Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7689 7690 [7691] 7692 7693 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9519151 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115350 on: January 25, 2019, 11:21:39 am »

IIRC someone was venting and there was a, uh, spirited argument concerning how they dealt with their situation. That's why we've had a morotarium on those threads for the past few years.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #115351 on: January 25, 2019, 11:45:28 am »

The water heater at my house has been failing constantly. I'd wanted to take a nice soak after work yesterday to get the soreness out of my feet, but there was no hot water. I re-lit the pilot and hoped that there'd be some ready in the morning, but alas, I shall go into work with my feet still sore from yesterday.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115352 on: January 25, 2019, 01:27:09 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:11:11 pm by dragdeler »
let

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115353 on: January 26, 2019, 12:51:11 am »

My father's alcoholism is very obviously destroying his brain. He's having increasing trouble with memory, and his emotions vary wildly, to the point that he may become violent at any moment. He has been an alcho for so long that I don't think it's possible to separate him from it. Soon enough, I don't think he'll even remember me.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115354 on: January 26, 2019, 04:12:00 am »

"I've been lying here feeling hungry for hours. C'mon."

* Yoink  pushes through the depression, gets up and goes in search of food.

* Yoink manages to rustle up a bowl of granola.

"...Nice going, Self. Now if anything I'm more depressed."   

Bonus round: looks like I can't afford to have a social life this week. Maybe next week, though money will still be tight then, too. And then I don't get paid until after my birthday! Somehow I need to make this cash stretch to cover whatever substances I need to buy for that miserable occasion.
Also all the various things I've been meaning to buy - including at least one that I'd wanted, for reasons, to acquire before said birthday. D:

Oh, and I still haven't really started cleaning my room.

@George_Chickens: that sounds awful. How does he keep getting booze to keep this up? Although I guess even if he was stopped, drying out would probably cause dangerous withdrawals at that point...

Edit: just noticed a somewhat unfortunate typo. >.>
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 05:28:06 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115355 on: January 26, 2019, 05:14:33 am »

Because the very last thing that goes is their ability to find and consume alcohol. There's an incredible amount of determination (and even resourcefulness, however horrible) that is exhibited by someone at that state of alcoholism. I've seen it once before, with a French-American socialite who was getting on in years.

I'd really recommend trying to get professionals involved, talk to a doctor about options. There may not be much that can be done to make it better, I wouldn't know, but there's a chance to keep it from getting worse.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115356 on: January 27, 2019, 08:38:20 am »

Aimlessly sad.
Moments ago I caught myself wishing I had someone in particular to miss. That thought in turn made me feel guilty for not having stronger feelings for the actually existent people already in my life. *facepalm*

Gods, "basket case" isn't strong enough a term to describe me.
At least baskets tend to have a function.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115357 on: January 27, 2019, 08:48:00 am »

Gods, "basket case" isn't strong enough a term to describe me.
At least baskets tend to have a function.
Baskets, you say?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #115358 on: January 27, 2019, 02:28:17 pm »

Moving country, already a sad and stressful situation, but is compounded by the fact that I just discovered my family have been searching through my rubbish and taking pictures of my financial statements behind my back. Good heavens I have no idea what they're searching for, but they're up to no good, God knows why they're doing this and for fucks sakes the timing is downright opportunistic

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115359 on: January 27, 2019, 03:17:16 pm »

Julen was dead all along. Apparently he died that very instant when fell in the well. This and a friend losing his newborn baby because lack of medicines past week have my mood in the floor. Fuck sometimes I do hate this world.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #115360 on: January 27, 2019, 04:52:34 pm »

Is it okay if I come here just to proclaim that I feel sad.

Absolutely.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #115361 on: January 28, 2019, 08:38:08 pm »

Do you have ADHD?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115362 on: January 28, 2019, 08:46:32 pm »

I do! And good news, depression is not a symptom! Rather, ADHD folks do often deal with depression due to a lack of support/diagnosis for their ADHD. I remember learning that if you have ADHD depression is.... I think it was twice as likely, in general?

Anyway It's important to acknowledge ADHD as a factor if you have it. It's a real thing that is not given enough attention, and idleness/stagnation is almost painful to someone living with ADHD. That could certainly lead to depression.

Julen was dead all along. Apparently he died that very instant when fell in the well. This and a friend losing his newborn baby because lack of medicines past week have my mood in the floor. Fuck sometimes I do hate this world.

I was sad to hear about little Julen, but at least he wasn't trapped or anything :(

I'm even more sad to hear about your friend's newborn. I hope his family, and also you, are coping alright.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #115363 on: January 28, 2019, 09:07:41 pm »

Ed McMullen continues to not answer about cancelling sending the board game I kickstarted back in October. Been waiting to try it since December when it said it shipped, but it got cancelled, and I get the feeling if he ever DOES respond to me, it’s gonna be a “not getting your stuff because we don’t have it anymore and you’re not getting your money back, too bad”

And it’s not like I’m just saying it, I’m constantly showing pictures of the “cancelled by sender” message I got when I try to track the package

Guess that’s 300$ down the drain...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115364 on: January 28, 2019, 09:39:57 pm »

Have you tried contacting Kickstarter support, maybe showing them those pictures? I'm not saying it would work out any better, I have no idea how much they're willing to do, but if the creator refuses to play ball maybe the crowdfunding service will.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7689 7690 [7691] 7692 7693 ... 8168