Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7466 7467 [7468] 7469 7470 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9513048 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112005 on: November 25, 2017, 06:14:10 pm »

Can I ask you something about that? Let's suppose that you are brought to the ED and refuse to identify yourself and/or give your real identificaiton. Would the hospital have any way of tracking you?

if I can still refuse service and get out of there.
Hypothetically speaking, what if you were brought to the ED but requested a voluntary discharge before any services were rendered?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112006 on: November 25, 2017, 06:24:46 pm »

In the US, when you're brought to the ER you're in one of two states: incapacitated or becoming incapacitated. If incapacitated the responsibility under the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act is immediately engaged and identification is only obtained once the patient is stable, though they'll try their best to keep you from leaving until they've done that later.

If not incapacitated, the ER will simply wait until identification is provided or incapacitation sets in.

You cannot be forced to be treated by an ER or even transported there, unless you are too physically incapacitated to speak (informed consent rules come into play here, a reasonable person does not want to be left to bleed to death on the street) or are declared mentally incapacitated under that state's Baker Act, which in most instances has a 72 hour limit unless a lasting state of danger to one's self or others is assessed by a psychiatrist. I'm not sure if all states have analogues of the Baker Act, several certainly do, but exceptions wouldn't be heard about much.

If you were transported to the ER and then refused treatment, they'd still try to retain you for ID so they can bill you for the ambulance ride.

Now, all that said, hospitals are in a constant state of conflict over obtaining payment for their services and not all of this applies cleanly in reality. I've heard of cases of known homeless people all being assigned one same fake address, and such.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 06:27:43 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112007 on: November 26, 2017, 03:25:36 am »

Fought my way bitterly to the final area of The Surge in NG+3, and now I find that I just don't have the will to push for the final takedown of Rogue Process.  It's just been too much of a slog to get this far, portions of the game that took me thirty minutes or less before are costing me hours in random deaths, no matter how many implants I stack I'm getting ripped to pieces by hostiles that deal out too much damage too quickly, and are almost impossible to stagger at this point.  I'm really sad that I've pushed this far, but I just don't feel like I can go any farther.

For a bigger and less frivolous sad, my eldest son rolled his ankle for the first time (he turns eight in a week), and it hurt him badly enough that he couldn't sleep until around midnight.  I try to convince him that he needs to at least pay attention to what he's doing, but it doesn't really stick until something like this happens.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 03:28:03 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #112008 on: November 27, 2017, 11:52:09 am »

I may have lost my ID. And not my regular one either, the one from Croatia, which let me cross the border without the need for a passport. If that's the case, I can't get a new one since my passport has long expired (since I didn't really need the damn thing anymore and it was expensive and a hassle to get) and getting a replacement would require me going over the border.

If it does turn out to be lost I'd need to get a passport, wait over a month for it to be done, go over the border, get a new ID and then wait some more until that's done. FML
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112009 on: November 27, 2017, 01:30:35 pm »

I may have lost my ID. And not my regular one either, the one from Croatia, which let me cross the border without the need for a passport. If that's the case, I can't get a new one since my passport has long expired (since I didn't really need the damn thing anymore and it was expensive and a hassle to get) and getting a replacement would require me going over the border.

If it does turn out to be lost I'd need to get a passport, wait over a month for it to be done, go over the border, get a new ID and then wait some more until that's done. FML
Can't the consulate help you with that?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #112010 on: November 27, 2017, 01:59:52 pm »

I gotta report that it's missing first, I think I can do that trough the consulate but there's also an online way, which I'm currently bashing my head against since it has fifteen different passwords/PIN/PUK numbers that I haven't used since I first got the damn thing some three years ago. Tho by all accounts I think I'll have to get a passport in the end, which tends to take a while so any new years celebrations I might have planned abroad are pretty much fucked.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112011 on: November 27, 2017, 07:24:02 pm »

Oh noooooo. I have to poop at work.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112012 on: November 27, 2017, 08:09:55 pm »

Oh noooooo. I have to poop at work.

...Do it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #112013 on: November 28, 2017, 03:28:11 pm »

All over the manager.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112014 on: November 28, 2017, 08:10:05 pm »

I just squished a fly that had been buzzing around me for quite a while and am now overcome with remorse. What if it was just trying to be friends? It wasn't its fault that I found its presence so distracting and annoying. For all I know it had no idea, and interpreted the irritated motions I kept shooing it away with as some human gesture of friendly greeting.

Also it took two whacks of 'The Brothers Karamazov', a forceful flick and a couple of stomps before it was definitively killed - couldn't I have stopped after the first one, when it was injured and had surely at last gotten the message that I was unappreciative of its company? :(

Poor little dude/dudette even had the decency to not spray fly guts all over my brand new shirt (where it was resting when first I struck) or the hefty paperback I used to pummel it.

Edit: at least yesterday's "pooping at work" scenario went far better than I feared, despite the rather primitive toilet facilities. I think my digestion has greatly improved since the last time I found myself in such a situation.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 08:13:36 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112015 on: November 28, 2017, 11:32:49 pm »

... I am 24 years old and I have never sat down (let alone pooped) in a public washroom. Closest would be others houses, but even that is uncomfortable, psychologically.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112016 on: November 29, 2017, 07:27:55 am »

...wow, I've pooped more at school this year than I ever have outside of my house... I wouldn't like to do it, but I've been having really bad stomacheaches lately.
I'd hope you don't shit outside of your house, ever. You not properly housetrained? You shit on a toilet, not outside your house.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #112017 on: November 29, 2017, 07:53:18 am »

... I am 24 years old and I have never sat down (let alone pooped) in a public washroom. Closest would be others houses, but even that is uncomfortable, psychologically.

What.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #112018 on: November 29, 2017, 08:00:30 am »

What.
If you manage your butfer properly it's perfectly doable, if challenging.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112019 on: November 29, 2017, 08:04:15 am »

I avoid pooping in non-my-own-toilets.

I did once get a gippy tummy of and about once, and was required to paint the porcelain of a public convenience with the contents of everything south of my colon.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 7466 7467 [7468] 7469 7470 ... 8168