Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: This sounds strange but...  (Read 28254 times)

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: This sounds strange but...
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2009, 02:28:53 pm »

1) Don't listen to people who tell you not to take yourself and your romantic concerns seriously at your age. You will never love again like you love when you're a teenager, and you are going to spend most of your twenties trying to recapture those emotions.

That hasn't really been my experience.  There isn't quite the same sense of discovery, but there's also so much less bullshit angst muddying the emotional waters.  Maybe I'll feel different in a couple years, but I'm not worried.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2009, 05:16:17 pm »

Ok, I know have I have neglected this thread but I have some updates to the Story. Ok, some background info first. I would like to say, I am not too ugly, I am somewhat loved by the people of my Year.

Today, the same thing happened again. I took no notice to begin with, but it happened in the same order, Giggling followed by hushed muttering. I feel that if it were a joke, it would have worn off, no? So, a conversation occurred between a group of use, about eight in total. After a exchange in within the group between me and her, I decided to approach her in a friendly manner, to maybe start another, different, conversation. Then the strangest thing happened, as I approached, she panicked, and picked up a diminutive Mutual Friend and attempted, with much difficulty, to hide behind her body; as if scared

Please, can anybody help me out here?
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2009, 05:17:57 pm »

She either fears you, or more likely, she likes you. (She may have feared you were going to reject her.)

ASK HER OUT. UNLESS YOU DON'T LIKE HER.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2009, 05:20:17 pm »

Trust me Jakkarra I would, Dear God I would. There is our Leavers Ball coming up in May as well...
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2009, 05:23:43 pm »

I wouldn't think she fears me either, I am not terribly aggressive. And for my appearance, http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1406575088&ref=profile See for your self

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2009, 05:26:16 pm »

Conclusion: She likes you.
Really, there are two worst case scenarios:
-Either you approach her, and you were wrong, and get stepped upon and mocked. Hard. For the rest of the school-year.
-Or you don't and find out much later she really had the hots for you, but you were too scared to do anything, and now she's REALLY hot, and you're... not.

Now think about which of these two you are going to regret more.

Then do the same balancing with the best case scenarios of either approach or retreat.

For a real result, approach her when her friends are not in earshot. People act a lot differently if they know they don't have to keep up an appearance.

YMMV ;)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2009, 05:30:11 pm »

Siquo, prepare to get a lot more prayers for I have constructed an Altar for you in my Room. You like Children sacrificed right?

Or you don't and find out much later she really had the hots for you, but you were too scared to do anything, and now she's REALLY hot, and you're... not.

Oh this peice of knowledge is really, really Tempting. I have no idea how to even.. begin...

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2009, 05:34:32 pm »

There is NOTHING bad that could reasonablycome from attempting to ask her out.

If she says no, simply say "Righto, i still need a date" or something that makes you sound nonchalant.

Obviously without my English accented leaning.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2009, 05:38:38 pm »

Ok, this week, advances will begin. Hopefully. Her and her friends are only around at Lunch time after something silly like with quarter of an hour to go. She is not in any of my lessons. It'd seem very strange if I was to Stalker her down to her where ever she is the rest of Lunchtime. Oh dear, this is gonna be even more harder than I thought.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2009, 06:40:47 pm »

Not that hard. She knows yo, you know her, so that doesn't make it too weird.

I have met a girl and believe me she is the most beautifull girl in whole school.
I've met her by accident. We were just happening to do something together, and now I say hi to her whenever I see her. And even if it were strange and even seemed to just embarass me and nothing else, I could carry on a conversation with no problems. Wanna play some drama?

Look like you're just passing by, than "by accident" notice her and say politely and cheerfully "hi" or "hello". Nothing weird in that. She panics? No biggie there. If she doesn't, then believe me that small talk is not that hard. Take that from a high school freshman.

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2009, 12:13:57 pm »

Ok, What happened to day was quite strange. "Normal" Activity insude to begin with though it petered out as the Lunchbreak wore on. I have begun Socail activity proper with Her.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2009, 12:49:48 pm »

Apparently attempting to converse about music is a good ice breaker.
Unless you are me. Not everybody likes deeply confusing prog rock, weird avant-garde rock and blues, depressing gothic country, crushingly heavy metal and whatever Tom Waits is.
Everyone seems to like nu-metal and emo garbage or whatever fleeting pop artist happens to be near the top of the charts.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2009, 01:17:24 pm »

This thread makes me think less of America. Are your children really such evil gits? Seriously anyone trying some of that shit in my old school would have quickly alienated themselves from everyone. I'm not saying we all got along and everything but we did have boundaries and people who didn't like each other just didn't meet each other which was fairly easy since everyone had their own place where they hung out.

Unless you are me. Not everybody likes deeply confusing prog rock, weird avant-garde rock and blues, depressing gothic country, crushingly heavy metal and whatever Tom Waits is.
Everyone seems to like nu-metal and emo garbage or whatever fleeting pop artist happens to be near the top of the charts.
My knowledge of music flounders outside of "funny" stuff. As in vaguely amusing, like most of JoCo's stuff, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, the monster mash etc.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2009, 01:22:59 pm »

This thread makes me think less of America. Are your children really such evil gits? Seriously anyone trying some of that shit in my old school would have quickly alienated themselves from everyone. I'm not saying we all got along and everything but we did have boundaries and people who didn't like each other just didn't meet each other which was fairly easy since everyone had their own place where they hung out.
I know what you mean. I read stuff about American schools and I honestly didn't think it was actually true until recently. Secondary school and 6th form over here is a fairly friendly place, and people who act as viciously and unpleasantly to other people as students apparently do on the other side of the pond. If people act like that they tend to be a tiny group  of complete outcasts who hate everyone for fun.

My knowledge of music flounders outside of "funny" stuff. As in vaguely amusing, like most of JoCo's stuff, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, the monster mash etc.
I used to be like that until I met a stoned, boozy guy last year. He has one of the most varied and eclectic tastes in music I know of.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2009, 01:42:29 pm »

Yes, American children are incredibly evil.  It doesn't help that the school system is bad at controlling them, and parents feel like they can't reprimand their children's friends for horrible behavior (because then the parents would get angry that someone is "mistreating their little angel").
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20