Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7404 7405 [7406] 7407 7408 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9496166 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111075 on: June 19, 2017, 09:57:03 pm »

My sister posted this on Facebook.

With a heavy heart I hate to tell you guys that earlier today my family came to the decision to put down Luke due to kidney failure 💔 Luke was a beautiful, kind, cuddly and mellow cat. He loved to sleep in the bathroom sink and on your lap. He would like to lay with me for hours on my bed and purred loud whenever I pet him. 12 years of a wonderful cat and I couldn't be more thankful. Rest In Peace Luke and may there be all the catnip for you in kitty heaven 🐱

She also sent me the last photo she got of him while he was still alive.

I haven't seen him in two years :'(

RIP Luke

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111076 on: June 19, 2017, 10:20:44 pm »

What's leaf wetness, Japa?
A measure of how much nature would like to screw you

Leif Erikson's less successful explorer brother. The other Lief discovered a shitload of ocean, hence the name.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 10:22:51 pm by Reelya »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111077 on: June 20, 2017, 04:38:12 am »

Worked. Get transferred to an account. Try to settle down. Get transgerred again. You get the shitty spiel of your skills are valued, so that's why we removed you first.

Bullshit.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #111078 on: June 21, 2017, 04:15:01 pm »

Worked. Get transferred to an account. Try to settle down. Get transgerred again. You get the shitty spiel of your skills are valued, so that's why we removed you first.

Bullshit.
People need like 15 minutes adapting to a new space before they can work effectively.  I have a manager at my job who's strategy is to tell people to work way faster than could possibly be realistic.  I don't know what this is supposed to accomplish.  But anyway every day she's there I come in and she tells me to do 3-6 hours of work in an hour and a half and it just destroys me for the rest of the day.  Cause I just want to settle in to work and instead I'm greeted with that crap.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #111079 on: June 24, 2017, 02:23:32 pm »

I'm starting to feel the angst from having the final part of my exams coming up in just a week now.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111080 on: June 24, 2017, 02:43:58 pm »

My father considers me an enemy now.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #111081 on: June 24, 2017, 03:27:29 pm »

She fucking ditched me, didn't even mind to show up and talk to me even though we were supposed to have a date... Several hours later she appears and asks if we'd dance when I'm about to leave, just like that. I told her that I'm not in a mood and evacuated. And yeah, she called me, asked if I'm mad at her. Told her I had a bad day and that I don't want to talk about it. Now I'm thinking should I get some painkillers for a horrible back ache or get drunk as fuck...

EDIT: Chosen the second option...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 03:37:27 pm by Dark One »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #111082 on: June 24, 2017, 03:53:25 pm »

Coworker was fired. This was a pretty experienced coworker who had worked there for at least 2 years. So now with him gone and another coworker on vacation, me and the other 3 people (the manager and me and two other relatively new guys) have to run the shop on our own for about 3 or 4 days until the other guy gets back from vacation. So basically the workload has increased even more.

So I won't get a day off at all this week and will be working every day until the Monday after this coming Monday where I will hopefully get a day off.

But at least I get paid.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #111083 on: June 25, 2017, 05:55:07 am »

Probably going to say the final goodbye to one of our dogs tomorrow. She's only a few years younger than I am, and she's been getting weaker for a long time, but every time we thought she was going to give up she kept going strong. Now though, she can barely stand and her eyesight has failed to the point that she walks into things all the time. She can't even bring herself to stand up and pester us for her evening walk, something she's refused to stop doing even though she's positively ancient.

It's not the saddest thing, she's been going for a while. But it feels like the end of an era. The other dog I knew for most of my life had his kidneys fail a year or so ago, and now she's on her last legs.

I'd rather not think about the fact that my agility dog will die some day. He's actually almost like a child to me. :/

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111084 on: June 25, 2017, 11:55:57 am »

In Pakistan, at least 153 people died when a tanker truck that had tipped over exploded.
After the truck had tipped over, hundreds of locals had rushed to the scene with jerrycans and plastic bottles, to loot the leaking fuel from the vehicle. Then it exploded.
Dozens of people are in hospital, many critical. Death toll is expected to rise. Amongst the dead are at least 20 children.
Police suspect that the truck initially tipped over because of a burst tire.

An eyewitness reports: "After the leaking was discovered, people started calling their family members to come and help grab fuel. People had rushed in, even from neighboring villages. I think there were about 500 people crowded around the truck when it caught fire and exploded".

Dumb people will be dumb, still sad. Poor sods.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/zeker-153-doden-bij-explosie-gekantelde-tankvrachtwagen-in-pakistan~a4502674/
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/25/asia/deadly-oil-tank-explosion-pakistan/index.html
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 12:01:47 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111085 on: June 25, 2017, 06:00:03 pm »

They clearly haven't watched enough action movies.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #111086 on: June 26, 2017, 05:13:31 am »

In Pakistan, at least 153 people died when a tanker truck that had tipped over exploded.
After the truck had tipped over, hundreds of locals had rushed to the scene with jerrycans and plastic bottles, to loot the leaking fuel from the vehicle. Then it exploded.
Dozens of people are in hospital, many critical. Death toll is expected to rise. Amongst the dead are at least 20 children.
Police suspect that the truck initially tipped over because of a burst tire.

An eyewitness reports: "After the leaking was discovered, people started calling their family members to come and help grab fuel. People had rushed in, even from neighboring villages. I think there were about 500 people crowded around the truck when it caught fire and exploded".

Dumb people will be dumb, still sad. Poor sods.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/zeker-153-doden-bij-explosie-gekantelde-tankvrachtwagen-in-pakistan~a4502674/
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/06/25/asia/deadly-oil-tank-explosion-pakistan/index.html
This sounds like an aftermath of a bad decision in Banner Saga.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #111087 on: June 26, 2017, 08:51:33 am »

So.
I'm just screaming into the abyss here.
Fuck everything.
Fuck my job.
Fuck thinking.

I just want to be fucking happy.
I do things I used to love and now it feels pointless, like I'm walking in circles.
Im too much of a coward to end it.
I decided to get back into drugs, like really get back into them, numb the pain for a few months burn through my savings then let the train smash me in the face once im poor and homeless.
I really am a waste of time, a fucking pathetic loset so I may as well embody it.
I want to see my buddy again.
He always made me feel better.
My little buddy.
Fuck you
××××××××××××××××××

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #111088 on: June 26, 2017, 09:10:48 am »

I highly, highly recommend rather finding a (possibly new) therapist with those savings. It will give you more than just a few months of happiness.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111089 on: June 26, 2017, 04:19:52 pm »

Our countries' most common tree, the European ash, is at risk of extinction. More than 80% of all ash trees have been infected with a fungus, which weakens the tree so much, that it will die and eventually topple over. There is no known cure for the fungal infection.

To prevent dangerous situations, the national environmental management service has decided that over a period of 8 years, all infected trees will be cut down. They have started a mass inventarisation to map out all trees in the country.
Wageningen University has started a research project to determine if resistance can be isolated from the yet uninfected trees, and used to revive the ash population.

EDIT: apparently it's Europe-wide problem that's been worrying scientist for a decade now, including the UK. In the UK, ash trees make up for 30% of the total tree biomass.

2012 video on it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w8soyFtV9A
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hymenoscyphus_fraxineus
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 04:30:22 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 7404 7405 [7406] 7407 7408 ... 8168