Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Cat wich drop refuse at stockpile (Rename: Animal of Burden)  (Read 2650 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cat wich drop refuse at stockpile (Rename: Animal of Burden)
« on: November 11, 2009, 01:10:26 pm »

Is it possible in any way to get the cat drop the catch in stockpile instead of random place, or could i set another animal to do it? Like dog i dont know
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 12:00:52 am by jocan2003 »
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
Re: Cat wich drop refuse at stockpile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 02:03:38 pm »

Cats actually do that right now, if I recall correctly. They spam cancellation messages, but still deliver it regardless.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 02:06:52 pm »

I dont think because i keep getting rotten corpse all over the fort, they simply bring it back to their master right now and more often than not simply drop it at master feet and leave it there,

"Hey dwarf are you proud? i got a rat here, now clean it for me!. Damn cats....
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 02:15:50 pm »

question... Do you have a refuse stockpile? Do you have "dwarves collect refuse" on in your options?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 02:22:40 pm »

Yes i do but they are soo busy right now they get refuse only after they release the first miasma hehe XD and its also toward my new mod im making for myself with animals helping dwarf.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 11:00:34 pm »

I guess nobody know how to add labor to pets...

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2009, 11:03:47 pm »

[CAN_LEARN].

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2009, 11:42:05 pm »

They will earn experience but how can i set them to hal refuse to stockpile. Somewhere in civ file there is a bunch of Can_farm Can_Dig etc but i dont think we can simply add that to the cat

ArkDelgato

• Bay Watcher
  • ERROR - LOGICAL FALLACY
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 11:46:21 pm »

Make cats like other pets, where they have to be adopted?
They only want to bring it to the master because they have a master.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 12:00:11 am »

Its the Vermin_Hunter tag that make them hunt and also by the same time make them adopt dwarf and not the other way around.... So if i make them pet they wont hunt anymore.

Alright let forget about cat my real goal is to make a new creature , what would i have to do to make them do some hauling job, like refuse hauling specific creature, what tag am i looking for? I.E.: Making a gorilla who will haul item and stone around. Another one bird like who will bring corpse to refuse?

***Edit*** Im not asking anybody to do it for me, just asking what tag and general direction i have to look.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cat wich drop refuse at stockpile (Rename: Animal of Burden)
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 12:03:00 am »

[CAN_LEARN], as I said. If that doesn't work on its own, try [CAN_SPEAK] as well, although that'll force them to eat and drink (water, not alcohol). This whole issue is a bit buggy at the moment, and probably wasn't meant to be in the first place.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 03:49:20 am »

Well, you can cancel that out with [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK]. My permaburning magma-dwelling dwarves with low combust points never eat or drink, but they sure like to make delicious goblin barbeques regardless.

Also, doesn't the cat-fix that's up on the DF wiki make them store vermin in stockpiles? I'm sure that's what all my cats do, since they're not leaving the bodies around.

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 04:11:03 am »

magma-dwelling dwarves

Elaborate, please.  ;D
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2009, 03:48:44 pm »

Iirc, I added all the relevant tags from fire imps -
[FIREIMMUNE], [FIREBREATH], [MAGMA_VISION], [NO_BREATHE], [NO_DRINK], [NO_EAT], [SWIMS_INNATE]
and changed the HEATDAM_POINT and COLD_DAM point so they got hurt if they went outside and could stand magma. But a low IGNITE_POINT, so they were burning all the time.
They still won't swim through z-levels in magma properly (it's that 3d tracking thing) but they'll path through it if it's shallow.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2009, 04:03:48 pm »

Also, doesn't the cat-fix that's up on the DF wiki make them store vermin in stockpiles?
No, it just allows them to carry things around. Cats won't drag anything anywhere if it's not a corpse which they drag to show their master.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: [1] 2