Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Did this degenerate into alcohol thread?  (Read 13132 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Smart Drugs advice
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2009, 02:09:50 am »

A lot of people find it hard to believe that chocolate chip cookies help me fall asleep. If you think about it though, it's not so much the eating of it as it is the crash after the sugar and nigh negligible amounts of caffeine wear off.

buman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2009, 02:10:17 am »

Drink more water, seriously.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2009, 05:45:45 am »

...and then I disregarded my previous post and wrote this.
"Tusipec" in syrup and pills. Bronchitis medicine available at most pharmacies in that funny country you're living in, without prescription. Contains ephedrine. Popular among students, bodybuilders and idiots, who like to get high on whatever is available.
There. Now prove yourself being sensible and don't abuse it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephedrine

codezero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2009, 06:59:20 am »

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2009, 07:24:39 am »

Thanks to everyone for the answers!
But generally there's too much to do and going to sleep before 10 PM is very rewarding challenge, so how can I organise my time well?

And what about this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guarana

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2009, 07:46:59 am »

Let me see if I can answer this in the most cynical way possible.

Rooster, I believe you are searching for a miracle tonic or procedure that will make you more concentrated and alert, without sleeping much, and with no serious long or short term side effects.

What you are looking for does not exist.  There is no magic sleep schedule, or tropical plant, or secret brain drug.  If any of these things existed, everyone would be using them.  Lack of energy, focus, and sleeping time are problems everyone deals with their whole life.  Don't put your hopes in chemical dependency and mystic methods, or you'll just invent new problems for yourself without really solving the other ones.

In the end, and I don't mean to be snide, the only really effective cure is willpower.  Just do your best.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2009, 08:07:15 am »

If you're looking for mind-altering drugs to solve your problems, you're doing it wrong. Unless there's something really wrong with your mind, in which case you should be looking for professional help.

If you're looking for a panacea, they do not exist. There is no easy way.
In my day there was the ginseng hype, the guarana hype, and a lot more hypes, none of which actually did anything beyond the placebo effect. Most of us just used lots of coffee. Not that it helps, but now I'm just about worthless without it.

However, if you're looking for mind-altering drugs for recreational and experimental reasons, ask me again some time ;)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2009, 08:20:48 am »

Nutmeg is the only thing I'll take even if I'll decide to. Never something illegal or outright deadly  ;)
But Siquo do you know something I do not know perchance?

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2009, 08:33:41 am »

How would I know what you know? I have the opinion that the recreational and sparse use of drugs can be enlightening. I also know that I've seen and experienced quite enough, and I am done experimenting. If one needs advice on safe use, pm me, because it might go against forum guidelines (since most fun drugs are illegal in the US). There are, however, numerous websites with experience-stories and guidelines on the safe consumption of mind-altering drugs. The only real advice I can give you is to read up on something before you take it, and to do it with other people, so the last one to pass out can at least call an ambulance ;)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2009, 08:37:45 am »

Nutmeg is the only thing I'll take even if I'll decide to. Never something illegal or outright deadly  ;)
But Siquo do you know something I do not know perchance?

Nutmeg can be deadly.

Though it is definately the one thing that surprises me since honestly it is called "Nugmeg".

Also one thing people say makes you smarter is "Biofeedback" which I tried but found intollerable.

They basically put me in a chair and made beeping noises (Because I was amazing at it) all day. You couldn't do ANYTHING but look on a somewhat blank screen.

They say Biofeedback works but I am not sure it is so much because your training your brain... but because it takes soo many fonts of patience and concentration that anyone who would go through with it is pretty much either a paragon or braindead.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 08:51:30 am by Neonivek »

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2009, 09:07:29 am »

And what about this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guarana

I've done it. No better than coffee. Doesn't taste good in many drinks either. It's a bit like ginseng in that sense. I found ginseng to be completely worthless.. there's a lot of sick people taking it, and they're still sick.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2009, 12:54:17 pm »

Coffee also tastes horrible and smells even worse and makes (at least me) Nauseous just to be around it.
Your tastebuds will grow up one day.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2009, 01:24:53 pm »

No need to be insulting. Coffee CAN definitely be an acquired taste. It's bitter and a fair amount of people either dislike it, or like themselves because they've trained themselves to.

I think coffee smells good, personally, but rarely think it tastes good. Sometimes it does, I guess.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2009, 01:48:52 pm »

How I drink coffee when I drink it:
I make my coffee in water, then drink a sip and then refill what I drank with milk.
This way one cup of coffee equals about 2-3 litres of fluid.
And actually I like taste of it and hate mint (and keep in mind that a lot people like mint)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2009, 04:30:28 pm »

Wait, wouldn't that mean you're drinking a couple liters of milk at a time? I'm not sure that's highly recommendable.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11