Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1721644 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - Now 31.21 compatible
« Reply #5235 on: September 30, 2011, 09:06:17 pm »

There is a workaround.

There's a file in the data folder of DF that has the colors that go with the color names.

find black in there and make it something other than pitch black.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: September 30, 2011, 09:13:49 pm »

You sir are a genius.  I did not even consider changing the DF color values, I knew ssense had to get them from someplace but I didn't consider that it just read them from the DF files.

Now to pick a color...hmm. FF4 chocobo black or dust covered external hard drive black...decisions...
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: September 30, 2011, 09:15:40 pm »

actually, it /doesn't/ get them from the DF files.

It gets them from the DF memory.

yes, DF stores the actual colors that your creatures are, but doesn't use them.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: October 01, 2011, 10:34:31 pm »

I have a strange problem, when I run stonesense the program opens but the window doesn't have a physical presence.

I can view the program's thumbnail image in the task bar and it is running, I press f9, it switches to a black thumbnail with some text and then switches to a green thumbnail which is probably the big empty field my dwarfs are in.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem and knows the solution or has any ideas for how to go about troubleshooting and correcting it.
OS is Windows 7 -64 bit.
DF is 0.31.25 V9.2

i have this problem. japa replied to read back a few pages for the solution, so i read the previous 10 pages without finding a solution. or, more likely, it was there but i could not recognize it.
Start here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=43260.5070
But this is probably what you want:
Whenever I need to move a window that's in a bad spot ... I need to select move, nudge it one pixel with my keyboard, then move the mouse to get the window movement to "link" to the mouse cursor.  If I do not use the keyboard, the window will never detect my mouse position and never move.

no, thats definately not the solution to my problem. for the sake of clarity i have communicated my grievance using the medium of interpretive dance, and posted the result on imageshack.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

as you can see, i am also getting the error message "cannot load font:DejaVuSans.tff" when i try messing around with my tiny windows 7 preview window. searching the thread i find others with this error message when compiling their own versions of stonesense, but i cannot understand those discussions and they do not seem to pertain to just running the allready compiled vanilla version off the first post. i definately have the font installed, i reinstalled it twice from different sources, and i used it to type comments in the above image.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: October 02, 2011, 12:23:55 am »

In Windows 7/Vista you have to hold Alt or Shift (can't remember right now, don't have Windows box running to check) then right click the taskbar item to get the move option.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: October 02, 2011, 12:55:52 am »

In Windows 7/Vista you have to hold Alt or Shift (can't remember right now, don't have Windows box running to check) then right click the taskbar item to get the move option.

ah! it is shift. i am so grateful. i had no idea what was going on, and did not realize stonesense was running fine, just one full computer screen down and to the right. getting the stonesense window into my screen is still a pain though, and after multiple tries it still feels like witchdoctory. i need to hold shift, right click stonesense on the taskbar, select move then bash the up and left keys for ages. the window still does not appear, but if i select move again, then click and hold the mouse i get the very top edge of it and can finally drag it into view. it feels unreliable and stupid, but i at least can get stonesense running now, which is the first time since 40d.

much thanks.

Weaselcake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: October 11, 2011, 03:34:25 pm »

Alright, ladies and gentlemen, may I present my compilation content pack.  Instructions are included on the DFFD page:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If something's not working send me a PM.  Also, I'm still waiting to confirm redistribution of TheraHedwig's GrimDark stuff in a compilation like this is OK, but I've got no response in a week and people seem to want this thing.

I know this is an older post but this now just removes all objects for me now. (doors, beds, chairs, workshops, etc) :(

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: October 17, 2011, 09:36:38 pm »

To those of you who were complaining about some features being removed from stonesense, I have...
Spoiler: Good news. (click to show/hide)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: October 17, 2011, 10:09:59 pm »

Yay full embark screenies!  Oh how I missed you!
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: October 17, 2011, 11:44:57 pm »

To those of you who were complaining about some features being removed from stonesense, I have...

What the fuck in god's green earth is that thing.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: October 18, 2011, 02:11:16 am »

Horses of various colors are in the sky. :)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Sabin Stargem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: October 18, 2011, 02:55:53 am »

The Slaves to Celestia mod is now complete!

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: October 18, 2011, 08:35:29 pm »

Most excellent!
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: October 18, 2011, 11:17:37 pm »

What the fuck in god's green earth is that thing.

That thing is Skyscrapes.
At last, she is done.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: October 19, 2011, 01:09:44 am »

Why are there flying unicorns!?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 379