Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Dust Theory  (Read 6201 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Dust Theory
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2009, 05:32:20 pm »

You know what Armok? If you can be oh so defensive about your own beliefs when no one is really attacking them and then turn around and insult so many other belifs openly then what good are you? You're just an egocentric hypocrate with a persecution complex.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Time Cube Theory
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 05:37:53 pm »

I had a similar experience.
http://www.timecube.com/

I'm reading it now.  It's off the wall, maybe, but I don't see wh--
A HOLOCAUST AND IT IS NIGH UPON YOU. HIRED SICK TEACHERS
ARE PAID TO TEACH YOU EVIL TO
ENSLAVE YOU STUPID AND YOU
NOW POSSESS AN IDIOT CYCLOPIC
MENTALITY. YOU LACK THE BRAINS TO KNOW THAT 4 SIMULTANEOUS DAYS ROTATE IN AN IMAGINARY CUBED EARTH.
For me, hell is someone shouting out the text from that website for all eternity.

Wanna have some real fun?  Copy the text into Speakonia.  Don't even format it, just straight up copy.

After an hour or two of this, I don't know whether you'd be shoving pencils in your ears or if it'd make sense.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2009, 05:48:38 pm »

You know what Armok? If you can be oh so defensive about your own beliefs when no one is really attacking them and then turn around and insult so many other belifs openly then what good are you? You're just an egocentric hypocrate with a persecution complex.

Due to my attempted war against acronyms, I shall instead say that this is being quoted for the truth it contains.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 05:49:30 pm »

I am not defensive againt honest, rational criticism, but I will answer memetic strategies I see as destructive with the same thing dubled over. Mockery and rediculue is not a suitable way to attack a theory, and thus I respond by equally destructive defences, it's like nukes. If you nuke my village, I nuke your capital and pour anthrax on your other cities.

Similarly, the statement that likening DT to religion is bad regardless of who is right, while I don't particularly like religeons I (thought I was) smart enoguth not to throw around insults, that's just counter-productive. Rather, I meant that DT and religeon are almost antithesis in every possible way, likening them is just... it implies that all world-views are inherently wrong, which is absurdity.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 05:51:37 pm »

Rather, I meant that DT and religeon are almost antithesis in every possible way, likening them is just... it implies that all world-views are inherently wrong, which is absurdity.

At last you get a window into my world.  Were I to allow myself, I would transliterate a cold chuckle right now.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 05:53:50 pm »

I am not defensive againt honest, rational criticism, but I will answer memetic strategies I see as destructive with the same thing dubled over. Mockery and rediculue is not a suitable way to attack a theory, and thus I respond by equally destructive defences, it's like nukes. If you nuke my village, I nuke your capital and pour anthrax on your other cities.

Whilst the paragraph below is actually not a bad point, claiming that you will report people to Toady for responding in a way you mistook as something like an argument or an insult, and then saying that you will do the exact same thing to them in response confuses me. A lot.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 05:54:43 pm »

I'm really not seeing how this is the anti synthesis of religion. Because it has SCIENCE? This is deep enough in the realm of speculation that such a claim cannot be made, and does not null spirituality simply because it reaches into multiple dimensions.

And while you did not throw an insult, you di-

Waitaminute...

"That's WORSE than mockery."
 This could be considered one.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2009, 05:58:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's not even the worst of it. I swear this guy is on shrooms.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2009, 06:03:30 pm »

Anyways, The person who usually browses and moderates is ThreeToe, so if you want to threaten people with moderator support, you should choose the right god-sphere.

I thought armok was being sarcastic. Apparently not. However, I do have to inform you Armok, Religion is an organized belief system that involves spirituality. So, technically if you believe in the Dust Theory, then it is your religion or part of it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2009, 06:08:00 pm »

I'm reading it now.  It's off the wall, maybe, but I don't see wh--
A HOLOCAUST AND IT IS NIGH UPON YOU. HIRED SICK TEACHERS
ARE PAID TO TEACH YOU EVIL TO
ENSLAVE YOU STUPID AND YOU
NOW POSSESS AN IDIOT CYCLOPIC
MENTALITY. YOU LACK THE BRAINS TO KNOW THAT 4 SIMULTANEOUS DAYS ROTATE IN AN IMAGINARY CUBED EARTH.
For me, hell is someone shouting out the text from that website for all eternity.

Wanna have some real fun?  Copy the text into Speakonia.  Don't even format it, just straight up copy.

After an hour or two of this, I don't know whether you'd be shoving pencils in your ears or if it'd make sense.

I listened to it for ten minutes or so.  I started to think it sounded a lot more coherent than people always claim, and I was so terrified by that realization I turned it off.
Shoes...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2009, 06:08:36 pm »

Anyways, The person who usually browses and moderates is ThreeToe, so if you want to threaten people with moderator support, you should choose the right god-sphere.

I thought armok was being sarcastic. Apparently not. However, I do have to inform you Armok, Religion is an organized belief system that involves spirituality. So, technically if you believe in the Dust Theory, then it is your religion or part of it.
No, it wouldn't be a religion.  It would be part of his creed, like a religion would be, but dust theory is not an institution.  Doesn't make any difference to how true it is, though.

I'll make no comment on Armok's expressed beliefs.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2009, 06:12:38 pm »

I'm a holistic nihilist. It's pretty sweet. (I don't exactly know what it means completely).

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2009, 06:14:13 pm »

Uh... you don't think anything exists and you're into alternative medicine?

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2009, 06:15:24 pm »

I listened to it for ten minutes or so.  I started to think it sounded a lot more coherent than people always claim, and I was so terrified by that realization I turned it off.
I've been listening to it for the past half an hour or so and now I can see that the world has four simultaneous days and is actually a cube rather than a sphere. Also, the four day Earth is inherent to either the creation or destruction of racism. Or both. Or the four day Earth is racism. I think...

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2009, 06:16:38 pm »

One thing is for sure, Obama must resign or the sun will attack the earth.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7