Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38

Author Topic: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (Game over, LASD and Vector win!)  (Read 56665 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rysith's Semi-Bastard Mod Mafia (The Dawn of Day 3, 72 hours remain)
« Reply #300 on: January 28, 2010, 05:09:43 pm »

I have an interesting character, in that I have a random ability each night. I actually didn't even think roleblocking was an option, but apparently it was, and that's what I did last night. I thought I was investigating, but the pm that came back said I roleblocked. -

Although, I also didn't target RedWarrior, so I have absolutely no clue what was going on with that.

I'm Zhakarov by the way, World Leader/Fictional Character.

Night one I had the option of changing one of my roles, but I didn't.
Night two I had the option of "investigating" another player, and I tried to investigate Nirur Torir. Unfortunately, it turned into a roleblock. Against another person.

I'm beginning not to like this game, and to suspect it may be more bastardy than the title lets on...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 28, 2010, 05:12:35 pm »

Also, that means right now RedWarrior is the only one with a confirmed block against him - since the mafia didn't (as far as I can tell) get a kill last night, that makes you awfully suspicious in my book...

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 28, 2010, 05:31:50 pm »

I'm posting this now because I believe it should be obvious I'm town, why else would I post how votes (kinda) work, and so have no reason to lie
Why the hell would you say this? It's WIFOM up the ass.

Also, that means right now RedWarrior is the only one with a confirmed block against him - since the mafia didn't (as far as I can tell) get a kill last night
They didn't get a kill N1 either. At least not a real one.

And yeah. I am a mathemetician.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 28, 2010, 05:38:51 pm »

I have a guess on what one of the rules does.  Actions/votes go on the person one below, which explains why we have these terrifically screwball night actions going on.  It's probably not number 5, either, given that 5 was theoretically inactive throughout all of last night.  So that leaves 2, 3, or 6, and we still have no good idea as to what 5 does.

I'm going to suggest that we stop our MC here rather than spewing our roles like a bunch of rabid weasels, given that we seem to be basing all this on one person's inspection.  If there's any anti-milling/redirecting/bussing/different-sanity copping going on (or, hell, even a lot of purely randomized bastardry), an MC is going to hurt us badly.  Same goes for if Shades is taking one for the scumteam... I can think up plenty of reasons why a scum player would "help" the town in exchange for outing scads of roles.

Well, anyway.  Now that we know how to vote, we should focus our efforts more on scum-hunting and looking carefully at the behavior of the three folks Shades has identified, rather than running about willy-nilly.

So, Nirur Torir/Shades/RedWarrior0, what are your suspicions, and why?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 28, 2010, 05:41:46 pm »

So if I get lucky enough to get my option to swap my roles via Personal Discovery and change to mathematician and artist, that would be game, because I can lead people of the same types as me to victory.

Unfortunately, the chance of that happening seems hella slim at this point...

Zai
The list at the beginning says Panda was killed night one. And I was under the impression you were killed as well, but you got better for some reason.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 28, 2010, 05:43:44 pm »

The list at the beginning says Panda was killed night one.
Oh right. I forgot that.

And I was under the impression you were killed as well, but you got better for some reason.
I didn't "get better." I never died.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 28, 2010, 05:58:38 pm »

I am some guy, I'll put the name up later if you want. i'm a mathematician. I have some knowledge of the rules. Well, I should. Instead, I am incredibly peeved at Glyph, because he stopped me from deriving one of rules 2, 3, and 6.

Night 1, I was not aware that I had an action. It helps to have something that explicitly states "Actions: "

Last night, I used my action: Derive the text in one of three rules

Now, here's part of why I have been lurking. Of course, that I don't have much to add is one part, but the other part is that each post I make changes the status of one of Rule 4 and Rule 5. You can confirm this. Just open up a word processor and use the word count in each one. If there's a quote in it, take out the "[ quote author = ... ]" and "[/quote]" first. Although maybe it's that you take out the text of the quote.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 28, 2010, 06:06:53 pm »

So, I don't fully get this, Red.  How does the word count have anything to do with the rules?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 28, 2010, 06:10:30 pm »

Odd word count: One of the rule changes
Even word count: The other one changes

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 28, 2010, 06:12:08 pm »

I am Kurt Godel. Exactly 1 rule will have changed status after this post. Even count = rule 4. Odd count = rule 5.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 28, 2010, 06:38:08 pm »

RedWarrior, a request, assuming you're being truthful. Disable both rules, and then double post when you post, to keep the rules disabled.

So, Nirur Torir/Shades/RedWarrior0, what are your suspicions, and why?

I'm suspicious of Shades right now, because confirming three people as townie per night seems like an implausible role to me. There's also that WIFOM he through in that last post.
And yet, it's a rather risky move to false-claim like that.
If Glyph is correct that he roleblocked RedWarrior, along with Shades being correct, that makes him a wise lynch, I think. His role is also perfect for a false-claim, because we really don't want to miss a chance to know the rules.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 28, 2010, 06:59:04 pm »

So GlyphGrpyh you didn't go to RedWarrior last night?  Odd.
Either you're lying or my results are screwy.
However, I was indeed role-blocked Night 1 by someone, I'm guessing LASD sense he said and all.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 28, 2010, 07:46:14 pm »

No, I DID go to RedWarrior last night, I just didn't choose him as my target.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 28, 2010, 08:04:31 pm »

I don't suppose anyone has been sending people strange notes, perhaps about burning?

Also, Toony and Zai, i haz good news for you. You are both immune to the rules for this day only. At least you should be.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 28, 2010, 08:07:28 pm »

What are all the rules Rysith?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 38