Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1720470 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread
« Reply #3435 on: June 23, 2010, 01:06:11 pm »

Ok, I decided to make some simple upright spike sprites.  (I know we currently have the 4 holes in the floor sprite, but I tend to keep my spikes deployed and at the bottom of pits so that stuff that falls down there lands on them to take damage)

This is what I got.

I made it grey so that it hopefully can obtain coloration from the materiel.  But when I looked at the stonesense xml entry for spikes they seem to be some kind of special case, it has a sprite index, but it dosn't actually seem to point to a file, so i can't figure out how it finds the current sprite for me to add it ingame.  So I can't get any in program screenshots (or see how it looks to make tweaks)

I also don't actually know how to get the sprite to get it's color from the materiel, I tried looking at the wiki page for sprite editing, but it seems out of date.  Either that or I was looking at the wrong page or something,  any hints?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 03:17:04 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3436 on: June 23, 2010, 01:14:34 pm »

Hum, how do we do graphics for:

1.) Forgotten beasts (randomized materials, body types, etc).
2.) Demons (also seemingly random to a degree
3.) Custom workshops and animals (Training dummies and cave turtles for shells)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: June 24, 2010, 08:12:32 am »

out of those three, the best you can do is a generic forgotten beast sprite that goes to all of them.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: June 24, 2010, 12:41:53 pm »

Create a creature of some sort... then pixelate it like they used to do to censor things on TV. :p
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

1-Down Shroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: June 24, 2010, 05:10:40 pm »

Hi Jonask84! Its been awhile.
I will get you high.

Jordix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: June 24, 2010, 10:53:20 pm »

Added a few more animals that had no sprites yet, and made a few minor changes to the others. Also added tigermen, since they're now tameable. I'll upload them with the .xml to the repository, sometime during the weekend.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gorobay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3441 on: June 25, 2010, 07:05:46 am »

Tigermen don't wear clothes.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: June 25, 2010, 05:49:25 pm »

Create a creature of some sort... then pixelate it like they used to do to censor things on TV. :p

Dude, that's perfect.

Jordix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: June 25, 2010, 08:08:40 pm »

Well if they're gonna walk around my dinning halls all day, doing nothing except eating my food, they can at least show some modesty.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3444 on: June 25, 2010, 08:12:54 pm »

Well if they're gonna walk around my dinning halls all day, doing nothing except eating my food, they can at least show some modesty.

Why? It's not like the dwarves do...
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: June 25, 2010, 08:51:22 pm »

Only if its in their personality traits....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Jordix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: June 25, 2010, 09:07:12 pm »

True, I don't know if dwarves even have the mental capacity to feel emarrassment, but I'm not taking any chances on this matter. I may be cruel sometimes, but turning my fortress into a nudist resort for furries, that's crossing the line.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: June 26, 2010, 07:58:44 am »

True, I don't know if dwarves even have the mental capacity to feel emarrassment, but I'm not taking any chances on this matter. I may be cruel sometimes, but turning my fortress into a nudist resort for furries, that's crossing the line.
Do you have any cats or dogs?  Do you dress them? ;)
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #3448 on: June 26, 2010, 08:59:01 am »

Do you have any cats or dogs?  Do you dress them? ;)

?

Actual RL dogs do wear stuff like bulletproof vests.

Just like horses got armor, so did war dogs.

And, well, google for "dog clothes"

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: June 26, 2010, 09:59:26 am »

Dogs with barding are made of awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 379