinum "C" ring.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 08:35:12 pm by Cheddarius »

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #604 on: March 31, 2010, 08:28:09 pm »

Action:
I shall drop the gears in shared storage, and then try carving the tourmaline into a decorative piece that implies mechanical, almost steampunkish theme.

Spoiler: warning: chart (click to show/hide)
Eh?
Eh!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 31, 2010, 11:16:45 pm »

Well as long as we're busting out the charts, might I ask what your reasoning is for items to gain half the influence of their components? Other than saving space and the potential for awesome (which I'll admit can override practicality pretty easily in this case), it seems to limit the usefulness of making parts to assemble with each other, since you lose half the influence in combining them.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 31, 2010, 11:32:00 pm »

Well as long as we're busting out the charts, might I ask what your reasoning is for items to gain half the influence of their components? Other than saving space and the potential for awesome (which I'll admit can override practicality pretty easily in this case), it seems to limit the usefulness of making parts to assemble with each other, since you lose half the influence in combining them.

I felt that if I let them have full influence that the component made items would greatly outshine what others who may be more creative in their crafting might make. Making every nut, bolt, panel, box and lever might create a very nice item with lots of influence, but it's rather boring to me to type out a turn where your smelting some metal to make a bolt three days in a row.

That said, I still wanted to give some incentive for doing that if someone wished. Thus with skill and luck one can still make a great item by using many high quality crafted items.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 11:38:12 pm by Haika »

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 01, 2010, 01:49:21 am »

Aha! This phoenix will be a great centerpiece for a zoo of burning creatures! Claim a nautilus, cover it in black bear fat, and ignite it. Try to make it so the nautilus doesn't feel the fire and it burns forever.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 02, 2010, 01:34:17 pm »

3/6 actions in. Lets see if DF 2010 makes anyone drop out. I'll probably only wait as long as this weekend for posts, if people haven't given actions by then, I will AI them at a loss of some influence. After that, I will give a couple more days and if they haven't posted by the time I'm ready to make a turn, I will boot them for others on the wait list.

DF 2010 is awesome, :) but I'm not letting this game die because of it.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 02, 2010, 04:18:25 pm »

Melt plat. down and suspend it in liquid form then coat the Thread with it and fuse it into them
Back to Mafia with me!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 02, 2010, 04:58:23 pm »

Yeah the Forum Game forum has slowed to a geriatric death-whinny.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 02, 2010, 06:12:25 pm »

A terrible death whinny...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 02, 2010, 06:42:37 pm »

I store all but one of the mushrooms
I take the one tree mushroom apart putting all the wood I cant carry into group storage
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 02, 2010, 07:04:01 pm »

I take the one tree mushroom apart putting all the wood I cant carry into group storage

I think that can be a free action.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 02, 2010, 07:12:19 pm »

I think that can be a free action.

Yep, it can be, but it can also be an action, and thus taking the risk/giving the chance of a low or high quality roll on the items.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45