Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31

Author Topic: The Mafia Board Karma Thread  (Read 36594 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: The Mafia Board Karma Thread
« Reply #435 on: December 08, 2009, 09:32:06 am »

Org, your older play would net you a solid C.  The more recent stuff will means a B.  Para was A but ExKirby plopped you with a prod.  Mafia-active means being there in the QuickTopic, at least so the others know what your up to.

Thus you're at a low B.

@Vector

I was pondering the idea of + and -.  The problem is quantifying it.  I want an Objective system, to the point where even if a person who abuses systems gets access they'll either have to change/break the rules or be stuck being honest.  That said, it needs more fine tuning AND specifics in just what each rank does.

You did show a quirk though: your recent situation should not be an A or a D.  Probably B: you do ask for replacements but you don't need to be prodded.  Perhaps we can use your situation to balance the system. 

A+ : Receive an A rank then Substitute for someone in a game

A : 1 prod max per quarter, No Substitutions

B + : 1 prod max per quarter, 2 or less Substitutions

B : 3 prods max per quarter, no more than 1 prod per game.  Substitutes by request only - 2 max

C : One of these: 3+ prods in a quarter / more than 1 prod in a game / more than 2 requested Subs

D : Two or more of these: +3 prods in  a quarter / more than 1 prod in a game / more than 2 sub requests. 

E : 1 or more forced Substitutions

In all but E, you can get a minus if you qualified to get into a lower rank but have a specific explanation for the cause.  I.e. your vacation, Vector, would mean you qualify for a C rank but should be B-.  I'm also thinking that someone who subs-in once a quarter should go up whatever their Rank: C to C+, B+ to A-, ext.  We are in bad need of more people willing to Sub for someone.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 08, 2009, 09:53:36 am »

Perhaps the pluses and minuses could say whether you replaced or were replaced.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 08, 2009, 11:01:11 am »

Oh, forgot to mention, I'll also use that Note system Vector talked about.

So yes, there will be info on whether you needed prods, replaced someone, flaked, ext.
I KNEW IT!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 08, 2009, 11:20:14 am »

Eh, all looks good.  Personally I think a game with all those currently listed as S ranks would be great.  I also think it would be interesting to run a Lyncher game or something like that with Webadict, Pandarsenic, Dakarian, Alexhans and ToonyMan or with a similarly super-active set of players.

Also, I've finally thought of a proper fake Bay 12 Mafia name for Pandarsenic.

Panthalium.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 08, 2009, 01:37:07 pm »

Good, that seems fair.  I'm vaguely wondering about turnover between seasons, though--do we want to have everyone start at an A, and just let mods look at the previous season for more detailed information?  I feel like that might be the best way to do things, given that the promise of a clean slate can be a strong incentive.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 08, 2009, 01:56:16 pm »

Pretty much.  S and N rankers will remain S and N rank while everyone else becomes A rank.  I may put down last season's rank beside it.. PERHAPS, but otherwise, its a clean slate.  Each season will have its own thread so a host can always go back to read about what happened before.

Also, not 100% confirmed on 'season'.  I know Month won't be long enough.  I'll see how things go but I'm looking at either a season (3 months) or a half year.
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 08, 2009, 02:20:19 pm »

Hm.  I'm actually personally debating between three months and half a year, because I feel that three months is the time it takes to get significant improvement/change in one's playstyle.  My first three months showed me getting prodded a lot and being replaced twice, whereas now I'm considered one of the more active players.  So, I'd probably try to go with the finer estimate and displaying last season's rank next to the new one, since mods should probably take improvement into account.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 08, 2009, 02:36:42 pm »

Maybe go seasons and show current and last season? That'll show improvement to mods while letting people see what's happened over a larger period of time.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 08, 2009, 02:40:09 pm »

That'll probably work.  With that, I'll have 6 months of data up anyway.

The 'last season' will be just a grade.  Current season will have grade and any special notes, like "proded in 2 games" "subbed in one game" "replaced from 2 games" or "flaked from 3 games due to heart surgery" (the last being a good excuse to keep a B- rather than go to a E)
I KNEW IT!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 09, 2009, 05:03:49 pm »

IMBMM(BMM) has ended.
Host(+2): CobaltKobold
active Players(+1): Vector,Pandarsenic, Boksi, Org, Neruz, Errol, Apostolic Nihilist, Zai
Requested Replacement(0 karma): Redwarrior0
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 09, 2009, 09:47:58 pm »

suggest that revealing the rules of a still-closed game hit karma if it is not already counted under 'rules infraction'
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 09, 2009, 09:50:27 pm »

suggest that revealing the rules of a still-closed game hit karma if it is not already counted under 'rules infraction'

That should be an instant switch to -10 "karma points". As in, negative ten as your "score". Not subtract ten from your "score".
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 09, 2009, 10:01:04 pm »

As it stands, all games from here on will be going into the new system, rather than this old one. 

As far as revealing the rules of a closed bastard game, E Rank will come from that since that KILLS the game.  Same for breaking other 'gamekilling' infractions.  Smaller infractions will just drop you a grade.. at least that's what I'm seeing so far.
I KNEW IT!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 09, 2009, 10:12:28 pm »

How about between games?
Tilesets

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 09, 2009, 10:17:26 pm »

Rulebreak is rulebreak, whenever it happens.
I KNEW IT!
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31