Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: A Line of Dwarves  (Read 16978 times)

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: A Line of Dwarves
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 11:44:21 am »

Oh and for the record im not that experienced.

Im weathered enough to get by but dont expect anything totally exceptional from me.

And do you have any screenshots yet? Id like to see what i will be working with
http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/df-line/adventure-log/welcome Read from here.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Tokkius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 12:36:34 pm »

Might be more prudent to have someone go before me. School-related stuff has come up (goddamn group projects), and I won't have much time until tonight/tomorrow.

(Ergh. Now I remember why I hesitated to join any community forts in the past.)

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 12:45:53 pm »

Seeing as it's 4:45 AM and I probably won't wake up till somewhere around 1 - 2 PM, I guess that'd be plenty of time for you to start on it? If you don't want to, I'll happily take the turn ^^ I can wake up a bit earlier to do it nice and fast.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Tokkius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 01:34:25 pm »

Disregard the above. I have time for a year, now that I've straightened things out.

(STABLE SCHEDULE IS STABLE.)

Xieg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 04:43:53 pm »

This looks interesting, I like the idea of making more forts as we fail along the way.  Throw my name on the list and pray I don't do something stupid.

Tokkius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2009, 06:02:53 pm »

1st Granite of 302

Deinol, finding himself growing weary of the burdens of leadership, has put me in charge until someone more suitable to the position appears. Though I must admit that I am less than thrilled, I will honor his decision to the best of my ability.

First order of business, the horrid design of this place. No offense meant to my former, but my senses veritably moan in pain when exposed to the illustrated layout that he had the courtesy to draft (which I will continue to update as things go along, might I add). He may be a good dwarf and hard worker, but an architect he is not.

Anyways, now that the "good-natured" ribbing is out of the way, time to get working. I'll be going about my normal business while supervising my fellows. Firstly, I told the miners to widen things out a bit so our unoccupied workers could erect proper walls in place of the soily mess, and to organize our corridors more efficiently and aesthetically.

14th Granite of 302

I've noticed that, without the benefit of the sweet nectar of the gods that is known as alcohol, our productivity is severely crippled. I've ordered the gathering and brewing of a large swath of usable vegetation outside our entrance. As well, we have started production of stone crafts in an effort to clean up the place and bring in some wealth and much needed supplies.

8th Felsite of 302

Several hopeful immigrants have shown themselves, bringing our total population count up to 39.

1st Hematite of 302

There was an unfortunate incident in the reservoir. A simple careless mistake by one of our miners led to the collapse of an extended rock platform, knocking out two workers who happened to be nearby at the time. There are no injuries, so I'm just going to chalk this up to absentmindedness due to booze withdrawal. No disciplinary action will be taken.

6th Hematite of 302

Catten Inethisan, our local woodcutter, has stopped responding to us. He speeds back and forth between our stockpiles, gathering materials by the armful, ignoring any attempts to communicate, no matter how drastic. I hate to lose one such as him. Perhaps, though, it's not a form of insanity? I've heard of things like this around the Mountainhomes, but I've never seen it happen. We'll see what develops. In the meantime, work continues on the reservoir. I hope to see it complete before the year is out.

I'll continue this later. Something has come up. Sorry for the lack of screenshots, but nothing visually interesting has happened so far.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 07:16:03 pm »

I would like to try my hand at this, I am kinnda new to DF but I am over the first learning hump and been able to run a fortress for multiple years. I also like the idea of keeping the same world. I'll sign up for whenever.
Thank you based dwarf.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2009, 11:22:46 pm »

Ooh, I can't wait to have a go >w<

deinol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2009, 01:41:47 pm »

There are a ton of things I could have done better starting out. But that's why it's fun to watch a game progress and see what other people find important to do.

I've updated the top post to have our current line up.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2009, 09:18:16 pm »

I think a bump is necessary. :3

Tokkius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 01:01:36 am »

I can't do it. Sincere apologies, but I simply won't/don't have enough time, being swamped with projects.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2009, 01:11:46 am »

I can't do it. Sincere apologies, but I simply won't/don't have enough time, being swamped with projects.
Ooh, ooh, ooh, does this mean it is DOOMY'S TURN?! *crazed look*

deinol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2009, 01:15:09 am »

You want to give us what you did do? Either that or Doomshifter can start from my save.

People can email files to me and I can host them. I'm deinol at gmail.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2009, 01:45:04 am »

You want to give us what you did do? Either that or Doomshifter can start from my save.

People can email files to me and I can host them. I'm deinol at gmail.
It's been about half-an-hour and I haven't heard anything form him. Can I make a start from your save?
(Also, you can host the saves on the DFFD.)

deinol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2009, 01:50:05 am »

It's been about half-an-hour and I haven't heard anything form him. Can I make a start from your save?
(Also, you can host the saves on the DFFD.)

If you are rearing to go then go ahead. He only got a couple months in, but you can take his post as general advice on what to expect.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19