Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7373 7374 [7375] 7376 7377 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9504583 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110610 on: April 21, 2017, 10:09:12 am »

You are not an abomination by any stretch of the word.

Yes. Yes I am. I am... GULPO!

*eats TBF*
-imagegulp-
I don't think that's how it works, dude.  ;P
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110611 on: April 21, 2017, 11:58:08 am »

Yeah, usually it's more ethical to seek consent first before eating people.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110612 on: April 21, 2017, 12:50:47 pm »

No, I totally sympathise. I've had very similar outbursts; usually due to bottling up stress and worries. It sounds like that talk was just what set you over the edge.

Sometimes it helps to talk about it. Is there anything else bothering you besides politics? If it's personal, maybe just write it down on paper or in a word document. And after communicating it in some medium, maybe come back to it later and see if there's anything you can do to make the negatives either positive or at least not happen.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #110613 on: April 21, 2017, 04:10:22 pm »

Ouf, stomach is extra fucky today. Y'know that feeling of butterflies in the stomach? I have that, except without any stressors, and to a degree that could make me vomit if i lost my composure. It's kinda pulsating, and it doesn't feel like actual nausea, but i know that i risk getting sick for a long time if i do blow chunks, even if it's a desperate attempt to get rid of the feeling. The first time i had a very similar issue was in my mid teens, and it resulted in me having severely reduced appetite and getting intense nausea if i ate past that, making me lose 5-10 kg of my already slim frame over the half year it lasted. I do not want a repeat of that, it was dreadful. More relevantly today, i've gotten much more used to ignoring bowel discomfort, but i still risk losing my sleep tonight. All of it. >.>
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110614 on: April 21, 2017, 08:05:36 pm »

I think I recognize this feeling.

Unfortunately I don't know what to do about it.

I guess take up a hobby???

But anyway... *hugs*

Today was not nice.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110615 on: April 21, 2017, 11:21:18 pm »

*mastahcheese wishes he could express sympathies towards people but is incompetently bad with words*

:-\

Also, I dropped a steel rod on my hand and it pinched the skin and gave me a blood blister.
That was yesterday, and now the whole blister is completely black. Not sure if that's a good or bad sign.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110616 on: April 21, 2017, 11:42:45 pm »

I am not a doctor whatsoever

That said, my experience with blood blisters (lasting blisters, basically bruises but high on the skin) is that you should probably pop them.
Darkening blood like that probably doesn't have outside infections, since it's under a blister, but if you pop the blister and keep it clean you should be okay sooner.  Clear that dead cell-mass out, and keep the area reasonably clean.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #110617 on: April 22, 2017, 04:03:25 am »

It being black doesn't mean a whole lot. If it's causing you pain and/or is likely to pop, take a sterilised needle (hold it in a flame for 30 seconds or give it a thorough cleaning with something vicious like rubbing alcholo), lance from the side at the base, and squeeze gently with an absorbent pad to drain it (delightful, is it not?).

If it's not exceptionally painful and/or doesn't seem like it's likely to burst or tear (marvellous!) on its own, just try to keep pressure off it and it'll heal naturally.

Not a doctor either though, just have first aid training and lots of interest in medicine/anatomy.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110618 on: April 22, 2017, 04:06:43 am »

Truly black blood is necrotic, but a concentration of blood is so dark red it can easily be mistaken for black. It seems unlikely that necrosis would set in on a blister, but if you think the area is dead you might have a problem.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #110619 on: April 22, 2017, 11:32:33 am »

Yer cookin a black puddin on ye grabber, laddie
Love, scriver~

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110620 on: April 22, 2017, 05:40:48 pm »

Yer cookin a black puddin on ye grabber, laddie
I'd sig that if I could :P

Yeah, when I woke up this morning, it stopped hurting, so I'm pretty sure it'll be fine now.

Thanks for the advice (though I think I'll abstain from the lancing just yet ._.)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110621 on: April 22, 2017, 06:15:54 pm »

Yeah, as someone who gets those sort of blisters fairly often from where I work, don't lance it.  If it starts to hurt again or fill with white/green/yellow fluid then you want to lance it because it's becoming infected.  Otherwise leave it alone, missing a chunk of skin is more likely to cause an infection and make it take longer to heal.
Nom nom nom

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110622 on: April 23, 2017, 12:35:37 am »

Lyse all the things! Honestly, I know it's not the best way to deal with things, but I can't stand to have any pockets of stuff on my skin. The moment I get a blister or a pimple or anything, I have to pop it and drain it. I just can't help it.
If you do lance it, make sure you keep it clean, and don't disturb it again until it's healed.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #110623 on: April 23, 2017, 07:26:32 am »

The computer science department is driving me up the wall. It seems like every time we get an assignment it includes a new ridiculous requirement. Last time it was "teach yourself make, for java, which no-one uses it for". This time it's "teach yourself Jacoco, which everyone uses as a plugin for ANT or MAVEN, but you're not allowed to use those".

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #110624 on: April 23, 2017, 09:57:47 am »

I'm steaming mad right now, but the details are unimportant. It's the same people and places I always post about anyway.

If somebody needs something done, and you don't want to do it, then don't offer to do it. Crazy idea, right? ::) I can ride the bus and loiter in town for an hour, but I can't fix a bad morning.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 7373 7374 [7375] 7376 7377 ... 8168