Poll

Reveal Mechanic? (vote in thread)

Reveal (cannot run again)
- 0 (0%)
Hide (can run again)
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Ill Met By Moonlight Mafia:(BastardMaybeMod) Day 2: Game Over!  (Read 37335 times)

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: Ill Met By Moonlight Mafia:(BastardMaybeMod) Day 1- Poor Mr. Pownsterson.
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2009, 06:10:57 pm »

Zai... where, precisely, did he say anything about the third vote scumtell?  The second vote can also be a bandwagon vote, no?

No.

1) As I said in point 1, my second vote had been made long before he had switched his vote to me without getting a satisfactory response from the person he had been voting for. He made a good number of posts in between the time I voted RW0 and the time he voted me for "bandwagoning". So either he's just blind, or he's a fucking dumbass as scum.

2) 2 people voting the same person is not really bandwagoning. Buddying with the first voter, maybe. Bandwagoning, not some much.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: Ill Met By Moonlight Mafia:(BastardMaybeMod) Day 1- Poor Mr. Pownsterson.
« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2009, 06:16:41 pm »

Let me say that a little louder as I am charitable and it could have been missed.

TWILIGHT.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ill Met By Moonlight Mafia:(BastardMaybeMod) Night 1: One replcement needed.
« Reply #122 on: December 08, 2009, 06:27:17 pm »

Doublechecked. No errors are present- if they were, they were in the previous votecount and nobody protested.

By the thin margin of one, Errol is decided as the first to test the noose. Protesting innocence does nothing as you mob him and fit the rope around his neck, then kick out the support from beneath Errol's feet. He claws at the noose, trying to escape. However, the only escape Errol has is the afterlife.

You watch the body for a while, but it is apparent once he becomes still that nothing is happening.  Turns out he was a simple peasant.

You light torches and part for now, heading for the hoped safety of your beds, in your respective near-empty villages...

Errol, a vanilla townsperson, has been lynched!
It is now night. Night roles will need to send in their choices in by 24 hours from this edit, 1700 US Mountain Time. Day will begin when either occurs.

Leaving unlocked in case of someone wnting to replace. Do not post during the night (unless, obviously, you're asking to replace).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 07:05:46 pm by CobaltKobold »
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ill Met By Moonlight Mafia:(BastardMaybeMod) Day 2:Ham. 1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #123 on: December 08, 2009, 10:23:12 pm »

Morning comes all too early, it seems. You gather at the crossroads to resume your deadly work, and...it seems that Org, eviscerated by cruel jaws, has been left there overnight, another innocent peasant. You cut down Errol's body, and bury the two as well as can be quickly managed.

Org, Vanilla Townsperson, has died in the night.

It is now the morning of Day 2.

Alive: Vector, Pandarsenic, Boksi, Neruz, RedWarrior0(requested replacing), Apostolic Nihilist, Zai
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ill Met By Moonlight Mafia:(BastardMaybeMod) Day 2- 1 REPLACEMENT NEEDED
« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2009, 10:30:52 pm »

Pandarsenic, you've been suspiciously lurky in this game.  Your posts are virtually information-free.  You have three posts pertaining to the actual game, and one of them is just a WIFOM-spreader:

Does that mean the scum can recruit? When would this action take place, if they could recruit?

Do they start with one or more?

ARGHHH

I'm fairly certain that you're scum, but I'll ask you this:

Who do you consider suspicious right now?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2009, 10:36:38 pm »

Apologies regarding the deceased. Not Org too much, though. Scum seems merciful by killing him.

More from me tomorrow. Just felt that was necessary to say.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 08, 2009, 11:01:24 pm »

You assume scum killed him, and indeed it is a possibility, but here's what I immediately thought when I saw that:

I assumed Vector had killed him. Yesterday I also assumed that Vector had changed into a vigilante through the usage of flavor text; or at the very least gained a one-shot kill.
"Vector had the forethought to bring his club from the tavern to the meeting at the crossroads."

Of course, the above theory has little merit, so I don't suggest you take it seriously. It's an idea I entertained, and that is all.

Now, if we disregard the possibility of Vector actually being a vig, then it seems likely that scum tried to frame him. At first glance it seems as though Vector is scum: He pushed the lynch on Errol (and it went through!) and to seal the deal, Org wound up dead (who was coincidentally voting him). Perhaps it's just from bad vibes I'm getting from the earlier spat between them.

...but I don't think he is. Everything points to him, yeah, but I don't think Vector is ballsy enough to do that. He's analytical enough to know that this puts a bunch of suspicion on him, and as scum that's not something he should want.

Even though I've voiced my opinion, I'd like to hear your's, Vector.
And please do use flavor text more, too. I'd be interested to see it's effects on you. Do tell what you think of Org's demise, too. I pose you an important question: If you had gained a vigilante-esque role, would you have used it on Org last night?

Apostolic Nihilist hadn't dare sleep through the night; the image of Errol's lifeless body dangling, silhouetted against the evening sun had haunted him. By the time morning came, his nerves were at their limit. Dark, sunken eyes with nary a flicker of life, he hauled himself to the crossroads in time for the scheduled meet.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 08, 2009, 11:28:33 pm »

Neruz rocks backwards and forwards on his chair, one beady eye staring out vigilantly from a forest of hair, trusty crossbow cradled in his aged but fit arms. He can see everyone crowding around the slaughtered corpse of Org, some look appalled, others seem only nonplussed.

"Harh. All he deserved."

Pandarsenic my dear; your WIFOM troubles me. Take part in this game or get off my lawn.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 08, 2009, 11:43:54 pm »

All right.  I will state here that I have gained absolutely no flavortext advantages whatsoever (as far as I know).  As in, no images of Alpha Werewolves, nothing, not even information--outside of one PM telling me my I can't have a shotgun because we're in the Dark Ages.  I'm not a vig, either.  I have no idea what I can do with my cudgel, or whether smashing someone with it in flavortext would have any effect whatsoever.

In other words, all of my experimentation has been entirely fruitless.  All I know is that there is a certain thing we should not discuss if we want the day to keep going.

Now, to answer your questions:

I doubt that I'm being framed.  I think Pandarsenic (or somebody else, though Pandarsenic's out-of-game behavior fits the bill) is pissed enough at Org to forcibly kick him out of the game, even though it's something of a waste.

The thing is, I think everyone here knows my scumplay well enough to realize that I don't care that much about the likes of Org voting me.  I'm capable of running him over by force of personality... so if I were scum, I'd take you out as my top priority.  Org just isn't dangerous to anyone (yes, I know I was terrified of him in KWN:DE, but that was because I thought he was my secret Achilles Heel).  If the scum/whoever is relying on my getting lynched based on other people thinking I'd be afraid of Org's vote, then they're insane.

To address the "lynch I pushed," it involved only two people attacking Errol for entirely different reasons, and at the end of D1 the voters in question had started to bicker with each other over whether they were justified in the lynch.  That's... well, that's not a very well-pushed lynch, especially in view of day-end happening right in the middle of it.

If framing is happening, I don't think the kill was picked solely to frame me (given the above reasons.  I think it was picked because it theoretically conferred some other advantages to some player.

Basically, this entire thing stinks of Pandarsenic.  It's covered in WIFOM (his signature), gets rid of a player he dislikes, and subtly frames a reasonably strong player all in the same move.  I hadn't noticed the framing aspect at the time of my first post, but it all fits.

As for your question about Org, that's a tough one.  Had I been granted one-shot vig powers, I'd save it until Lylo to give the town a final chance; if it were permanent, I really don't think I'd use it N1, either.  I don't like killing people without giving them a chance to fight back, and at the beginning of the night I really had no idea as to whom I should push next.

The truth is that I'd only vig Org if I strongly thought he were scum and didn't have any better leads.  I don't believe in policy kills, especially in games this small.  We just don't have the time to waste on screwing around with people who piss us off, and he didn't look like scum to me at the time (hence the lack of voting or telling him he was scummy).

Also, Boksi, get the hell out here.  Don't lurk your way through this.

More flavortext later; it takes me a long time, and I have a lovely document on Riemann Integration to study :3

I will also address your linguistic concerns later, CK.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2009, 11:48:10 pm »

Vector has suddenly noticed that Boksi actually posted more than once yesterday!

It seems that he was entirely deluded >_>

So yeah, please ignore my shout-out.  That was misguided.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 09, 2009, 12:08:12 am »

That howl again. You'd think they were trying to scare you.
Is it noon already? It is! When'd that happen?
Vote Tally
Pandarsenic[2]: Vector, Neruz
Vector[1]: Pandarsenic
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 09, 2009, 12:26:41 am »

GODDAMMIT

Sorry, guys.  I'll try to figure out how to refer to that sort of thing differently so we can stop being burdened by the damnable curfew.

My guess is that today we've got only 4 howls available, given that our hammer-number is 4.  So let's use them wisely.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 09, 2009, 12:43:06 am »

Hee hee.
Tilesets

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 09, 2009, 12:48:18 am »

The question is this, Vector: Who is dumb enough to kill Org? I mean really? I learned my lesson the last time I killed Org - when I got you to lynch a confirmed townie.

Heehee.

But yeah, RedWarrior0 is out I'm pretty sure, Neruz why are you even voting me, Neruz is trying to get in before the bandwagon forms, Zai is giving me weird vibes but nothing definite, (though that's usually how I describe my hunches about scum, which are usually right.

However, Neruz is looking very odd to me now for reasons I CAN name, such as that he's piggybacking off of Vector to try to get on me before third vote.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 09, 2009, 12:57:07 am »

Actually i just agreed with Vector that you've been lurking a bit, and your only real contribution was some WIFOM.

Not exactly positive.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14