Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8118 8119 [8120] 8121 8122 ... 8158

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8850066 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121785 on: July 07, 2023, 03:52:50 am »

When boofing the blood of Christ just isn't good enough.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121786 on: July 10, 2023, 07:30:30 pm »

Hit an owl with my car. I'm hoping it isn't dead, the thud wasn't that loud and given the angle it flew into the road it's possible it hit the side in which case it might have been stunned and spun around a bit, but I'm not hopeful.

The only thing I'm glad about is that something like that makes me feel so shit. I'd hate to be the kind of person who could, I dunno, laugh it off or something.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #121787 on: July 10, 2023, 11:37:50 pm »

It wasn't your fault, birds are just kinda dumb.

Once, a dove flew out in front of my car while driving, and then turned the direction we were going. I slowed down, but it still slapped ass first into the middle of the windshield with a light thud and slid up to the roof. So you wouldnt be the only one here who had a little giggle at an animals expense.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121788 on: July 11, 2023, 03:30:59 am »

There's always a chance that it isn't dead and can recover.

Just be glad that it didn't shit all over the windshield like what happened when a friend of mine hit a large bird, and that didn't even kill it as if flew away right after doing that.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121789 on: July 11, 2023, 12:06:44 pm »

Microsoft looks like it has the green light to buy Activision now.

I don't understand why the media thinks it's about Call of Duty; It's not about Call of Duty!

If people don't understand how what Microsoft did to Minecraft, and is doing to Bethesda properties, isn't bad... I guess they deserve what they get.

Note: I don't dispute that Microsoft has added features to Minecraft.  But they also made it more difficult to use, it now requires a Microsoft account, and cross-platform play is tedious, especially when trying to play with non-Microsoft properties, among other things. Their support is also terrible; we tried to contact them regarding family accounts or something related to Minecraft, and they never responded.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #121790 on: July 11, 2023, 12:46:53 pm »

I think Microsoft Minecraft is fine and never had any problems.

And honestly Blizzard is a shitty company (though not nearly as objectively bad as Markus Persson) so maybe Microsoft might attenuate its more tedious practices.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023, 12:49:06 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121791 on: July 11, 2023, 01:11:04 pm »

What annoys me most about it is that the stupid microsoft store that is integrated into windows, will might becoome unavoidable before it will inevitably go through X iterations and where that leaves DRM and acquired permanent licenses, well you can be sure nobody will give a rats ass. MS is weird like that, they do have the highest legacy support built in but at the same time they show time and time again that they will literrally throw their own trademark features over board, just to innovate for innovations sake.
let

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #121792 on: July 11, 2023, 01:18:51 pm »

Microsoft looks like it has the green light to buy Activision now.

I don't understand why the media thinks it's about Call of Duty; It's not about Call of Duty!

If people don't understand how what Microsoft did to Minecraft, and is doing to Bethesda properties, isn't bad... I guess they deserve what they get.

Note: I don't dispute that Microsoft has added features to Minecraft.  But they also made it more difficult to use, it now requires a Microsoft account, and cross-platform play is tedious, especially when trying to play with non-Microsoft properties, among other things. Their support is also terrible; we tried to contact them regarding family accounts or something related to Minecraft, and they never responded.

Not yet, they need approval from UK, US, and EU regulators for the deal. The UK regulator has said no, and Microsoft are appealing, and the FTC are challenging it through administrative courts as well as this federal judge thing too.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #121793 on: July 11, 2023, 02:01:33 pm »

the FTC are challenging it through administrative courts as well as this federal judge thing too.
Court says Nah to FTC
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121794 on: July 11, 2023, 02:34:21 pm »

the FTC are challenging it through administrative courts as well as this federal judge thing too.
Court says Nah to FTC
That was the federal thing I meant. They can appeal, but they’re taking a different route too, at least according to the BBC.

As I say, the UK regulator has already said no. If that isn’t overturned or reviewed, the merger can’t happen.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #121795 on: July 11, 2023, 02:35:17 pm »

I think Microsoft Minecraft is fine and never had any problems.

And honestly Blizzard is a shitty company (though not nearly as objectively bad as Markus Persson) so maybe Microsoft might attenuate its more tedious practices.
Adding more evil to the evil empire won't diminish the evil, just make it even worse then the sum of their parts.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #121796 on: July 11, 2023, 05:00:23 pm »

Its not a matter of evilness. Blizzard as it is... I've not touched one of their products since warcraft 3. The always online stuff sealed the deal.

I think its unlikely microsoft will touch that but here's to hoping
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #121797 on: July 11, 2023, 06:05:15 pm »

As I say, the UK regulator has already said no. If that isn’t overturned or reviewed, the merger can’t happen.
Is it actually a "can't happen" or more a "well, they can't operate in the UK" thing? Because I could see them going "lol, who gives a damn about the UK market" at this point, heh. If you got the US and EU markets you can probably pretty safely tell the UK to get stuffed.

... anyway, if it does go through I don't expect it to make either of them worse, and might even make actiblizz somewhat less terrible to its workforce, but I wouldn't have high expectations. "Not worse" does not necessarily entail "better", ha.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121798 on: July 11, 2023, 06:16:55 pm »

Is it actually a "can't happen" or more a "well, they can't operate in the UK" thing? Because I could see them going "lol, who gives a damn about the UK market" at this point, heh. If you got the US and EU markets you can probably pretty safely tell the UK to get stuffed.

... anyway, if it does go through I don't expect it to make either of them worse, and might even make actiblizz somewhat less terrible to its workforce, but I wouldn't have high expectations. "Not worse" does not necessarily entail "better", ha.

According to the Beeb, it needs to be approved in all three to go through, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the scenario you present happens if the FTC are forced to approve it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #121799 on: July 12, 2023, 01:40:58 am »

Has the EU approved it? I was hoping they wouldn't
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 8118 8119 [8120] 8121 8122 ... 8158