Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 45

Author Topic: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 1, World 5, Cycle 2)  (Read 71509 times)

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 2, World 10, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #420 on: February 13, 2010, 06:57:31 pm »

I'm here.
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 13, 2010, 08:30:00 pm »

alrighty, that's our 6

Waiting list:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rolls will be up here soon, then I will go over my planned rules changes before the cycle finally ends.

edit: -.- scratch that, waiting on Rashilul to post an action. I've noticed that he can go MIA on the weekends, so I will give him until monday to post an action, before I pass him to auto and fine him some influence
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 08:38:57 pm by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 16, 2010, 12:31:23 am »

World Difficulty:

group storage:

thunderclan:

Rashilul:

Kinesen:

lordnincompoop:

Phantom:

RAM:

Waiting list:

hibernation:

Attach the Chainsaws fuel tank to the Gasoline barrel with the bear leather fuel cable.
attempt: 74
quality: 56
base influence: 66+56+37(hose)+61(barrel)=220
You attempt to assemble your large barrel chainsaw. With a little creative tweaking by wrapping the fuel cable hose around the wearer one can strap the barrel to their back and use the chainsaw like a modern flamethrower. However some of the reach of the chainsaw is limited by the hose connected to it. The overall impressiveness makes up for that though.
+74 weapon assembly exp
+220 crafting influence
- gas-powered chainsaw(if dismantled: 1 sharpened metal chain, 2 long side blades. about 12 screws, 1 small engine, 1 smallish gas tank full with fuel, one pile of assorted scrap)
- 1 black bear skin fuel hose !base influence: 75!
- gasoline barrel(about 4 units) !Base Influence: 122!
+ barrel fueled chainsaw !Base Influence: 220!

Take some pine logs and RAMium metal and Craft a wooden chest with RAMium metal designs on it
attempt: 43
Setting your ideas to make a chest is a simple concept. However the hinges and locks that make a chest more than a box give you trouble. In the planning stage of your item, you run into this block and before you know it the day is over and you still havn't been able to hammer out what you want the chest to look like in these two objects. You decide to give up and try again later.
+43 furniture crafting exp

I claim the last unit of RAMium metal and 1 unit of 'living' metalcloth.
I Craft a pair of Gauntlets by shaping all my 'living' metalcloth around a lattice made from my shiny chromium sphere(10cm r). I try to use a unit of off-green plasma to cause flames to emerge from the backs of the gauntlets...
I claim 1 unit of woven starcloth and 1 unit of 'living' metalcloth.
attempt: 86+20+106
quality: 7
base influence: 29+7+73(cloth)+64(plasma)=173
Taking your sphere you spread your metal cloth out into a general gauntlet shape. Lacing your metalcloth into a woven pattern. The gloves look very impressive, but you arn't finished yet. Taking up some of your plasma, you line the back edge of each finger with some plasma, giving a powerful effect of a burning fireball when you clench a fist. The items are formatable weapons as well as impressive pieces of armor.
+212 glovemaking exp(~Levelup!~)
+346 crafting influence
- unit of 'living' metalcloth !base influence:146!
- unit of green plasma !base influence: 128!
+ green fireball gauntlets !base influence: 173!
Note: inventory is full, and since the sphere wasn't consumed in making the gloves, you didn't have room for the 2nd piece of metalcloth. I don't really see gauntlets needing spheres inside... and you made 2 gauntlets and only had one sphere so...

Craft. I hatch my remaining eggs and put the result in my inventory.
Note: due to the amount of eggs, there's no way you can hatch all of them in one turn.
attempt: 94-10=84
quality: 7
base influence: 55+7+52(eggs)=114
Turning to the fistfulls of crab eggs, you bring your power to bear and try hatching some of them. It's a delicate action, and several of the eggs are destroyed in the process, but in the time you have you do manage to hatch 5 of the tiny crab spawn, at the loss of about 25 eggs.
+84 enhanced incubation exp
+114 crafting influence
+ 5 tiny red crab spawn (alive) !base influence: 114!
- tiny, bright-pink crab eggs(about 25 viable eggs) !base influence: 103!

Using some gravel, my heaviest metals and gold, I create a hollow glass globe (gravel) containing a stable, visible mini-black hole (heavy metal compressed into singularity) with mini-planets interacting with the black hole (other metals) held by a golden dragon figurine.
You gather up some of the gravel and begin to compress your metals, however, alarms ring as you get to the point of black hole creation. With atoms fusing the energy released is already starting to effect the area around your workstation, being able to complete the object while still in the ship would require a massive amount of luck. The ship's safty features kick in before this point and you are encased in a stasis field and the metals are removed from the ship before further damage can be done. You are also fined 16 influence as a slap on the wrist(yay random roller, heh)
-16 influence
- gold bar
- chromium bar
- bar of RAMium metal. !Base Influence: 113!
4. Damage to the Aglaia or her occupants will be deducted from the influence amount of the one who created such. IE: don't make something that will instantly harm everyone around you on purpose. like black holes, supernovas, portable stars, etc.

Rashilul
Meanwhile, Nevets decides to take a break from crafting, the ship fines him 300 influence(rolled a 100 o.o) and allows him to relax for the day.

Ok, one turn left, remember everything in your personal spoiler above is saved, stuff left in group storage however is a gamble and most of it will be melted down for fuel. Remember you still have to choose an action for this final turn as well, but becareful about over packing your inventory, or I will just drop whatever is last on the list into group storage.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons (Day 3, World 10, Cycle 1 )
« Reply #423 on: February 16, 2010, 12:47:44 am »

Put the petrol, Tanto Kama, and the mothering wolf in storage.

Use some copper to make the metal parts of a Lever Action Rifle. And a few pine logs to make the wooden parts. Assemble together.

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 16, 2010, 01:07:03 am »

Toss the wood back into storage. Hammer the RAMium metal into a swordblade. Finally fill out the remaining space in my personal inventory with whale bones.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 16, 2010, 03:11:19 am »

Using some more gravel, craft an ornate glass statue of Hephaestus/Prometheus holding up a fireball. Reserve some gold, some assorted metals and a few units of various hydrocarbon products.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 03:33:22 am by lordnincompoop »

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #426 on: February 16, 2010, 03:17:10 am »

Craft. I take my shard and craft a sword out of it. I will call it Rainbow. Put it in my inventory.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 16, 2010, 05:43:19 am »

I abandon 1 chromium sphere and 1 unit of off-green plasma.
I claim 1 sheet of 'living' metalcloth and 1 delicate green glass orchid

I purchase 4 pieces of relevant equipment.
I craft by combining a delicate green glass orchid, mythical spider tracking necklace, brilliant living soul mask, plasma insole Ramium and living metalcloth boots, green fireball gauntlets, and whatever other materials are required to form a matched set(or single outfit if you dislike that idea).

I then reclaim the chromium sphere, unit of off-green plasma, and as much woven starcloth and 'living' metalcloth as I can carry.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 16, 2010, 02:05:45 pm »

I'd like to get on the waiting list.

Edit: right, forgot about that, I'll be a crafter.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 11:41:54 pm by dragnar »
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 16, 2010, 11:34:42 pm »

I'd like to get on the waiting list.
As a crafter, peasant, or gatherer? You gotta choose or Haika will probably stick you in something random.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 17, 2010, 12:27:11 am »

Peasant would probable make a pretty basic default.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #431 on: February 17, 2010, 07:46:41 am »

Or trader.
Eh?
Eh!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 18, 2010, 01:34:07 pm »

ok, 5/6 actions in, this cycle is basically done. Normally with Rashilul going mia like this he would go into hibernation, but since we are so close to the end, there's not much point. I'll put the rolls up later tonight maybe, and fine him a fair amount for missing two turns in a row assuming he dosen't post by then.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 19, 2010, 07:19:35 pm »

World Difficulty:

group storage:

thunderclan:

Rashilul:

Kinesen:

lordnincompoop:

Phantom:

RAM:

Waiting list:

hibernation:

Put the petrol, Tanto Kama, and the mothering wolf in storage.

Use some copper to make the metal parts of a Lever Action Rifle. And a few pine logs to make the wooden parts. Assemble together.
attempt: 71
quality: 89
base influence: 65+89=154
Putting your petrol, tanto, and wolf in storage, you grab up a handful of copper ore.  Smelting it down into bars, you begin work on your gun. Most of the interrior metalwork is made more difficult by trying to make it out of the soft metal copper. but with a little innovation, and some pine wood to support the thing, you manage to create a passable rifle that can be reloaded by levering a wooden handle under the barrel.
+71 advanced guncraft
+154 crafting influence
+ copper and pine lever action rifle !base influence: 154!

Toss the wood back into storage. Hammer the RAMium metal into a swordblade. Finally fill out the remaining space in my personal inventory with whale bones.
attempt: 25
Putting the pine logs back in storage, you begin to work on your RAMium to try and make a swordblade. You know the basics of making a sword, heat the metal until red hot, and beat it into shape right? However RAMium seems to have a much higher 'red hot' point than other metals, and as you attempt to shape it, it refuses to move for you, eventually you just give up and decide to work with it the next cycle your awake. You finish your end of cycle preperations by grabbing up three of the giant whale bones.
+25 weaponsmith exp

Using some more gravel, craft an ornate glass statue of Hephaestus/Prometheus holding up a fireball. Reserve some gold, some assorted metals and a few units of various hydrocarbon products.
attempt: 85+20=105
quality: 83
base influence: 16+83=99
Ripping open the bag of gravel, you crush some into a lump of glass, and then begin to sculpt. Driven to complete your sculpture before the end of the cycle you move with intent and skill. The product is a crysatline glass sculpture of Hephaestus holding aloft a fireball. It reflects the light just so, with a small amount of orange impurity in the fireball. finishing up your cycle end preperations you grab a few coins and melt them down into a usable unit of gold, compile your metals, and claim a single unit of motor oil to round out your inventory.
+210 glass scuplting exp(~Levelup!~)
+198 crafting influence
+ Crysaline quality glass statue of Hephaestus !base influence: 99!

Craft. I take my shard and craft a sword out of it. I will call it Rainbow. Put it in my inventory.
attempt: 91-10=81
quality: 28
base influence: 84+28=112
Taking your rainbow shell shard, you concentrate and begin to strike it with a hammer shaped piece of your powers. The sparkling waves of power that radiate from the shard produces an impressive effect as the sword slowly becomes to form. With a smooth crystaline hilt, and an impossibly sharp blade, the sword is very impressive itself. A wave pattern of sparkling colors runs up and down the sides of the blade.
+81 weaponcrafting exp
+112 crafting influence
+ Rainbow blade !base influence: 112!
- shard of sparkling rainbow shell

I abandon 1 chromium sphere and 1 unit of off-green plasma.
I claim 1 sheet of 'living' metalcloth and 1 delicate green glass orchid

I purchase 4 pieces of relevant equipment.
I craft by combining a delicate green glass orchid, mythical spider tracking necklace, brilliant living soul mask, plasma insole Ramium and living metalcloth boots, green fireball gauntlets, and whatever other materials are required to form a matched set(or single outfit if you dislike that idea).

I then reclaim the chromium sphere, unit of off-green plasma, and as much woven starcloth and 'living' metalcloth as I can carry.
You ask the ship for four pieces of armor assembly equipment, and it provides you with a set of maniquins in different shapes(male, female, girl, boy), to assemble armor on. -1000 influence, +4 [armor assembly] equipment.
attempt: 54+20+4=78
quality: 63
base influence: 74+63+33(orchid)+74(tanto)+51(necklace)+169(soul mask)+119(boots)+96(gauntlets)=706 :o
Taking the glass orchid and the Tanto-Kama from the group storage, you begin to prepare a suit of armor. You lack the main breastplate, so grab a few bars of copper and whip one together quickly, you also use some of the copper to ring all the pieces together in a fairly intricate way. The overall appearance is a dark yellow metal outfit, with sparks of plasma around the neck, hands and feet. With copper inlay on each item in the form of a star, connecting each piece into a massively impressive set. You round out your inventory with another two pieces of living metalcoth, and one piece of woven starcloth.
+78 armor assembly exp
+706 crafting influence
+ sublime star set equipment !base influence: 706!
-delicate green glass orchid !base influence: 67!
-metal Tanto-Kama !base influence: 148!
- mythical spider tracking necklace !base influence: 203!
- brilliant living soul mask !Base Influence: 339!
- plasma insole Ramium and living metalcloth boots !Base Influence: 238!
- green fireball gauntlets !base influence: 173!

Rashilul
The ship notices Nevets extented absence, and fines him a massive 1000 influence for the repeated offense. The normal fine would have been less, but without any sort of reaction from him, the ship takes what it deems appropriate and places him into storage with the others when the time comes, instead of taking a seperate action to hibernate him.
-1000 influence

As the cycle winds down, everyone gets their inventories in order, and the ship opens up the resting pods for the current crafters to make themselves comfortable. As the world outside the viewport fades, the creators are all safely contained in their pods

Outside the stars of the universes pass by silently, as one more cycle completes.

Alrighty then, there's the last actions, everything in your spoiler for your character will be saved, anything else is fair game. At this point, I am going to go over the rules, and make sure we have a good clean rule structure, as well as add a couple things to try and balance the three turn action types in way of influence. My next post will be of those rules and the changes therein, after that I shall start up the next cycle, with the fuel exchange on group storage, and the awakening of the new creators to a new world.

I may not get everything done tonight, but I have nothing else planned, so the hope is I can get it all typed out. I hope everyone enjoyed the game so far, you may now ask to be placed on the waiting list to refresh your characters, or even start a new one if you desire.

The final influence count:
Influence: 3814 Aristothenes(lordnincompoop) the Crafter
Influence: 1634 Nevets(Rashilul) the Crafter
Influence: 1228 Elias(Phantom) the Peasant
Influence: 1084 Matis(Kinesen) the Gatherer
Influence: 0921 Ram the Crafter
Influence: -045 Fireheart(thunderclan) the Peasant

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hephaestus' Automatons ( Cycle 1 End Recharge )
« Reply #434 on: February 19, 2010, 08:04:50 pm »

Ok, the new updated rules. Feel free to discuss while I make dinner and then begin the new cycle.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 08:17:41 pm by Haika »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 45