Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8009 8010 [8011] 8012 8013 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500826 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120150 on: August 01, 2021, 11:25:00 am »

I'll send you all the strength I have, Vector.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120151 on: August 01, 2021, 07:15:14 pm »

Please, I can barely figure out which end of the pencil to use. Suicide is entirely beyond my capabilities. My statement wasn't meant like that, but I am very sorry for making you worry. I shoulda thought more.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #120152 on: August 01, 2021, 07:52:57 pm »

Don't feel guilty because people care about you. Please.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120153 on: August 01, 2021, 11:57:35 pm »

Don't feel guilty because people care about you. Please.

Yeah, this.

I'm sorry for jumping the gun, too. A big wave of suicide went through my high school just as I left it and it doesn't seem like a "rare" or "unusual" thing to me. Sometimes your friends go down to the train tracks and don't come back, heh.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120154 on: August 02, 2021, 12:03:58 am »

Let us aspire to spit in the faces of our enemies.

If we don't have any value, then surely we can scream at those who dismissed us!

I have some measure of self nowadays, though I remember not having it.
Things are rough and there's no "reasonable" option out of it.
Particularly when we're rural (in my past).

Let our exploiters eat the consequences of their actions.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120155 on: August 03, 2021, 01:48:48 am »

It's much more effective if you punch them into the sun.
-
Insurance pushed back my neck fusion surgery essentially indefinitely. Why? I hadn't had an MRI yet. Because they scheduled it after the surgery was supposed to happen. They've done this to me a couple of times to push back costs or whatever, so I kind of expected it. I'm just so tired of the insurance games.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120156 on: August 05, 2021, 08:58:06 am »

Published information (news reports, games, etc) sources that use a lowercase 'm' instead of capital 'M' to designate multiples of 106.

There is just no attention to detail any more.

EDIT: I just saw something that used 't' (lowercase T) to represent 109.  I don't even know any more.   :-\
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 09:13:29 am by McTraveller »
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #120157 on: August 05, 2021, 09:50:20 am »

Man, and here I'm irritated at typos in subtitles. I'm also a little irritated about me that I'm detail-picky enough to make a fuss about typos in subtitles. Like, why should I notice/care?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120158 on: August 05, 2021, 10:28:24 am »

Pobody's nerfect?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120159 on: August 05, 2021, 10:50:06 am »

Oh! Here's an actual sad!

My hard drive ate shit. I've no backup for the Win10 license key that was piloting the system, my Noita savedata is gone, and my folder of zesty memes and fun audio snippets is wholly inaccessible. No warnings, no sector read errors, just sploot and the whole thing is invisible.

Admittedly, in all my time computing, this is the first I've actually suffered a data loss, so I'll consider myself lucky up to this point. On the bright side, I can swap out the drive from my spare PC for a net gain of storage space and can finally set up a Lubuntu-Win10 dual-boot long as nobody minds win10's in yohoho mode.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120160 on: August 05, 2021, 10:51:59 am »

If the platter itself is still good you have chances of recovering the data if important enough, but it will cost you money. If there were not weird sounds prior or anything most likely the board or a component of the board failed, which is "easy" to fix. You just need the exact same board from another hard drive.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

None

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120161 on: August 05, 2021, 12:04:27 pm »

Yeah, nah, it's not that important. It's also a solid state, and upon reflection, I suspect that windows was either thrashing it or it was about ready to fail anyways (I didn't get it new). Also, it might've been making clicking noises idly and surely that's not a healthy sign for a drive with no moving parts.

Ach, well. I put a lot of creative effort into collecting those memes! >:E

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120162 on: August 05, 2021, 02:33:39 pm »

Whoops, didn't see you there.
What did you say?

What did you say?

What did you say?

And so on and so fourth, until the day I die.

Except of course someone will still trip over my corpse, because they didn't see me there.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120163 on: August 05, 2021, 02:49:30 pm »

*looks at body angrily*

"you could have given me a heads up"
let

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #120164 on: August 06, 2021, 11:55:37 am »

For the past couple of days there have been a lot of forest fires in Southern and Central Greece . It's almost as if a new one is popping every couple of hours and some of them have reached residential areas. There is no sign of them dying down any time soon.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.
Pages: 1 ... 8009 8010 [8011] 8012 8013 ... 8168