Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8074 8075 [8076] 8077 8078 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9534229 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121125 on: October 16, 2022, 01:43:59 pm »

I'm in an awful mood for no reason I can easily point to. Case in point: my advisor and his wife (both mathematicians) are out of town next week with a family emergency, which is going to throw off my schedule.

How I think about it: I hope they're ok and that nobody dies or is injured, this sounds stressful for them.

How I feel about it: ... now I have to deal with yet another fucking disruption??

Probably I should try to take it a little easy today because this kind of thing usually means I need more breaks. So I'll lie in bed here a bit.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #121126 on: October 16, 2022, 01:51:14 pm »

Mars always makes me sad. It had oceans, a thick atmosphere and all that. But even then, it couldn't he Earth. It never stood a chance.

If one of the rovers find a fossil or something I will legit cry.
But maybe the Martians and all the life forms moved on to a higher plane of existence, and that is why the planet is so barren. That's a Happy Thing, right?

Also: Any sign of life off of the Earth means Aliens Exist, and that is quite exciting!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121127 on: October 16, 2022, 05:04:03 pm »

Hurt my knee at Jitsu due to two bad breakfalls (One bad one because the throw was messed up and I'm not good enough to breakfall out of that, one I had to stop so I didn't slam into someone), which happened right near the beginning of the actual training bit of the session.

And about 20 minutes ago I burned my finger on what must have been a fucking high temperature match, because they've burned down further without causing me issues before.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121128 on: October 16, 2022, 07:53:53 pm »

fifi
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 11:00:14 am by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121129 on: October 18, 2022, 05:39:52 pm »

Mars always makes me sad. It had oceans, a thick atmosphere and all that. But even then, it couldn't he Earth. It never stood a chance.

If one of the rovers find a fossil or something I will legit cry.
But maybe the Martians and all the life forms moved on to a higher plane of existence, and that is why the planet is so barren. That's a Happy Thing, right?

Also: Any sign of life off of the Earth means Aliens Exist, and that is quite exciting!

Whatever I played, watched, and/or read [insert mars-based scifi media here]. Humanity originated from mars millennia ago and then the aliens attacked or there was a natural catastrophe and we had to flee to Earth. Obviously.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121130 on: October 18, 2022, 06:02:29 pm »

In one of the worst examples of sci-fi I ever read, Mars was once inhabited by aliens but they left due to some natural disaster. They then went out into the galaxy for millions of years, sucking up every molecule of water they could find, but apparently it was never enough somehow. After those millions of years they returned to our solar system and proceeded to drain Earth dry (along with every living thing on it). Some humans fled to Mars and began terraforming it, which the aliens ignored for Reasons.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121131 on: October 18, 2022, 06:04:47 pm »

Oh, the "They're after our water" trope is always hilarious. It's not like there's a moon orbiting Saturn with a several kilometer deep ice sheet that ISN'T inhabited by violent monkeys, or a whole asteroid belt where there's not even a gravity well to fight.

My favourite one though is that film where aliens invade Earth, but water is actually deadly to them. They chose the one fucking planet with liquid water all over the fucking place and invaded it?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121132 on: October 18, 2022, 06:09:23 pm »

Oh, the "They're after our water" trope is always hilarious. It's not like there's a moon orbiting Saturn with a several kilometer deep ice sheet that ISN'T inhabited by violent monkeys, or a whole asteroid belt where there's not even a gravity well to fight.

My favourite one though is that film where aliens invade Earth, but water is actually deadly to them. They chose the one fucking planet with liquid water all over the fucking place and invaded it?
Funnily enough those other sources of water got mentioned! It is also mentioned that the aliens drained them dry first, before going after Earth (somehow no one else noticed this).

Like I said, it was bad sci-fi.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121133 on: October 18, 2022, 06:11:32 pm »

"Hey Sarah, how's work at the observatory" "Oh yeah, turns out Europa's got no ice" "What?" "Yeah, I guess we'd just got it wrong all those years, it's actually smaller than we thought and just a rocky body. Who'd have guessed?"

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121134 on: October 18, 2022, 06:34:11 pm »

screw you *defrosts your europa*
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #121135 on: October 18, 2022, 06:35:20 pm »

"Hey Sarah, how's work at the observatory" "Oh yeah, turns out Europa's got no ice" "What?" "Yeah, I guess we'd just got it wrong all those years, it's actually smaller than we thought and just a rocky body. Who'd have guessed?"
Oh man it'd suck if we develop FTL and find everywhere is just rocks

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 07:26:29 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121137 on: October 18, 2022, 08:36:05 pm »

Feeling deeply unwell today.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121138 on: October 18, 2022, 09:10:48 pm »

Feel well Vector.

and jam out.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #121139 on: October 19, 2022, 06:16:02 am »

Physical ailment or life malaise? Either way do your best Vec!

Rocks and trees and trees and rocks and rocks and trees and trees and rocks… and water.

The universe is just Canada.
It's not too bad
Pages: 1 ... 8074 8075 [8076] 8077 8078 ... 8169