Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Signs you may be a boring person  (Read 13611 times)

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
Re: Signs you may be a boring person
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 02:01:13 pm »

I fall under 5, I guess. People say I'm a know it all, though I don't try to be. I just stay out of other people's way. Only one person ever asks me for advice, and he's three years older than me and in college.

I don't like making people feel bad about themselves, but just being there makes them feel bad. I try and act clumsy and absent-minded just so they leave me alone.
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 02:01:28 pm »

Heh, terrorists are ego freaks with no real friends.  We should pity.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 03:28:11 pm »

I do all of these except conspiracies...
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2009, 04:24:47 pm »

You didn't put in "posts/talks too much."
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2009, 04:40:13 pm »

You didn't put in "posts/talks too much."
How does that make you a boring person?

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 04:55:29 pm »

Because people like that try to cover their lack of interestingness with an overdose of talktativeness? Or because it makes it all the more obvious that you have absolutely nothing to say yet are still in denial over that.

Also: Point 5 ftw :)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 05:00:38 pm »

Because people like that try to cover their lack of interestingness with an overdose of talktativeness? Or because it makes it all the more obvious that you have absolutely nothing to say yet are still in denial over that.

Also: Point 5 ftw :)
It sounds like a variant of point 5 doesn't it? They probably aren't boring because they talk alot, but what they talk about has no substance? Good point. Lots of people like that (my tenants come to mind...).

There are a lot of people who never stop talking yet are endlessly entertaining. Mr. Chi City comes to mind here. Also, my advanced corporate finance lecturer. A lot of stand-up comedians. *coughcoughmyselfcough*

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2009, 05:25:45 pm »

people who talk without making you think or feel.

You know, like professors who ramble on and on, like history is filled with bullet points and events that "happened, but didn't have a cause or effect". If they talk too long, it's not a matter of "if" you go to sleep; but rather, how long you can stay awake.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2009, 01:07:29 am »

I hate the unpolitically-correct people just as much as I hate political-correctness. You know the type.. the ones who make sex-related jokes when completely inappropriate. Dirty jokes are fine with a group of friends, just don't do it in front of a conservative person you don't know.

Heh, the B12 forums are full of know-it-alls. That's what I dislike most about this place. I think it's why so many people are into theoretical physics, it's because it's easy to ramble and show off, but you can't be corrected because even the experts don't really know the answers.

They're cool when they say something interesting I don't know, but talk without substance is really annoying. I had this one lecturer who used to say things like "The proof for A = -B is if we take A and make it into a, then we take B as b, and then we take all the parts of a and b, and b of a is the negative of a, so that proves that a is the negative of b and A is -B." :(
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2009, 01:21:30 am »

Obvious Stupidity seems to be also prevalent in 7.

What about people who are actually boring? who don't ever talk?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2009, 02:11:44 am »

I hate the unpolitically-correct people just as much as I hate political-correctness. You know the type.. the ones who make sex-related jokes when completely inappropriate. Dirty jokes are fine with a group of friends, just don't do it in front of a conservative person you don't know.

Those people are generally just garden-variety creeps or social inepts.  The other facet of being outspokenly anti-PC is much worse -- think Carlos Mencia.

And yeah, I'm a complete know-it-all, although I like to think I gravitate toward its more positive aspects.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2009, 02:32:56 am »

Those who actually know stuff, and just flaunt it too much?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2009, 02:45:01 am »

The politically incorrect are generally not boring though. Just very awkward to be around at times. It's kinda like having a racist grandfather. He may be completely off his rocker, but he's still entertaining.

The politically correct generally are the opposite. Sane, but incredulously boring.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2009, 06:42:51 am »

I had a politically correct buddy who spoke perfect English. No slang, not even any contractions. He was very entertaining because he sort of being sarcastic about it.

I dunno, the politically incorrect sort of make me twitch. I think it's because I can't get into a conversation with them. How do you converse with a girl who talks about her STDs or the color of her poop? I put them near the same category as conspiracy theorists and (anti)religious fanatics.. you just can't talk to them about anything before they start babbling.

Oh, and there's the people who are always bored:
"Hey guys, I'm bored."
"What are you doing? I don't have anything to do."
"I don't want to do stuff. Stuff is boring."
"Hey, wanna chat? Hi. a/s/l? Oh, ok. I'm bored. Wanna chat?"
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2009, 06:49:02 am »

The politically correct generally are the opposite. Sane, but incredulously boring.

The sane is debatable, but gods, i am so tired of boring political correctness.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4