Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cat wich drop refuse at stockpile (Rename: Animal of Burden)  (Read 2649 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cat wich drop refuse at stockpile (Rename: Animal of Burden)
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 04:52:41 pm »

Also, doesn't the cat-fix that's up on the DF wiki make them store vermin in stockpiles? I'm sure that's what all my cats do, since they're not leaving the bodies around.

I saw multiple rat remain and other vermin remains all around my fort and never saw the cat actually move them to efuse stockpile :(

Also the fix smiply allow them to carry the remain, from the wiki
Code: [Select]
VERMINHUNTER
A creature with this tag will hunt down vermin and kill them. Sometimes they will eat the vermin, but most of the time they will bring it to their owner. This tag also makes impossible to assign an owner to the animal. The animal chooses it's own owner instead (like a cat). If assigned to a playable race, members of that race will ONLY be able to eat vermin.
So actually the bring the vermin to the owner, if once at the owner they drop it down, wich can cause big trouble if they carry it a long time ( long enough to close on the rottent tag ) then drop it in a meeting zone before anybody pick it miasma, or drop it in the middle of my workshop area where everyone is busy.....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

project23

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 12:01:30 am »

I understand your want of an easy way to keep your DF clean, but this is how cats act. They hunt small creatures, kill them, and then bring them to their owner. It is just how cats act. When I used to live in the country and let my cat roam free he would bring me a dead bird or frog every once in a while. Sadly I live in the city now and he has been stuck inside. Now its the rare moth that gets in through an open window.

As far as a creature that would fill the role of cleaning dead vermin (cat offerings) from your DF... Maybe a trained chimp? But that is pretty weird and quite unusual. I don't recall any dwarf lore (here or otherwise) of interaction with trained chimps... Maybe it could be a job for children? (young ones who walk on their own, not the babies that mothers carry with them). I know children do not work, but maybe this could be a special chore for children?

For example

[VERMIN_CLEANING]
   A special type of refuse cleaning job that only children can perform and only for vermin remains. INSIDE ONLY regardless of Options settings.

*shrug* Just throwing around silly ideas.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 12:50:59 am »

Its part of a bigguer plant for a mod i had in my mind, Druid civ and we all know druid always work closely with pets.Somewhat slower to train and move well slower bottom line. They could use various wildlife to help them in various task such as hauling wood the woodcutter has cut from afar, carry bodies around to a refuse stockpile for the butcher and so on.
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
  • ERROR - LOGICAL FALLACY
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 06:24:54 am »

In one fort I kept a few dwarves with no jobs but cleaning (or maybe refuse hauling) to pick up after the cats.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2009, 09:10:59 am »

It's "refuse hauling". You'd need a few if you don't want clouds of miasma in your fortress.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 02:30:47 pm »

I know its refuse hauling, cleaning is supposed to clean up vomit on ground inside fortress and blood splatter well thats from the wiki at least. My fort "was" pretty large i gave up afterplaying 3 day with only 11 fps....

Danarca

• Bay Watcher
  • [MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 02:51:07 pm »

I know its refuse hauling, cleaning is supposed to clean up vomit on ground inside fortress and blood splatter well thats from the wiki at least. My fort "was" pretty large i gave up afterplaying 3 day with only 11 fps....
Really?
The only thing I've seen anyone clean are bolt debris at archery ranges O_o
Clutter god the god of godly gods.
Om Nom nom nom nom
Ah yes the god of stone stockpiles, long randomly generated names, and gods.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2009, 01:05:44 am »

Also, doesn't the cat-fix that's up on the DF wiki make them store vermin in stockpiles?
No, it just allows them to carry things around. Cats won't drag anything anywhere if it's not a corpse which they drag to show their master.

Ok, I just confirmed that my cats are indeed hauling vermin remains to my stockpiles.

Data: they have owners, the stockpiles in question only accept remains and broken items, and my cat fix is slightly different to the wiki's:

[BODY:CAT_MOUTH]
[BP:MOUTH:mouth][CONTYPE:HEAD][MOUTH][SMALL][EMBEDDED][APERTURE][GRASP]
[BP:TONGUE:tongue][CONTYPE:MOUTH][SMALL][EMBEDDED][INTERNAL]
[BP:JAW:jaw][CONTYPE:HEAD][SMALL][SKELETON]

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2009, 12:56:06 pm »

Really?
The only thing I've seen anyone clean are bolt debris at archery ranges O_o

I can confirm, I have seen them clean blood off walls when the kobolds get into my finished goods stockpile rooms.
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.
Pages: 1 [2]