Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7996 7997 [7998] 7999 8000 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9507594 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119955 on: May 06, 2021, 12:00:00 pm »

Gonna probably have to eat a bunch of incompletes this quarter. I'm basically too depressed to function. Whoo.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #119956 on: May 06, 2021, 12:58:00 pm »

Ooof, that's rough Vector. I hope you are able to stabilize soon now that the country is starting to get closer to opening up. Maybe a more normal summer will help.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119957 on: May 06, 2021, 01:32:46 pm »

Yeah. It really fucking sucks. I'm just looking forward to being able to do any of the normal things to take care of myself.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119958 on: May 06, 2021, 08:13:11 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:34:37 pm by dragdeler »
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #119960 on: May 07, 2021, 03:34:25 am »

Longsad is long
Love, scriver~

Lawson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119961 on: May 07, 2021, 06:11:49 am »

My coffee machine is broken

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #119962 on: May 07, 2021, 07:42:36 am »

My coffee machine is broken

The Horror!  :'(

Seriously, no joke, I could face the Zombie Apocalypse just as long as my Atomic Coffeemaker is working.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119963 on: May 07, 2021, 07:37:35 pm »

Looks like my dad's going to lose a foot.

I was in shock but then I wrote a pretty long journal about it.  Now I'm still in shock but I guess I worked through some issues a little (and I've reassured myself that I love my SO, even if I feel unloveable at this moment.)
Just, really emotionally tired.  I hope I'm able to feel or at least express human emotions about this tomorrow.

I hate that I lost (by neglect) those friendships I forged over the past couple months.  I guess they say a romance will do that sometimes.  I guess cutting back on alcohol can do it too. 

Edit:  Things went "well".  I didn't have to fake the emotions, it was altogether a positive emotional support experience.  Glad I went, super glad I got enough natural sleep last night.  Enough to work through things via very on-the-nose dreams.  Wasn't fun but it was helpful.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 01:19:55 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119964 on: May 08, 2021, 01:17:31 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:34:13 pm by dragdeler »
let

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119965 on: May 08, 2021, 04:48:18 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:33:13 pm by dragdeler »
let

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119966 on: May 08, 2021, 06:32:02 pm »

That was pretty sad. Hedgehog probably wasn't going to make it.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119967 on: May 09, 2021, 03:11:17 am »

Hey, you tried your best. It most likely just was old, and passing away, or sick.

Fleas and parasites are a normal thing for hedgehogs to be covered in. It s the price they pay for their prickly defense, they can't groom themselves properly. I doubt that is what was troubling it.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119968 on: May 09, 2021, 07:42:11 pm »

Don't beat yourself up, realistically, what could you have done? You probably needed to get work done instead of spending a long time to inspect the hedgehog, also it was respectful to give it some space. Let's assume on the way back you looked super closely and had a strong intuition that his weakness was from flees - I mean we can't even tell that for certain, but let's just assume - what could you have done within a limited budget short of leading chemical warfare on his lacerated skin, in his weak state... Even if you somehow managed to protect it's breathing way, while "emptying" some anti-flea spray you were somehow able to pick up after a day of work, how likely would you have been able to feed it up to strength after such an ordeal? I'm being dramatic here, maybe giving it a warm bath with some anti-flea shampoo would have been less invasive/just as effective/solved the coldness problem at the same time; could you afford a flea infestation, would you have the space to avoid both that and a wet freezing hedgehog?
I tought of applying anti-tick dust that I use for my chickens, but I was worried it could hurt the hegehog, by getting into his eyes, I did not notice any wounds on him. I knew he wasn't going to make it, but I still had hope for him, seeing the little guy snuggled up against a water bottle, made me wish I knew what to do to help him.
You properly provided hedgehog hospice.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119969 on: May 09, 2021, 07:44:54 pm »

Looks like my dad's going to lose a foot.

I was in shock but then I wrote a pretty long journal about it.  Now I'm still in shock but I guess I worked through some issues a little (and I've reassured myself that I love my SO, even if I feel unloveable at this moment.)
Just, really emotionally tired.  I hope I'm able to feel or at least express human emotions about this tomorrow.

I hate that I lost (by neglect) those friendships I forged over the past couple months.  I guess they say a romance will do that sometimes.  I guess cutting back on alcohol can do it too. 

Edit:  Things went "well".  I didn't have to fake the emotions, it was altogether a positive emotional support experience.  Glad I went, super glad I got enough natural sleep last night.  Enough to work through things via very on-the-nose dreams.  Wasn't fun but it was helpful.

Wow, that is rough.  Glad things went as well as could be expected.
Pages: 1 ... 7996 7997 [7998] 7999 8000 ... 8168