Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7406 7407 [7408] 7409 7410 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9496352 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111105 on: June 30, 2017, 07:35:04 am »

It's never been anything else. It's just how I am.
Love, scriver~

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #111106 on: June 30, 2017, 12:01:41 pm »

Running out of money and being unable to find a job after years of college in an "exploding" field is pretty depressing. Having all the work thrust on you by employers in the application process, then hearing nothing from them is so monotonous and soul-crushing. It's like online dating but worse somehow.

Gotta keep going if I don't feel like being homeless.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #111107 on: July 01, 2017, 06:25:39 pm »

Work is running me ragged. Due to July 4th coming up, lots of people are going to be going out of town or going on trips or driving into the country or tow boats down to the lake or whatever, so everyone and their mother needs to get their car worked on before the holiday. We've been crazy busy the last couple of days and I've practically been working from open to close for the last couple of days. Both me and my coworkers are exhausted, either physically or mentally or both.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #111108 on: July 01, 2017, 07:13:27 pm »

It's never been anything else. It's just how I am.
LIGHT YOURSELF ON FIRE WITH BURNING PASSION SO YOU CAN SEE WHERE YOU GOOOOOOOO

Srs talk though, i know that "where do i go" feeling all too well, it sucks harder than an industrial vacuum cleaner during a power surge. People are just telling me to pick a direction and go from there, but it's really not that simple in my head. Even without the grey haze that is my outlook on my future, what i see is about 250 separate paths, with two of them marked with a faceplant after a year or two. It's important for me to find the right path, but i can't see what's at the end of them, and i don't want to waste another two years on something that ultimately doesn't interest me. Thus, paralysis by analysis. Gotta keep looking though, because the alternative ain't appealing. If nothing else, remember the one thing life has that's always worth considering: Video games. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #111109 on: July 02, 2017, 05:14:48 am »

People setting off mortars at 3 AM makes for very poor sleep and quite a fright
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111110 on: July 02, 2017, 05:33:05 am »

Shit damn, why the hell am I so sad about everything, this sucks.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #111111 on: July 02, 2017, 08:10:05 am »

People setting off mortars at 3 AM makes for very poor sleep and quite a fright

While the date makes it seem very likely that you're talking about firework launch tubes rather than artillery, the phrasing could be better here.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111112 on: July 02, 2017, 09:41:19 am »

I heard a lot of artillery testing at the place I was visiting last week, from a nearby military base.  We were far enough that it sounded a lot like distant thunder but they did fire at night a lot, and it caused the windows to rattle a little.  I could have had it a lot worse though.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #111113 on: July 03, 2017, 04:59:38 pm »

Oh my God work was insane. I am at the edge. I almost lost my temper this afternoon at another coworker, and as it was I was basically cursing constantly under my breath like a sailor with tourettes at every single car I worked on.

Never before have I had so much hatred for holidays. Business goes crazy.

My one hope is that every single asshat will be out celebrating July 4th tomorrow rather than need to get their car worked on, and business will be slow and dead, and then finally after this holiday is passed then work will get more bearable and I'll finally get a couple days off.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #111114 on: July 03, 2017, 08:00:06 pm »

Saw a post on Facebook about a little girl in China whose mouth was superglued by her teacher because the little girl was talking too much or disrespectful or something.

The girl died of suffocation. JUST. FUCKING WHY  >:(
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #111115 on: July 04, 2017, 03:01:58 am »

As with all outrageous stories from China, check the sources. I mean I realise you probably don't want to spend more time on in an article with such content. But yeah.
Love, scriver~

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111116 on: July 05, 2017, 01:08:26 pm »

I try to avoid complaining about my mom, but she's gone off the fucking deep end.

Every time she bears me click my mouse she comes by my room and accuses me of hiding things from her. Says I'm doing 'nasty shit' online, and that she'll catch me and make me pay.

Fuck, if only my dad won custody years ago.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #111117 on: July 05, 2017, 01:13:40 pm »

Says I'm doing 'nasty shit' online, 

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #111118 on: July 05, 2017, 01:37:37 pm »

I try to avoid complaining about my mom, but she's gone off the fucking deep end.

Every time she bears me click my mouse she comes by my room and accuses me of hiding things from her. Says I'm doing 'nasty shit' online, and that she'll catch me and make me pay.

Fuck, if only my dad won custody years ago.
Jesus dude.

I have a well adjusted family (or, um, at least not abusive) and when I was 15 they found and looked all the smut I was looking at on the internet.  Still have not gotten over that shit.  But that was, I think, pretty normal helicopter parent stuff, I can't imagine dealing the level of control you're under right now.

How old are you?  And do you still have contact with your dad?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111119 on: July 05, 2017, 02:30:43 pm »

I'm 24. I still have contact with my dad, but he has his own life, and no room for me. There's a whole different set of problems over there.

My mom's going nuts because her new computer is having connection issues. Of course it does; it's wireless, but she keeps the console inside her desk. Somehow it's my fault the wifi can't penetrate a wood and metal box.

She's always been paranoid and controlling, which I've posted about on here years ago.
Pages: 1 ... 7406 7407 [7408] 7409 7410 ... 8168