Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7787 7788 [7789] 7790 7791 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9520167 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #116820 on: October 01, 2019, 08:04:15 pm »

I think the only way for this to happen is civil wars and the death of leaders of the large nations. There are already many civil wars happening in various places. I don’t see a peaceful way to implement this, I could be missing something though, but according to history large nations tend to break into smaller ones violently

Another point I've made on b12 at some point in time. They deny climate change and they're shitting their pants for slighty above average migration rates. You should be terrified of what the right will come up with once they do acknowledge climate change.
I think they will institute a Purge type scenario, to kill off the masses

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116821 on: October 01, 2019, 08:14:19 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:23:45 pm by dragdeler »
let

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116822 on: October 01, 2019, 08:25:15 pm »

I don’t know what made you think I’m Richie Rich, I’m not

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116823 on: October 01, 2019, 08:31:35 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:27:33 pm by dragdeler »
let

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116824 on: October 01, 2019, 08:36:57 pm »

Haha no I change articles as the druggy I am, just in case one of them is listening. After all, supposedly there is a 1:10000 chance, and we have more users than that (not active).
Oh ok sorry for being confused and asking something that made no sense

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116825 on: October 01, 2019, 08:40:38 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:27:36 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116826 on: October 02, 2019, 10:20:07 am »

This talk about governments and fiefdoms and shit reminded me of an idea I was pondering yesterday: why not dissolve all large nations and turn them (back) into city-states? Would be a much healthier setup, it seems to me.
The decisions of each government would actually be relevant to their people, instead of basically trying to do the same thing with the confusing shemozzle of state vs federal laws and all such nonsense.
Also, if one was fed up with their homeland, there'd actually be a reasonable chance of them finding someplace better.

Corporations will destroy that dream like they do with the rest. My understanding is the government is supposed to be a counter to the corporations, like Godzilla fighting Mothra to defend the town, except hopefully with less demolition. Instead they're acting as enforcers for the corporations, allowing them to do far more damage and gain more power. We'd be better off long-term that way, but we need to break the corps first.

I think the only way for this to happen is civil wars and the death of leaders of the large nations. There are already many civil wars happening in various places. I don’t see a peaceful way to implement this, I could be missing something though, but according to history large nations tend to break into smaller ones violently

Another point I've made on b12 at some point in time. They deny climate change and they're shitting their pants for slighty above average migration rates. You should be terrified of what the right will come up with once they do acknowledge climate change.
I think they will institute a Purge type scenario, to kill off the masses

"Will"? They've been working on more ways to kill people off since before Nixon.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116827 on: October 02, 2019, 10:40:36 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:27:40 pm by dragdeler »
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #116828 on: October 02, 2019, 11:08:40 am »

Genocide must have intent to destroy the people. In absence of it it is just mass murder.

(That's why you can commit genocide without killing a single person - it's about destroying a people, a genos, a folk, not about murdering any number of people.)

So it's passive mass murder, while, say, Americans, are committing passive genocide against Indians every single day simply by living on the American continents in the numbers they do.
Love, scriver~

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #116829 on: October 02, 2019, 03:14:33 pm »

Discord people know but my life is imploding in about twelve different ways.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #116830 on: October 02, 2019, 04:08:03 pm »

That's twelve kinds of shit Hans. I have no idea what those ways are but I hope you travel on the one that will take you through them.
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116831 on: October 02, 2019, 10:04:42 pm »

So, a while ago I mentioned that I got turned down for joining the Navy and AF. I'm still recoiling from this, it gave me a little bit of hope and drive in life to think (falsely) that I was going to get in and make something of myself. I had good reasons to eat healthy and exercise and take care of myself. Now my life has reverted back to feeling hopeless and meaningless, and I just don't know what to do.

Should I go back to college and endure that for an uncertain reward in capitalism lottery? Should I abandon my current job and abandon my only family and venture somewhere far away: to another city, or another country, and just see what happens and hope for the best? I just have to do something, I don't know what that could be, I've never had any special specific desire in life, but I'm so unhappy, it has to be something.
It feels like everything's closing in on me; it feels like I have to get desperate and do something crazy, or give up and die, and those are my two options and I better choose.

edit: I'm just real scared of growing older, and remaining such a worthless and miserable loser my whole life.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 11:28:30 pm by JoshuaFH »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116832 on: October 02, 2019, 11:31:50 pm »

Discord people know but my life is imploding in about twelve different ways.
Hoping you feel better, man.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116833 on: October 03, 2019, 03:54:14 am »

I think I have reluctantly made the decision to stay in this evening, despite there being a good free gig on with cheap beers and a couple of bands I want to see.

I am stony broke, getting over a cold (I mean, it's pretty much gone, but I'd rather it didn't come back) and, as I just realised, because it's a Thursday public transport is kinda shit: the last connecting bus I'd need to catch home leaves at 8:40, which would only be like, a band or two into the proceedings. Of course, I could take another route, but that would mean heading all the way into the city center and catching a train back out again, and with me lacking the funds to even buy myself a sick burger to make the CBD visit worthwhile.
I know at least a couple of friends will be there, but no-one I know especially well, and I lack the chemical motivation to guarantee myself ready for successful social interactions anyway.

All things considered, it's not really worth it, especially considering I could only afford four measly beers - and that's leaving myself no money at all for the next three days.

Am I being sensible or slack? Prudent or pathetic?
I'll let you decide, but for now I'm gonna eat some salt and vinegar chips and play a videogame, or possibly watch some other cunt play the videogames I'm too lazy to play myself. *shrug*   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116834 on: October 03, 2019, 07:53:51 am »

Am I being sensible or slack? Prudent or pathetic?
I'll let you decide, but for now I'm gonna eat some salt and vinegar chips and play a videogame, or possibly watch some other cunt play the videogames I'm too lazy to play myself. *shrug*   

Sounds fairly reasonable.
Pages: 1 ... 7787 7788 [7789] 7790 7791 ... 8168