Poll

Reveal Mechanic? (vote in thread)

Reveal (cannot run again)
- 0 (0%)
Hide (can run again)
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14

Author Topic: Ill Met By Moonlight Mafia:(BastardMaybeMod) Day 2: Game Over!  (Read 37357 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Ill Met By Moonlight Mafia:(BastardMaybeMod) Day 1- Poor Mr. Pownsterson.
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2009, 09:58:11 pm »

Thats not fair. Other people arent really contributing.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2009, 10:04:02 pm »

Well, Neruz is the only other person who hasn't contributed anything useful.

But seriously, tell me why you don't "believe in the power of italics"?
...especially since they have real effects.
Which I've seen, and I subtly claimed such before you posted.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2009, 10:20:09 pm »

The bold statement by Org does not, in fact, change his power. ::)

Votes
RedWarrior0[2]-Pandarsenic, Zai
Apostolic Nihilist[1]RedWarrior0
Org[1]Apostolic Nihilist
Boksi[1]-Neruz
Neruz[1]Errol
Errol[1]Vector
Vector
Pandarsenic
Zai
Bring up any errors.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 10:23:07 pm by CobaltKobold »
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2009, 10:54:40 pm »

Thats not fair. Other people arent really contributing.

That's like an obviously obese person that likes to make excuses saying, "That's not fair! Other people eat food too!" when someone tells them they should lessen the amount of food they eat.

Thinly veiled analogy is thinly veiled.

RW0, what was that information AN let loose?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2009, 02:39:41 am »

Neruz, with interesting I mean anything that would give us more hints. Perhaps even flavortext. Unvote.

Zai, why did you jump on a bandwagon?
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2009, 02:41:17 am »

Hmm. I wonder if I should policylynch on italics. Oh well.

Neruz, please do something interesting.

Neruz, with interesting I mean anything that would give us more hints. Perhaps even flavortext. Unvote.

Scumbucket.  You're looking for excuses to get random people lynched and vote-flopping.  Go die in the river.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2009, 05:35:08 am »

I'll be blunt Errol; at the moment this game has me at a loss.

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2009, 12:04:20 pm »

Well AN, my logic was simple: Silver is super-effective against werewolves. Therefore, get as much silver as possible and try to make some weapons if we can. Seems like we can't, unfortunately, but oh well. It was worth a try. It's not my fault the GM is railroading us.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2009, 01:47:21 pm »

Hmm. I wonder if I should policylynch on italics. Oh well.

Neruz, please do something interesting.

Scumbucket.  You're looking for excuses to get random people lynched and vote-flopping.  Go die in the river.

I'm at a loss just like you. I don't know what's going on, anything might happen, and I have no good feeling about the italics in my role pm. I voted Neruz as a randomvote, and Zai because it appears he bandwagons. Which might be skewed perspective on my part.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2009, 02:07:11 pm »

I'm at a loss just like you. I don't know what's going on, anything might happen, and I have no good feeling about the italics in my role pm. I voted Neruz as a randomvote, and Zai because it appears he bandwagons. Which might be skewed perspective on my part.

I never said I was at a loss, so stop with the buddying and start with the scum-hunting.  I will also note here that I didn't ask why you voted anyone... so now you're overreacting.

Yer scum, doodabuddy.  Scum enough to fill a bucket or five.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 08, 2009, 02:41:13 pm »

Errol: I reread your statement and mine, and as such I retract the charge of overreaction.  I will submit here, however, that you still look like scum to me, and I would like to know why you believe that policy-lynching italics thanks to odd italics appearing in your role PM is a good idea.

Experimentation time.

Vector fetches his ironwood club from beneath the bar, holding his back as he bends.  His sallow face is pockmarked and lined.  He is young but he moves like an old man, clinging to furniture.  He has a palsy in his hands and the corner of his narrow mouth, though he can still serve up ale and mead all right.  There's a blessing and an irony in it, and he doesn't question his luck.  He needs every boon he can curry.

"Wench," he says to the girl he hired two moons ago.  She sleeps soundly by the fire, secure in her youth, apple-cheeked and pleasantly plump.  "Thou.  Chit!  Zounds, wilt thou sleep all day?  Thou art worth not even a ha'penny!"

"My name is Lettie, as you know," she says, eyes still half-closed by sleep.  "What is it, Aureliusz?"

Her pronunciation is poor, and he winces.

"Today thou run... runnest? about town until day's end.  Tell any wandering people thou might see that wolves run about, and that the beds here are clean and safe with few louses."

"Wolves?" she says.  "I dreamed of some sort of large gray animal, whose steps shook the earth... it had a very long nose, like a beast from the land of faerie.  Would it not be amusing to see such a creature?"

"Yes, yes, amusing as pox," he says.  "Now get out."

"As you wish," she says, unfolding herself.  She unbars the heavy door and sashays out, thick brown curls bouncing.

"Dlaczego tak przeklina?" Vector mutters.  He misses his old country, its snows, the people, their graves.  No, it will do no good for him to remember.  He is here now, and there are beasts in the forest.  Something must be done.

1. Apologies to Dakarian
2. Apologies to anyone who actually speaks Polish for any horrors wrought by Google Translator
3. Apologies to those who were actually expecting slang from the correct time period--best I can get is 1600s or so without spending hours looking for proper insults.  Unfortunately, the best historical placement I could get was the late middle ages in general T_T  Oh, well...

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 08, 2009, 03:21:15 pm »

(Close enough. Words need not be in Middle English, or spelling would be horrifically inconsistent, and I'd say, "Rede že boke". Periodicity is really more a matter of "no gunpowder no steam")

Aurelius Vector had the forethought to bring his club from the tavern to the meeting at the crossroads. This unenclosed space makes him a little nervous though- he likes to have a wall to back on. Hard to sneak up through walls. Safe as houses, walls.

(..."Why is cursing"?)
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Errol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 08, 2009, 03:40:32 pm »

That has no relation. I just read KWM:Dakarian Edition.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 08, 2009, 04:35:58 pm »

Aureliusz Vector looks nervously over his shoulder.  He has seen starvation, plague, massacre.  Everyone he has ever loved lies buried far away in the chilly bowels of the earth.  He has little left to live for--just the weak flicker of hope that life will improve, that some day he will have good reason to continue.  He lives in that flicker twixt light and darkness, and has lost all attachment to or terror of either extreme.  He is a dead man who hopes and wonders and prays.

Despite all this, he fears the wolves.

Apologies to Joseph Conrad.  Probably also to Victor Hugo.

(Close enough. Words need not be in Middle English, or spelling would be horrifically inconsistent, and I'd say, "Rede že boke". Periodicity is really more a matter of "no gunpowder no steam")

(..."Why is cursing"?)

"Why am I so cursed?"  Ahhh, what a whiner...

Yeah, Google Translator is special.  I figured I might as well give myself a first name this time around, especially since "Vektor" sounds like it could be vaguely Polish.  If you really, really tried to make it sound Polish.  And... come on... who can deny the attractiveness of the sound sz?  Or vaguely symbolic first names.  No, it was irresistible. 

I thank you for not making me use eš and žorn, because seriously... hurgh.  I think, though, that it would be "rede še boke," given that eš is the voiced form of the fricative?

[/linguistic snobbery]

Errol, I don't like the coincidence.  I also don't like the fact that you're bringing that up as an afterthought, as though a scumbuddy told you that you've got a good excuse.  Why not bring that up earlier, when I showed you the two posts together and how bad they looked?  Why mention your purported reasons for voting, rather than address my actual statement... and suddenly come up to answer it now?  No, I don't like it at all.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 08, 2009, 04:38:18 pm »

IM going to say this now. I dont like this game. Its getting too much like KWN Dak Edi
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14