Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7560 7561 [7562] 7563 7564 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9528245 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113415 on: June 21, 2018, 10:48:05 am »

Well, my Windows update appears to be truly fucked right now.

I find a fix for the error I'm presently facing, another error appears. Fix that, another error. Fix that, another error...

No idea why, either.
Back up your files and then do a fresh install.

Maybe of Linux
Although I've never actually used Linux, I just hear it's more stable

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113416 on: June 21, 2018, 11:13:35 am »

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113417 on: June 21, 2018, 11:20:46 am »

I just learned a thing.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113418 on: June 21, 2018, 12:12:36 pm »

Not really. Those are the words of Stallman, who has some particularly... interesting? views on things.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113419 on: June 21, 2018, 12:30:08 pm »

By "linux" is understood he meant some distro like the universally friendly ubuntu, or maybe debian, mint or whatever... The idea is to not install windows. However I find windows 10 to be fairly good, if just stupid at the moment of major updates on a not-fresh system. Maybe he needs windows for some programs, maybe he could be better with some Linux distro. Who knows? The best system is the one that adjust better for your needs and resources.

Non related I'm sick to the stomach. 3 days on a row with burning sensation and a mild but bothersome pain that comes and go, today diarrhea joined the combo although it was just for a few hours, the worst seems to have already pass.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 12:32:19 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113421 on: June 21, 2018, 01:33:14 pm »

Man I don't know why I get so angry playing videogames. I've totally exhausted myself yelling profanities, I'm worried I'll get in trouble with my neighbors. I've put a crack in my usb xbox controller, thrown my chair, kicked and stomped my trashcan and strewn my frontroom with garbage, and just tantrum and throw a shitfit like a fucking child. I don't need to do this, but I can't help myself. I'm just a moron I guess.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #113422 on: June 21, 2018, 01:36:36 pm »

I do that. Well, shout profanities at the TV. I have thrown controllers before. And discs.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113423 on: June 21, 2018, 02:27:08 pm »

Every time I see her my grandmom only nags me about how useless I am.  She says almost nothing else to me anymore, other than at dinnertime trying to start a political argument over something utterly delusional.

She's convinced that I want to live in her town, in the middle of nowhere where doing anything other than walmart shopping requires an hour drive likely over state borders.  There's no jobs here other than retail which I was already fired from like twice.

Eventually I'm just going to leave for home in the middle of the night.  Why bother saying goodbye.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #113424 on: June 21, 2018, 02:44:55 pm »

Man I don't know why I get so angry playing videogames. I've totally exhausted myself yelling profanities, I'm worried I'll get in trouble with my neighbors. I've put a crack in my usb xbox controller, thrown my chair, kicked and stomped my trashcan and strewn my frontroom with garbage, and just tantrum and throw a shitfit like a fucking child. I don't need to do this, but I can't help myself. I'm just a moron I guess.

Nah, just susceptible to frustration. I used to be a lot like that but then I broke both my hands in six months so I started learning to control my UNHOLY MOTHERFUCKING RAGE BORN OF A THOUSAND SPITEFUL STARS. It's difficult to fight frustration. Now I usually just seeth and bounce a little, quietly saying fuck.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #113425 on: June 21, 2018, 03:46:31 pm »

So this might seem a bit silly but I'm going to bitch about job offers and how they just love piling in at the same time, between months of fuck all happening. So last week a friend tipped me off about a possible engineering position in a big construction company, it'd be mostly field work but also well paid and in a rather reputable firm, got in touch with the guy and have been waiting for their possible response ever since.
 Literally a day after that conversation my best friend calls me up and asks if I'd like to do some seasonal work with him, booking tours and boats and shit, it's long hours and pays by commission but I'd have plenty of free time and there's enough work that I'd have more than enough cash left over at the end of summer, bonus points for it being on the seaside so swimming and pretty girls yay.
Then, as I'm still trying to decide between the two I get an e-mail this morning from a company whose classes on graphic design I attended last year, they say a local company is looking for a GD and since I did well in the classes they figured they'd forward my contact info and asked me if I wanted them to do that. And it's a relatively local job, only a 30 minute bus ride away so I wouldn't need to worry about rent and finding a place to stay. The only issue is that the company in question is a chain of bet-shops which I hate with a passion.

So now I'm kinda torn between three wildly different choices, each of which would take me in a very different direction for the near (and possibly distant) future. I was not made to make these kinds of choices like this :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #113426 on: June 21, 2018, 03:50:15 pm »

So this might seem a bit silly but I'm going to bitch about job offers and how they just love piling in at the same time, between months of fuck all happening.
Same here
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113427 on: June 21, 2018, 04:56:35 pm »

Koko T.T

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #113428 on: June 21, 2018, 04:59:23 pm »

Koko is with Harambe now
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113429 on: June 21, 2018, 05:01:36 pm »

Must be some sort of sign...
Pages: 1 ... 7560 7561 [7562] 7563 7564 ... 8169