Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31

Author Topic: The Mafia Board Karma Thread  (Read 36599 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The Mafia Board Karma Thread
« Reply #405 on: December 07, 2009, 08:36:09 pm »

Yeah, but a lot of people don't play in a BM before they hit the real thing, and sometimes the BM doesn't do much to help (currently thinking about ExKirby and Org).

Well, whatever.  Your reasoning seems generally good, and I didn't come over here to bitch at you about your entrance policies.
You're forgetting me!

And you take the internet WAY too seriously.
You guys are wrong. Wizard Duel 3, I have been bery much active and a good player.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 07, 2009, 08:37:32 pm »

Well, the current karma system only updates when the game ends so I can avoid giving double gains to people.  You are right though, you are far from a Newbie now.

@Org The point to this list, though, is Activity, not skill.  I know you aren't a slouch in this game.  However, I'm not ranking based on skill, but on Activity.  You can SUCK at the game utterly, with the players utterly HATING you for it, but if you are among the most active then you're an S.  Meanwhile, while you are very unreadable, and people agree that you work your power roles very well, you do lurk and the game slows down based on it. 

You've never needed to be replaced, but you have been in need of a few good prods.  That's a B or C depending on how picky we'll get with the prods.

@ Toony 

You can Nom as many as you want.  We'll have a more critical picking out later on so you can feel free to list who you want for now.  You just can't Nom yourself.

@Eduren  As I said to Toony, this is just picking out a shortlist of possible candidates.  We'll be able to sort them out later.

Lastly, since I was already saying that 3 Noms is enough, there's no need to Nom anyone who is already marked as "Fully Nominated"

Fixed list with better information:

Candidates:
Dakarian (Fully Nominated: Leafsnail, CobaltKobold, Org)
Webadict (Fully Nominated: Leafnsnail, CobaltKobold, Dakarian)
Alexhans  (Fully Nominated: Leafsnail, CobaltKobold, Dakarian)
Pandarsenic (Fully Nominated: CobaltKobold, Dakarian, Org)
CobaltKobold (Fully Nominated: Toonyman, Dakarian, Apostolic Nihilist)
Apostolic Nihilist (2 Nom: CobaltKobold, Dakarian)
JoshuaFH (2 Noms: CobaltKobold, Zai)
Inaluct (2 Noms: Org, Toonyman)
Leafsnail (2 Noms: Apostolic Nihilist, Dakarian)
Vector (2 Noms: CobaltKobold, Apostolic Nihilist)
Free Beer (1 Nom: CobaltKobold)
Toonyman (1 Nom: Dakarian)
Mephansteras (1 Nom: Leafsnail)

And do I need to make a new thread.  As it stands I may not update this one, with all games from here going into the new system.

And ENOUGH with the flamewarring!
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 07, 2009, 08:47:24 pm »

dakarian: your line between A/S is mainly protownness, seriously- you e'en mentioned "driving the discussion", and "hurts discussion when absent" which was the main sorting on my nominations.
Not true, give an example then.

Link me to a game you played throughout.
For the most part, Wizard Duel 3
I agree with this, and think that Para 3 might be another such- However, they're the exception.

You are always playing (sometimes need prods, but generally good about not flaking) but you are horrifically anti-town in most respects in your playstyle, but not anti-game as most claim.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 07, 2009, 08:54:54 pm »

@ Dak:Okay. You are right.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 07, 2009, 08:57:32 pm »

I nominate,
Apostolic Nihilist
JoshuaFH
Leafsnail
Vector
Free Beer
Mephansteras

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 07, 2009, 08:58:56 pm »

I nom Meph

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 07, 2009, 09:02:25 pm »

Seconding LoonyMan.

edit: Did I say I agreed with Org in WDM3? I meant WDM2.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 07, 2009, 09:06:48 pm »

Loony?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 07, 2009, 09:10:06 pm »

The B12mafia role Expy of Toonyman.
Tilesets

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 07, 2009, 10:11:45 pm »

I guess I am thinking of mostly "if they were town".  In times where they are mafia, I believe in "Play To Win" which means lurking, derailing the thread, and even hurting town moral is a fair act.  I know I was aiming specifically at killing the town discussion in BYOR:ExKirby and I approved of the scum lurking the last day of BM5. 

Active-Scum to me fits more in the ScumChat coordination with the team and in efficient actions being sent at night.  If they messed with the main thread poorly, it should be for a scum reason, not because they just weren't there.

The majority of your S rank will come from your Town game.  If you were distinctly anti-town and you flip town, then I'm not so sure about the S rank.

As I said, S is the only rank where playstyle and skill will be in consideration, especially since it is subjective.
I KNEW IT!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 07, 2009, 10:13:32 pm »

What if you're always wrong?  Is good intentions enough?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 07, 2009, 10:17:10 pm »

This is about whether you are active and available, not if you are actually SKILLED. 

Btw, I did Nom you.
I KNEW IT!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 07, 2009, 10:49:40 pm »

I nominate TM, M.P, myself, Leafsnail, Vector, Meph, Free Beer, Frelock, and I already said Josh. And some other people I've played several games with that I can't think of; if they'll pop up and say "hey lol i like nom-noms too, Zai" and I agree that they deserve one, I'll nominate 'em too.

...This system of getting S-ranked players is terrible, Dak. It's too easy to troll.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 07, 2009, 10:57:30 pm »

...I completely agree with Zai here. We should start with 3-4 people (e.g., Web/Dakarian/Pandarsenic/(open slot)) and have them nominate people in.

S should really consist of elite town-driving players, as opposed to how it stands now. I'm quite sure I don't deserve the S rank (see: my occasional lurking) but several others do.

...Jeeze, the way we're doing things now, (if only we had limited noms) this could turn into a mafia game similar to an offshoot of SMOL. I can already see people forming alliances. <_<

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 07, 2009, 11:15:19 pm »

Again, this ISN'T to decide exactly who goes in.  This is just to find out who we're going to talk about. 

Since everyone and their mother's cousin's mistress agree on Web/me/Pandar then I guess we can start there.  However, the point is that three people nominate others, then the S ranks vote.  All well and good to mass nominate everyone but most won't be going in. 

I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 31