Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1721634 times)

Mrhnhrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - Now 31.21 compatible
« Reply #5205 on: August 13, 2011, 12:36:27 pm »

A little help with building Stonesense under Linux, please? I've installed Allegro package, and copied DFHack's header files from DFHack's source (all that was in its library/include folder) into /usr/include . Building Stonesense fails:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also tried to use DFHack header files that came bundled with Stonesense source. The only difference it makes is that the first error message from compiler does not appear, the three other errors still occur. Thanks in advance.
/* a placeholder for a clever signature */

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: August 13, 2011, 12:43:38 pm »

DFHack is currently undergoing a re-write, and is no longer compatible.

Your best bet is to wait a few days, when the new DFhack will be released with stonesense.

Thulen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: August 13, 2011, 10:35:30 pm »

Hellu there

So i was messing with keyboard keys and found some keys that stonesense use to toggle things, is there a list anywhere of all of them ? cause i seemed to have locked my camera at -15,0,0 wich isnt quite the center anymore  :-[
Dwarf Fortress runs on the most powerfull graphic card there is... your imagination !

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: August 14, 2011, 11:10:23 pm »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: August 19, 2011, 08:02:05 pm »

Good work, but I have noticed a couple bugs you probably wanna know about.

*Debug mode seems to be identifying tile materiel as IRON pretty much wherever it is.  Odd but doesn't seem to actually effect anything visually with debug off.

*It runs great when run the first time in a DFHack session.  Blazing fast, but once closed and then reopened in a single DFHack session it runs very slowly.

And not so much a bug but a little visual option request.  I liked the old style of having unexplored areas blacked out by default.  I figure underground constructions do look better this way, but I have trouble picking out individual z-levels in busy hallway filled areas, any chance of an init option for how it displays unexplored areas on start up?

Despite those that's a great bit of work, I'm especially surprised you got engravings working how they do, I wasn't aware that info was even IN the memory data.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: August 20, 2011, 10:28:03 am »

*It runs great when run the first time in a DFHack session.  Blazing fast, but once closed and then reopened in a single DFHack session it runs very slowly.

Yeah, I can confirm that too.

Komra

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your brain on DF
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: August 25, 2011, 01:19:10 pm »

Hey, anyone know if it would work to move the entire DF folder from an OSX computer to a Windows computer and use Stonesense from the latter? If not, I'll find out soon.
EDIT- save transfer works fine, so the only current problem is a nonstandard one dealing with virtual machines. So it works just fine if you want to visualize and you're on a mac.(as long as you have a pc as well)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:53:32 pm by Komra »
But you never see a movie where a terrible coal plant accident causes a horrible devastation, do you? Nope, everyone seems to think that nuclear plants get their energy by smacking live atomic warheads all day or something.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: August 26, 2011, 12:25:31 am »

Yeah, I can confirm that too.

resizing the stonesense window fixes this. I have no idea why this happens.

Gabriel A. Zorrilla

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://zorrilla.me
« Reply #5213 on: August 28, 2011, 08:41:50 pm »

Hi there. I cant see my stockpiles!
Running on 31.25, linux, thanks to peterix and dfhack + stonesense.

Any tip? Thanks!

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #5214 on: August 28, 2011, 08:51:10 pm »

Hi there. I cant see my stockpiles!
Running on 31.25, linux, thanks to peterix and dfhack + stonesense.
Any tip? Thanks!
https://github.com/peterix/stonesense/blob/master/README.txt

Use the 'U' key. It won't show the stored items, but at least it's something. Note that the readme file is a bit outdated. All the stuff about dfunstuck is obsolete and the 'whole map screenshot' function is currently disabled.

gazj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: September 12, 2011, 05:26:07 am »

Hi Guys, really struggling to compile on Arch Linux.  Output of cmake

Code: [Select]
cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:string=Release
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:177 (DFHACK_PLUGIN):
  Unknown CMake command "DFHACK_PLUGIN".

CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
  No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)

should be added at the top of the file.  The version specified may be lower
  if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more
  information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

Please help

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #5216 on: September 13, 2011, 09:01:00 pm »

Hi Guys, really struggling to compile on Arch Linux.
Please help
Hello :)

Stonesense is now a plugin for DFHack, so you need to build it as part of it. First, if you're building on a 64bit Arch, you *need* multilib gcc/g++. (In general, distros with no 32bit support are useless here)
Here's how to do it (starting in some kind of 'projects' directory):
Code: [Select]
git clone git://github.com/peterix/dfhack.git # read only repo @ https://github.com/peterix/dfhack
cd dfhack # step into the new directory
git submodule init # set up the stonesense submodule
git submodule update # and fetch it from read only repo @ https://github.com/peterix/stonesense
cd build
ccmake .. # manual version of cmake. It's important to set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to a DF folder and to enable building stonesense. first 'configure', then 'generate'. You need to rerun 'configure' after any changes to the options.
make
make install # install to whatever place you set CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to be

By default, the build system has its own pre-built copy of the allegro 5 libraries. After you enable building stonesense and 'configure', some more options should show up in ccmake. The one usable on Linux is STONESENSE_INTERNAL_SO. Setting this to 'OFF' will make the build system use your system allegro 5 libs. This isn't normally needed, but if you want to work on stonesense and use the debug version of allegro, you'll have to do it. lib32-allegro5 is in the AUR.

gazj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: September 14, 2011, 04:50:47 am »

Ok have managed to build it.  I have updated the dfhack-git package in the Arch Linux aur and have notfified the maintainer of the stonesense-svn package of the new situation.  I do not have a 64 bit machine, so I welcome any input on 64 bit problems.

Arch Linux dfhack-git package
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=35350

@peterix - 2 issues
1. When using your allegro from git I get an error that the stonesense plugin cannot be loaded.
2. When using arch's own allegro5 library all works, until I try to maximise the stonesense window, then the whole dfhack process falls over with no output.

Can I help with these problems at all?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: September 14, 2011, 04:52:48 am »

Stonesense SVN is no longer maintained.

It's moved over to Git.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #5219 on: September 14, 2011, 05:21:26 am »

Ok have managed to build it.  I have updated the dfhack-git package in the Arch Linux aur and have notfified the maintainer of the stonesense-svn package of the new situation.  I do not have a 64 bit machine, so I welcome any input on 64 bit problems.

Arch Linux dfhack-git package
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=35350
Cool stuff. The build system should be set up so that it always builds in 32-bit mode. In case of Arch the dependencies will be different between 64bit and 32bit - where on 32bit you'd get libpng12, 64bit needs lib32-libpng12, etc.

1. When using your allegro from git I get an error that the stonesense plugin cannot be loaded.
Look at stderr.log - it contains some more details about errors. It's probably a missing library though. I'm building the allegro libs with slightly older libpng so that it works on other distros. You might be missing libpng12.

2. When using arch's own allegro5 library all works, until I try to maximise the stonesense window, then the whole dfhack process falls over with no output.
That sounds like something out of my control... possibly display driver problems or an allegro problem. What graphics hardware do you have and which driver do you use with it? It works fine for me with the proprietary nvidia ones and a 9600GT card. The nouveau drivers can't do alpha transparency on the sprites and leave the screen mostly black though.

I also suspect that there are some more crasher bugs still crawling in stonesense... I just don't have the range of hardware I'd need to fix them...
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 379