Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 49

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 12 - Game Over!  (Read 56815 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Paranormal Mafa - Round 12
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2009, 05:11:20 pm »

Well that was interesting and not very smart; ballsy, but not very smart.

Frelock and forsaken1111, care to elaborate as to why Frelock made the assassin bot comment, then you suddenly come out and claim it was you? Why am i getting the feeling that you two are more than meets the eye?

His comment has nothing to do with me saying that, I had just woke up and came in to let you all know. I sent the PM to meph right after pandar made his first claim. Frelock did not 'give me the idea' nor am I trying to take credit for something I didn't do.

Although if that's what you really think, why would I ever risk claiming it when the 'real' mad scientist could just come out to dispute it quite easily? That would be a bit daft.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2009, 05:15:01 pm »

Thanks for claiming that panda. I don't believe he is survivor alien. He is more likely exterminator with bomb or mafia bluffing. How about, while we have a chance, instead of lynching the most scummy today, we force them to lynch panda instead?

Remember that the deadman bomb is only guaranteed to hit the last person to vote for someone.  It also hits another random person too.  So, we'd have a >75% chance of killing a townie off in the process (assuming that the person we pick to hammer Panda is scum).  You're plan is very poorly thought out.  Personally, I say we see if we have a scientist; I'm sure they'd be very interested in a survivor alien.

Now, as for actual suspicions, I really don't like Org's playstyle.  It's unhelpful to the town and draws attention to himself and away from other players.  I also don't like Fey for encouraging him.  Do I think they're both scum having a gay 'ol time laughing at the town while we scoff at their style?  Not likely.  However, I don't like what they're doing.  I'm going to go with an Org policy lynch for now.  He might be scum, but any way you look at it, he's unhelpful for the town.
THANKS OTHER SCUMZ BUDDY. IT MAKES ME LOOK LESS SCUMZ. DOIN SOME GOODS>

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2009, 05:18:08 pm »

For real:
Webadict
, why are you being all votin and stuff when you dont give good infos?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2009, 05:23:02 pm »

Well that was interesting and not very smart; ballsy, but not very smart.

Frelock and forsaken1111, care to elaborate as to why Frelock made the assassin bot comment, then you suddenly come out and claim it was you? Why am i getting the feeling that you two are more than meets the eye?

His comment has nothing to do with me saying that, I had just woke up and came in to let you all know. I sent the PM to meph right after pandar made his first claim. Frelock did not 'give me the idea' nor am I trying to take credit for something I didn't do.

Although if that's what you really think, why would I ever risk claiming it when the 'real' mad scientist could just come out to dispute it quite easily? That would be a bit daft.

Yes it would be somewhat daft, and no, saying 'hey i wouldn't be stupid enough to do this because it is really stupid' does not in fact suddenly clear your name.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2009, 05:25:10 pm »

Besides, you should all know me better than this. I like playing Exterminator too much to put everything on the line like this if I was something interesting. I'm only doing this because Survivor is boring but I can't NOT play to win.

Basically something exactly like this...
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2009, 05:33:42 pm »

Hm, I see your point but the fact remains that I am the mad scientist who pulled the trigger on the exterminator.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2009, 05:37:18 pm »

That's what you say, Pandar was telling us that the fact was that he was a survivor with a dead man bomb.

Turned out that was most definitely not the case.

I'm willing to believe that you might be the one who pulled the trigger, but i'm seriously questioning your town claim. Especially since i was pushing to keep Pandarsenic alive as a weapon to be used against the dopps later in the game. I'm starting to wonder if a Dopp Mad Scientist with an Assassin Bot panicked a bit when he saw where this was going, and there appears to be possible evidence of collusion with Frelock.

I'm voting forsaken1111.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2009, 05:46:55 pm »

Why would a dopp want to call Pandar's bluff? It would have been much better to let the town deal with him for a while. As a survivor he would have done nothing to harm the dopps, and when the town did eventually decide to deal with him he had a very good chance of taking a few townies out.

If he had turned out to be an exterminator, which some had theorized, he had a much better chance of killing a townie than a scum tonight if he had lived, and if I really was a dopp mad scientist with an assassin bot then, if noone had voted him yet, I would have let him kill a few times before using the bot to trigger his deadman bomb in the hopes of killing some more townies.

Either way, as a dopp it would not have been in my best interest to kill him now. As a townie I decided we needed to resolve the whole pandar situation and get on with scum hunting.

And thus I'd like to FoS you Neruz, because this seems like nothing but a scummy attempt to discredit a claimed townie.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2009, 05:50:28 pm »

But you're forgetting that Pandarsenic flipped Exterminator.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2009, 05:56:15 pm »

Actually, never mind.

I should read more closely before posting.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2009, 05:56:25 pm »

Unvote.

Yeah FoS on Fey Dwarf for his comments. Nobody was 'pushing an easy lynch' nor did they even vote Org, they were just seeking clarification after someone claimed to be scum.

Way to overreact bro.
This seems like bandwagonning, forsaken1111.

You know what?

Unvote Neruz. I don't need to bother with this.

Why?

Because I'm a Survivor Alien with a Deadman Bomb, and I dare anyone who doesn't believe me to just try to kill me.

Call me at Lylo.
Well, if there's a scientist, you're screwed.

I'd also like to FoS AFD for latching onto pandar and calling for his lynch so fervently. Anyone who believes someone is not scum and still tries this hard to lynch him is either scum or not thinking straight.
FoS without vote on the same person.  Obv scum is scummy.  No need to lynch the survivor when we have you.

Quote from: Mephansteras
HAHAHA EXTERMINATOR GOT OWNED
Rofl.

Hm, I see your point but the fact remains that I am the mad scientist who pulled the trigger on the exterminator.
I believe you.  However, the scum wants to get rid of Exterminator just as much as town does.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2009, 06:00:35 pm »

Why would a dopp want to call Pandar's bluff? It would have been much better to let the town deal with him for a while. As a survivor he would have done nothing to harm the dopps, and when the town did eventually decide to deal with him he had a very good chance of taking a few townies out.

If he had turned out to be an exterminator, which some had theorized, he had a much better chance of killing a townie than a scum tonight if he had lived, and if I really was a dopp mad scientist with an assassin bot then, if noone had voted him yet, I would have let him kill a few times before using the bot to trigger his deadman bomb in the hopes of killing some more townies.

Either way, as a dopp it would not have been in my best interest to kill him now. As a townie I decided we needed to resolve the whole pandar situation and get on with scum hunting.

And thus I'd like to FoS you Neruz, because this seems like nothing but a scummy attempt to discredit a claimed townie.

As a dopp it would most certainly be in your best interests to kill him now. I asked Meph what would have happened if Pandar hadn't been lying and he said that 2 random people would have died from the dead man bomb; the odds at the start of the game are that those 2 people would have been townies, as at the moment townies vastly outnumber dopps.

Later in the game though, when the dopps aren't so heavily outnumbered, the odds are no longer in their favour; if Pandar had a dead man bomb it would statistically be a good idea to hit him as early as possible for the Dopps to maximise the chance that it would take out town, or as late as possible for the Town to maximise the chance that it would take out Dopps.

This is exactly what i was proposing we do, whereupon you came out of nowhere and assassinated him, risking losing 2 townies as the most likely option, that is extremely anti-town and looks right in line with what i would expect the Dopps to do.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2009, 06:01:18 pm »

Yeah FoS on Fey Dwarf for his comments. Nobody was 'pushing an easy lynch' nor did they even vote Org, they were just seeking clarification after someone claimed to be scum.

Way to overreact bro.
This seems like bandwagonning, forsaken1111.
I hardly think a FoS is 'bandwagonning' (is that a word now?) but in this case I was pointing out the absurdity of what he said, and how it doesn't exactly align with reality. I didn't vote him, that would have been 'bandwagonning'

No need to lynch the survivor when we have you.
What does this even mean? The 'survivor' is dead.

I believe you.  However, the scum wants to get rid of Exterminator just as much as town does.
Maybe, but wouldn't scum want him to kill one or two townies first? Right now even a random would have a very good chance of hitting town.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2009, 06:03:16 pm »

Maybe, but wouldn't scum want him to kill one or two townies first? Right now even a random would have a very good chance of hitting town.

Exactly.

Thanks for tipping your hand Mr. Scumbag.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2009, 06:04:27 pm »

Exactly.

Thanks for tipping your hand Mr. Scumbag.

I point out that exterminator would probably kill a townie if I let him live, which is why I killed him, and this is somehow proof I am scum?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 49