Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1720438 times)

SpuneDagr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #3825 on: August 20, 2010, 09:20:08 am »

Any chance we could get a "take screenshot of entire map with everything visible to the edges and no fog" button?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: August 20, 2010, 09:22:11 am »

you can disable fog in the init.txt, and ctrl+F5 takes an entire map screenshot

SpuneDagr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: August 20, 2010, 10:30:24 am »

Yay! Thank you.

Star Guarded

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bravemule
« Reply #3828 on: August 20, 2010, 12:22:08 pm »

Thanks Retro :) Yeah I'm here heh, and I keep in regular (almost daily) contact with Japa, he's the one who's doing the active development these days you know. So I like to think we're on top of this hehe
Been pretty busy though, but seems like some details are emerging: If all goes well I might be moving to California by the end of the year for a new job. Pretty happy about that. We'll see :)

I'll keep lurking
congrats :] hope it works out

looking forward to the new release. and that water looks fantastic, solifuge.

Nemoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: August 21, 2010, 06:30:50 pm »

What version of DFHACK does StoneSense build against and where can I find the source for it?  The 1.0 source release on sf.net seems to have a very different API.

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: August 21, 2010, 06:55:52 pm »

There is no 1.0 DFHack. The latest version is 0.4.0.7b, and it is located in the DFHack thread.

Nemoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: August 21, 2010, 08:14:05 pm »

Oops, I meant 0.1.0
I hadn't realized df moved from sf.net to github, thanks!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - New Version Out Now!
« Reply #3832 on: August 21, 2010, 09:51:37 pm »

I want to take world map -
What is essential to understand here, is that the world does not yet exist. Only general information about each map 'square' is known. The exact layout of each square is generated on embark. SO if you've only embarked once on a 3x3 grid, your entire world is only 9 squares big.

Toady does this, naturally, because it would be impossible to simulate each and every tile, tree, creek etc in the entire world at once.

I'm wondering if that's what he was asking the first place. Take a world map and render it as a single-layer map in Stonesense with each isometric tile representing a map tile, just to get a better look at a general representation of the world from a distance. So a 50x50 world (38400x38400 game tiles) would show up as a 50x50 map purely based off of the tile types see in the world map (ie. mountains of various types, lakes, grasslands, hills, marshes, etc).
*cough* Like this thing?

It doesn't handle elves properly, as their foresthomes are the ONLY duplicated tile on the worldmap (= Heavy Forest), there should be only one foresthome on this map. I think I skipped adding a ruins-tile as well. No telling if it still works with 0.31, but graphical changes are the only thing that'd break it.
Both of you are equally true.

Also, Thoughts on Sounds/Music in Stonesense. Go!
eh.
? Would a simple ambient sounds of running water while viewing a river, or a hollow dripping echo as you explored caves in adventure mode make you happy? Would endless "YOU HAVE STRUCK MICROCLINE!" fanfares drive you into a fell mood?
Not particularly, and yes.

Is there a reason there seems to be opposition to getting the offsets for the 'legacy' versions?

On ambient sounds: More do-able. But a few questions arise: we can't pick up on events (like baby born, cow slaughtered, axe strikes goblin neck, etc)
Getting at the events log gameside (I hope it has pointers) might be the most important thing for future plans.

...wait, gamelog.txt, is it updated real-time? hmm...
True, I don't know if dwarves even have the mental capacity to feel emarrassment, but I'm not taking any chances on this matter. I may be cruel sometimes, but turning my fortress into a nudist resort for furries, that's crossing the line.
Draw a line and it will be crossed by something.

all tiles use the same system.

you can even use it for creatures if you want.
Wait, did you just* incidentally implement proper waterfall/water cohesion tile capabilities? *reads tag faq* No, you didn't. Would need "iswater" and "ismagma" for the two kinds.

I'm betting this came of generalizing ramp code.

Lies. Stonesense development has been over for years, and Japa's just been posting some delicately crafted Photoshops.
Sorry, I never updated my script to work with fatfloors. ;)

okay, ATI people, your only hope is using Directx, it seems.
Looks like I'd be hosed then- ATI on linux.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: August 21, 2010, 10:00:13 pm »

all tiles use the same system.

you can even use it for creatures if you want.
Wait, did you just* incidentally implement proper waterfall/water cohesion tile capabilities? *reads tag faq* No, you didn't. Would need "iswater" and "ismagma" for the two kinds.

I'm betting this came of generalizing ramp code.
yeah, I won't be updating the water to use this feature til after this coming release, since it's quite a lot of work.
Nah, you'd be fine if you manage to get it to compile. the issue lies with the windows drivers, not the card itself.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: August 22, 2010, 12:11:48 am »

Nah, you'd be fine if you manage to get it to compile. the issue lies with the windows drivers, not the card itself.
Go Microsoft... /sarcasm
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

KillHour

• Bay Watcher
  • One of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: August 22, 2010, 02:34:47 am »

Go Microsoft... /sarcasm
It's not Microsoft's fault.  ATI wrote the drivers.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: August 22, 2010, 02:38:23 am »

but microsoft are the ones putting pressure on them to concentrate on Diractx over openGL

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: August 22, 2010, 03:13:42 am »

Ah, but in turn, ATI are the ones that aren't making themselves martyrs for the cause.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

devek

• Bay Watcher
  • [KILL_EVERYTHING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: August 22, 2010, 03:47:24 am »

It isn't like ATI has the best directx drivers either :P

A Total waste of Income
"Why do people rebuild things that they know are going to be destroyed? Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever?"

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: August 22, 2010, 11:52:52 am »

Stupid noob question; sorry in advance.

Background:

I used stone sense a long time ago in 40d. I now use 2010 (despite bugs). Stonesense used to come in a folder.

Problem:

It now comes in a rar file. I don't have winrar.

Question:

What is the best way for me to open this wonderful software package? Can I get winrar for free from a reliable site not laden with viri?

Thanks for your time and dedication to this project.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 379