Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 444

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 610378 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #4110 on: August 29, 2012, 09:22:21 pm »

What kind of cards?  Mod-provided?  MtG/Pokemon/Yugioh/whatever?  Ace of spades?  I'm interested.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: August 29, 2012, 09:54:12 pm »

Any of those would be fine.  The only rules on it would be "don't make up your own cards just for the purposes of this game" and "don't make it anything I'd get banned for posting".
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:17:20 am by Leafsnail »

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: August 29, 2012, 10:02:52 pm »

Since we're on the topic of cards, here's an idea that's sitting around in my head for a while. Blackjack Mafia.

Two standard decks of playing cards will be used. Everyone starts with ~$1000. In the morning, everyone is dealt 2 cards. They play (a simpler version of) blackjack. If you lose all your money you die. Lynch means redistribution of money. You carry these cards into the night, where you can spend $$ to activate cards abilities. Higher value cards have better effects, but cost more $$ to activate. For example, a king might give you an inspect for $500. An ace gives a kill for $1000. A 5 might give you a 50% doc for $150. Everyone also has abilities, such as card switches, etc.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: August 30, 2012, 02:29:30 am »

They play (a simpler version of) blackjack.
Didn't read further. -1.

This is Mafia, not blackjack.

BTW, Wuba, what happened to DOGM? I read the last one and it sounded pretty awesome. Why did you close it down halfway through?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: August 30, 2012, 05:56:06 am »

I enjoy Liar's Dice.

For card based mafia I've always envisioned Bring Your Own Cards, whereby you can take a set of any 5 cards to provide yourself with your abilities.
I know exactly what to do :D (MTG)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: August 30, 2012, 07:51:19 am »

They play (a simpler version of) blackjack.
Didn't read further. -1.

This is Mafia, not blackjack.

BTW, Wuba, what happened to DOGM? I read the last one and it sounded pretty awesome. Why did you close it down halfway through?
I messed up the rules partway through. After that, I'm pretty sure someone figured out an exploit that would've killed everybody.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: August 30, 2012, 07:53:38 am »

But what were the rules?

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: August 30, 2012, 01:38:04 pm »

Speaking of which, does anybody enjoy Liars Dice? I'd enjoy a few rounds if we can arrange a time.

I enjoy it, I'll need to refresh myself on the rules though.  I'm free most Monday mornings and evenings, although not the coming one, Tuesdays are iffy, and most Saturdays and Sundays I'm available all day, although again, not the coming one.

Any of those would be fine.  The only rules on it would be "don't make up your own cards just for the purposes of this game" and "don't make it anything I'd get banned for posting".
Sounds interesting, I'd be up for it.

I would also recommend having players link to a wiki, almost all card games have one these days.  At the very least they should send in an image of the card.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: August 30, 2012, 01:47:18 pm »

I'm a fan of Liar's Dice, even if I'm no good at it when I'm drinking.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: August 30, 2012, 02:17:01 pm »

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=603

http://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=9771
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: August 30, 2012, 06:08:55 pm »

Quote from: Sample
Chaos Orb: Play this card at night.  Target one player.  During the following day, you must vocally change your position (and accompanying vote) on whether that player is town or scum twice.  You cannot tell other players you are doing this due to an ability, and if anyone else realises you are then your action is regarded as a failure.  If you successfully perform the 360 degree turn your target dies and this card is discarded.

Look at Me, I'm the DCI: Play this card at any time.  Send me a name.  If cards of that name name are currently LEGAL, they become ILLEGAL.  If cards of that name are currently ILLEGAL, they become LEGAL.  This card is then discarded.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: August 30, 2012, 09:41:06 pm »

Oh, you must do this game.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: August 30, 2012, 09:47:27 pm »

How can you stop players accusing others of using Chaos Orb's ability on everybody just as insurance every day?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: August 30, 2012, 10:00:36 pm »

By not making it the same when I actually run the game :P.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: August 31, 2012, 10:53:01 am »

Or have a card with an effectively opposite ability. If someone accuses you of doing the flip for some OTHER reason, the ability goes off. Not a kill, that'd be too powerful. But something else. Maybe a double-vote.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 444