Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 444

Author Topic: Games Threshold Discussion and List  (Read 610210 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Games Threshold Discussion and List
« Reply #4095 on: August 17, 2012, 10:29:20 am »

Yeah that occurred to me shortly after posting but I know that you're not supposed to edit posts in this section of the forum... Or is that ONLY in the games? Better safe than sorry.

I'd rather do a BM [Beginner's Mafia] before something more hard-core but currently they don't seem to be running. I just want to play the game. Try my hand so to speak. I'm willing to take whatever I can get.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: August 17, 2012, 10:30:36 am »

We'll figure some other way to encourage engagement.
Oooh, I know. 1) Ban all people with a steady history of lurking/abandoning games (i.e. Jokerman and TolyK) and anybody without at least one BM completed from entering. 2) Do not start the game without at least one person in replacement queue. Instant profits.

By the way, what happened with that activity tracking table or whatchacallit that Wuba started sometime long ago?

I don't like the second part of part 1. I assume BM means Bastard Mafia. I've been looking around here for a bit. I haven't found any currently running games that would allow a first time player [myself] from joining. Usually it's because I haven't found any games not already in progress. I'm trying to learn how to play.

My point is this: Why would you want to block people who haven't done a BM yet? Why not let them learn the ropes through whichever game?

By BM here he means Beginner's Mafia.  We almost always have one running for new players to join, and the current one can be found here.  It's about to enter Day Three, so it's most likely going to end soon, but if you want to join the replacement queue, that would be great.

The games are almost always held back-to-back so that new players can hop in at any time.

The reason we want people to play a BM first most of the time is so that they can learn how to play with a little assistance in the most basic and balanced mafia set-up available and don't get lynched Day One for making some silly mistake or in some cases assuming that forum mafia plays the same as real life mafia.

Basically, it's for their own, and the game's good.  They get to learn how to play the game without getting eaten alive, and the games don't have an entire day wasted because someone playing their first game makes a ton of mistakes, eliminating any benefit that could have been gained from the lynch.

PPE: Aaaaand double ninjas all across the sky.

PPE X2 COMBO:
Yeah that occurred to me shortly after posting but I know that you're not supposed to edit posts in this section of the forum... Or is that ONLY in the games? Better safe than sorry.

I'd rather do a BM [Beginner's Mafia] before something more hard-core but currently they don't seem to be running. I just want to play the game. Try my hand so to speak. I'm willing to take whatever I can get.
It's only in games.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: August 17, 2012, 10:36:01 am »

Alright, I'll keep an eye on that. Thanks.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: August 17, 2012, 10:55:59 am »

I'd play Sorc App, despite SA3 being the single most rage-inducing game I've ever played.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: August 17, 2012, 11:23:08 am »

Holy shit, it's been one and a half years. O_O I still remember how I was in a hurry in QT and wrapped together some bullshit for my fakeclaim without waiting for IO... and how epically stupid vadia was... good times, good times.  :'(

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: August 17, 2012, 11:24:07 am »

I'd play Sorc App, despite SA3 being the single most rage-inducing game I've ever played.
Link?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: August 17, 2012, 11:37:23 am »

Sorc App 3- Follow this link if you want to read without spoilers.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: August 17, 2012, 11:48:19 am »

Uh... I totally spoiled the vital roles on the preivous page.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: August 27, 2012, 05:24:13 pm »

Ok, I think I'm going to go with a Bastard Supernatural game. I got a good inspiration for it.

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: August 27, 2012, 05:28:22 pm »

Brace for incoming Dariush squeeling.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: August 28, 2012, 04:08:59 am »

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: August 29, 2012, 05:08:32 pm »

After the BYOR is over, anyone mind if I try to run a game of Space Station 13 Mafia? Not looking for it to be anything too bastard-y.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: August 29, 2012, 07:00:53 pm »

I might try running a game sometime in the future, probably not something too soon though.
I've been going through a few ideas but I'm not too sure yet.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: August 29, 2012, 08:12:41 pm »

I thought I came up with a card based mafia game, but it turns out wasn't too great. But, I might have a better implementation through IRC.

Speaking of which, does anybody enjoy Liars Dice? I'd enjoy a few rounds if we can arrange a time.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: August 29, 2012, 08:42:55 pm »

I enjoy Liar's Dice.

For card based mafia I've always envisioned Bring Your Own Cards, whereby you can take a set of any 5 cards to provide yourself with your abilities.
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 444