Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 49

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 12 - Game Over!  (Read 56886 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafa - Round 12
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2009, 03:43:56 am »

Protip: If anyone investigates me, they'll see that I'm a Survivor. If they get any other result, they're free to tell anyone and everyone and CONGRATULATIONS YOU'VE TRADED ONE SCUM FOR ONE TOWNIE AT THE VERY WORST.

Also, pre-emptive WIFOM: I do have a Mind Shield. So yeah. Other than that, you can pretty much see that you're all being idiots.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2009, 03:52:07 am »

With 16 people and 4 dopps, i think a worst case scenario on Pandar's bomb drops 1 survivor alien, 2 townies, dopps snag another townie at night, exterminator snags one and vig snags one.

That would be 1 survivor, 5 townies, leaving us at 10 people, with 4 dopps, which drops us straight into Mylo day 2.

Far more likely though, we'd be at ~12 - 13 people, possibly with a dopp or exterminator alien kill (all this assumes we have an exterminator, we might not), which isn't quite as bad, but is still pretty bad.

-FAKE EDIT-

Ok Pandar; what the hell. You just admitted that you have a Mind Shield and then go off to say that any investigations will turn up Survivor, despite freely admitting you are an alien and thus have access to an Advanced Mind Shield.

You sir, are full of shit, you are a large crockpot. It's too risky to lynch you day 1, but come day 2 i'm going to be bringing down the hammer on your lying-ass scumhead.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2009, 04:04:25 am »

I have a Natural Mind Shield.

As a Survivor, there's no reason I would need or want to waste my Small Tech Slot on an Advanced Mind Shield, so I took the Don't Fuck With The Survivor Bomb.

If anything, I wish I did NOT have the Mind Shield because then a Telepath could confirm my goal as Survive. So, yeah.

You're still retarded.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2009, 06:28:49 am »

I have a Natural Mind Shield.

As a Survivor, there's no reason I would need or want to waste my Small Tech Slot on an Advanced Mind Shield, so I took the Don't Fuck With The Survivor Bomb.

If anything, I wish I did NOT have the Mind Shield because then a Telepath could confirm my goal as Survive. So, yeah.

You're still retarded.

All of which relies entirely on your survivor claim, a claim which we cannot prove.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2009, 09:27:21 am »

About Pandarsenic:

Very UGLY situation. 

First off, the claim is VERY ballsy.  If he's checked and seen as a liar he'll be lynched very quickly.  As such, it leans on him being honest. 

As far as leaving him alive and there's the typical 2 death per cycle (1 lynch, 1 doppkill) we'll have 3 mislynches before the game ends, with a NL on Day 3 (Day 4 would leave it as 4 dopps+1survivor vs 6 town).  That's a typical game in truth.

Meanwhile, his claim can be checked since there's still the physical roles. 

Thus, unless we have reason to discount his claim, he's best left alone. 

Meanwhile,

This bugged me.

I'm not trying to defend Org's play style, it is generally unhelpful for town. I would accept a lynch on that basis. Apon re-reading now I see that Org was avoiding your question with that joke, I had not realized when I previously posted. I understand your reasoning for wondering why Org wasn't lynched more often, but I just can't shake the feeling that you and janus are scum gunning for an easy lynch.
Janus wasn't outright agreeing with you and pushing the lynch as that would associate him as your scum buddy. What he was doing is hinting he wanted an Org lynch, he was saying that Org was acting scummy. He was in a way persuading other players, to vote Org.

You FoSed them for going after the Org lynch for no reason except that he's easy.  However, the quote above shows that you see them having a VERY good reason to vote for Org yet you're still on them for an 'easy lynch'. 

Worse off, you're reacting to 1 vote and one side attack just leaving RVS. 

Lastly, you aren't even voting for either of them, even though your last vote was a RV.

All that is very ugly, AFD.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2009, 10:44:01 am »

I have an idea:

Everyone we think is scum will lynch Pandarsenic. That way, we'll randomly kill 2 of them and we no longer have to deal with Pandarsenic. Any seconds?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2009, 12:56:24 pm »

Web, that's exactly what AFD was suggesting; and the Deadman bomb doesn't kill off two people who voted for the alien, it kills off the hammerer and a random person, who may or may not have voted for the alien.  Otherwise, it would be simple to just have one person whom we want dead to vote for the alien, and the shield would kill off them and no-one else.

Like I said, let's see if there's a scientist about.

Meph, since the assasin bot cannot be tracked, would the deadman bomb kill its user?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2009, 01:08:57 pm »

As you debate the merits of killing off Pandarsenic, he makes a gasping noise. You look over to see the point of a sharpened stake jutting from his chest, it's point slick with yellow ichor. With a gurgling sound he pitches forward onto the ground. Behind him sits a small tracked robot with some sort of piston-hammer arm that the spike was attached to. Looks like he's been assassinated!

As this realization dawns on you, people being to dive for cover to get away from his bomb. But the camp stays silent, and after a bit you decide it is safe to examine the body. Looking it over, you can see that some sort of holographic technology was hiding his true form from you. He was obviously an alien being of some sort. He also has an array of strange alien weaponry on him. This was no Survivor...this was an Exterminator! Whoever killed him...may have just saved many lives.

Breathing a sigh of relief, you turn back to the issue at hand. Finding the rest of the monsters out to kill you.

To answer the question posed, a deadman bomb would simply kill two random people in the case of an assassin bot kill. Not that it mattered in this case.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2009, 01:11:22 pm »

Thoughts on investigating Pandarsenic:

Investigative Roles (from best to worst):
Detective - Would tell us which kind of Alien he is (or if he's not an Alien).
Agent - Would tell us if he's an Alien, but not necessarily which type.
Reporter - If Pandarsenic goes anywhere, he's lying.  Could also pinpoint a Scientist, if there is one, by watching Pandarsenic's house.
Telepath - Useless if Pandarsenic told the truth about his Mind Shield.

Right now, I agree with Frelock (and maybe others, don't remember).  Let Pandarsenic alone for today and see what sort of Aliens are about tonight.  If there's a Scientist, he'll nab Pandarsenic right off the bat because Aliens are the rarest of his targets.  If there's an Exterminator, we'll have an extra kill (that won't be Pandarsenic because of the bomb).

Then tomorrow, we should have more information and we can deal with him.

Well, that was exciting.  And kind of amusing.  I'm glad that we got rid of an Exterminator.  Kind of invalidates my whole post though.

Mod:  Does the presence of an Exterminator guarantee the presence of an Operative and/or vice-versa?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2009, 01:16:08 pm »

Mod:  Does the presence of an Exterminator guarantee the presence of an Operative and/or vice-versa?

Operative requires Exterminator. Exterminator does not require anyone other then targets.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2009, 01:20:23 pm »

Meph, since the assasin bot cannot be tracked, would the deadman bomb kill its user?

As you debate the merits of killing off Pandarsenic, he makes a gasping noise. You look over to see the point of a sharpened stake jutting from his chest, it's point slick with yellow ichor. With a gurgling sound he pitches forward onto the ground. Behind him sits a small tracked robot with some sort of piston-hammer arm that the spike was attached to. Looks like he's been assassinated!

Any comment?

Not that you would be cleared even if the kill was your doing.  A Dopp Mad Scientist would want to remove a Deadman's bomb as much as the rest of us.  Especially if you thought (correctly) that Pandarsenic was lying.

At least he gets his wish, yes?  He gets to sit around until the end of the game without having to say anything... :P
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2009, 01:23:53 pm »

An exterminator posing as a survivor with a deadman's bomb.

Now that is ballsy. 

Now that he's done though, AFD, comments on my case against you?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2009, 02:15:12 pm »

Also, I know that Jim Groovester is in fact scum.

Do you just like pulling random accusations out of your ass, webadict?

If you do, in fact, have any basis for voting for me, other than saying it's obvious and resting on your laurels as a reputable scumhunter, I'd like to hear it.

I need some other players opinions here. Neruz, Jim Groovestar, Kashyyk, what do you think about using panda's deadman bomb to lynch?

Moot point, he's dead now. If I had come into the thread before Pandarsenic was killed, I might've said that we should've just lynched him immediately, and cut through his WIFOM, or wait to see if there was an alien scientist, or just ignore him. Real helpful, I know, but I missed the whole thing from when Pandarsenic claimed to when he was shot by some mad scientists' bot.

There's a lot of people we haven't heard from yet. I have yet to see a post from RedWarrior0.

RedWarrior0! Come out, come out, wherever you are!
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2009, 02:16:24 pm »

Also, I know that Jim Groovester is in fact scum.

Do you just like pulling random accusations out of your ass, webadict?

If you do, in fact, have any basis for voting for me, other than saying it's obvious and resting on your laurels as a reputable scumhunter, I'd like to hear it.
Someone's D-E-fensive!

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2009, 02:20:06 pm »

Can I just say I'm suprised at two things?

1) Panda's performance was as good as a chocolate teapot.
2) No-one Random-voted me.

As from here, I have no suspisions.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 49