Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: This sounds strange but...  (Read 28242 times)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
Re: This sounds strange but...
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2009, 09:14:52 am »

shoot her.

I dont think you've fully grasped the concept of this conversation yet
The more people you shoot, the less you will have to worry about social interaction.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2009, 09:15:39 am »

Ok, I asked a friend of hers yesterday. She said that she had the giggles.(a term used in America as well?) it took her a long time for her to reply though, not long until I am away from any computer so I not have another chance until the return of school next week. Thanks for you help guys
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2009, 10:56:31 am »

I'm no rocket surgeon, but 'the giggles' is not an actual disease.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2009, 01:40:14 pm »

Ok, I asked a friend of hers yesterday. She said that she had the giggles.(a term used in America as well?) it took her a long time for her to reply though, not long until I am away from any computer so I not have another chance until the return of school next week. Thanks for you help guys

Yeah.  I'd take the long response time as "manufacturing a response that does not incriminate Girl X, but also does not look too ridiculous."

Basically, you've got just as little information as you did before, other than the fact that you know Girl X wants to hide her reasoning (Or at least Friend of Girl X thinks she does).
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2009, 03:10:22 pm »

It's only present in girls 16 years old or younger.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2009, 04:44:17 pm »

Don't assume anything.  Maybe she was distracted.  Keep all options open.

The most important thing:  This will almost certainly not be the person you marry.  I know, because I see the threads of time.
Shoes...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2009, 05:23:58 pm »

It's only present in girls 16 years old or younger.

I and my grade level are 14-15. I've yet to see people quarantined for Giggleitus, and there are no gasmasked doctors ruining punchlines or banning comedy. I do believe that they have some obscure/stupid reason to be laughing at you, and are just too polite/malicius to point it out.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2009, 06:06:35 pm »

I and my grade level are 14-15. I've yet to see people quarantined for Giggleitus, and there are no gasmasked doctors ruining punchlines or banning comedy. I do believe that they have some obscure/stupid reason to be laughing at you, and are just too polite/malicius to point it out.

It's not a viral disease, it's a hormonal/psychological condition, but it is still highly contagious. You're more likely to see people running around with tazers and orange vests that say "FUN POLICE."

Although I admit that I have been known to giggle like a 13 year old girl at times.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2009, 09:22:52 am »

"The Giggles" is an english colloquial name for when a person is laughing uncontrollably. It usually manifests in girls.

Also, I have nothing else to add. Relationships escape me.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2009, 11:48:30 am »

She doesn't like you. She's probably laughing at you. Be a man and handle it and while you're at it, examine yourself to make sure you aren't actually worth laughing at. If you are, then fix it. You'll eventually get some ass.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2009, 12:11:08 pm »

She probably isn't into you, but she could be. Only way to know for sure is to go and ask her. Being direct tells her you're self-confident, and women love self-confidence.

Chances are high that you'll end up hurt and embarrassed. But this is normal, and happens to most men most of the time. If you never take chances, you'll never succeed, and you *will* succeed eventually if you keep trying (not with the same girl, mind you). So start early and build up some mental armour that'll help you handle rejection throughout your life. When you end up with an awesome girlfriend, you'll realize all those rejections you had to go through to get there were worth it.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2009, 07:34:11 pm »

(not with the same girl, mind you).

Moi importanto. Don't be a creepy stalker 'why dont you loooooveee mmeeeee?!!!!' guy is a surefire way to fail at life.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2009, 08:03:54 pm »

^Ditto.

You'll at the very least get a good reputation with the rest of the ladies for being to the point, sincere, and honest.

And a good reputation is the key.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2009, 08:42:29 pm »

Now, you can take my advice with a grain of salt, but I say play dumb.  If she laughs again, just chuckle and ask what's so funny.  Don't imply that you think she likes her.
Shoes...

goatunit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2009, 01:45:01 pm »

1) Don't listen to people who tell you not to take yourself and your romantic concerns seriously at your age. You will never love again like you love when you're a teenager, and you are going to spend most of your twenties trying to recapture those emotions.

2) At some point in his life, the earlier the better, a man needs to just ask a woman out and be rejected. The reason being that everyone has to see for himself that it actually isn't that painful an experience. What's painful is being in your situation, where you don't know what's going on and are forced to agonize over it. Asking girls out can be difficult for a lot of guys, but it's a liberating experience, regardless of what they say.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20