Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7365 7366 [7367] 7368 7369 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9508216 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #110490 on: April 02, 2017, 11:55:20 pm »

My life has no purpose.  Its just me walking around with a mask on from mental breakdown to mental breakdown, leaching off of parents because I generate nothing of value, until I eventually die alone.  There's nothing anymore.  Not a single person will hire me, much less interview me, much less acknowledge that I exist.  Doesn't matter what random corporate bullshit (that's all the job market is anymore, bullshit and lies) I put on a resume, I may as well throw it in a fire.  Perhaps the warmth that paper can generate will serve more benefit and purpose than my entire life so far.

Why even live if I can't even function in society.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #110491 on: April 03, 2017, 12:26:37 am »

Have you considered seeing a therapist? I was in a similar spot, and it really helped me.

Regardless, your life has a purpose, even if it seems unclear. You can do this.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110492 on: April 03, 2017, 01:13:35 am »

I did therapy.  Six years ago.  Nothing changed since then.  I'm still a worthless pariah that just gets in people's way.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #110493 on: April 03, 2017, 02:11:08 am »

i got pulled over

nothing too serious, but i'll probably have to pay a fine, which i can afford 100% and won't really inconvenience me aside from having to go to the courthouse

so oh well

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110494 on: April 03, 2017, 04:50:45 am »

God fucking damnit. The girlfriend of a good friend of mine fell asleep in a hot bathtub a few weeks ago, and ended up in a coma.
He just got a call from the hospital that they are going to pull life support. Fuck. She's only 42, and had just about recovered from having two neck vertebrae removed and replaced. Life be not fair.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110495 on: April 03, 2017, 07:14:30 am »

*sends hugs*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110496 on: April 03, 2017, 12:05:19 pm »

Sick with the flu. I'm constantly always too hot or too cold, I'm hungry but I can't keep anything down, I'm all congested, and my whole body is tired and sore. Feels bad man.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110497 on: April 03, 2017, 01:02:06 pm »

After a long period of minimal exercise, I did a small workout yesterday.

I am paying for it today.

It's like I turned into an OAP in the space of a few hours.

It gets better. I started two weeks ago and I could hardly lift my arms over my head after the first day.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #110498 on: April 03, 2017, 02:19:22 pm »

After a long period of minimal exercise, I did a small workout yesterday.

I am paying for it today.

It's like I turned into an OAP in the space of a few hours.
To quote my brother:
"It's good if you feel your workout the next day as long as you don't feel that same soreness more than two days later (which means you probably overextended yourself a bit)".

That said good on you for taking some steps towards getting fit. Keep at it and I'm sure you'll find it (and other things) much easier with a bit of work. :)
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110499 on: April 03, 2017, 03:34:23 pm »

Every time I exercise, lift something heavy, or have to exert myself, I feel it for days and days. Even hiking a mile or two for groceries makes my legs itch like I ran a marathon.

Pretty sure I'm in the worst shape I've ever been in my life.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110500 on: April 03, 2017, 03:47:35 pm »

Not having a car is probably the healthiest thing I've ever done. 

I have to go to work? thats a half hour walk.

I need groceries? Half hour walk with weight!

Going to classes, or to the library for homework? 20min with weight.

My legs are fuckin set.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110501 on: April 03, 2017, 04:56:46 pm »

Every time I exercise, lift something heavy, or have to exert myself, I feel it for days and days. Even hiking a mile or two for groceries makes my legs itch like I ran a marathon.

Pretty sure I'm in the worst shape I've ever been in my life.
You can work out with me, Soli. I'm also in the worst shape of my life.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110502 on: April 03, 2017, 05:09:45 pm »

MZ, if you've got a routine that's also suitable for an out-of-shape nerdburger (read: me), I would absolutely join you in it.

As it sits, I mostly do basic aerobic stuff for a few minutes a few times a day. ._.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #110503 on: April 03, 2017, 08:04:25 pm »

Going for walks is the most i care to do, and sometimes not even that much. I've had a Fitness World membership, can't say i enjoyed it in the slightest. I'm not at all ashamed of my pale and skinny nerd body (even being naked isn't much of an issue, i mostly worry about untimely boners in such cases), but i hate exhaustion, i find the inside of the gym to be uninteresting and uninspiring to look at, and find exercise on its own to be spectacularly dull (it turns into a "just gotta get it over with" thing, and then my brain's like "it's over if i stop doing it lolol"). That, and i'm intensely bothered by people who just (noisily) throw barbell weights to the ground from overhead instead of lowering them slowly in a much more impressive display of strength and control. >.> (though to be fair to the clientele, they generally kept to themselves and/or were friendly when they did interact with me)

... THAT SAID, i know plenty of people who like it as much as i dislike it, so don't let the anecdotes of a lazy nerd dissuade you from getting buff. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110504 on: April 03, 2017, 08:37:10 pm »

I totally feel you on that one. I hate the idea of gyms. I walk and run a lot, and the reason I do is more so because i find it interesting than that I enjoy the exercise. Just pick a direction you haven't been in before and start running, if you get tired, walk. No big deal. Your still out doing something. It works a lot better in a city though, because there's things and places to see. I also run without music, because it's a distraction from my surroundings. You learn a lot about where you live this way too, and it's a way to justify procrastination. (cause you're being healthy and all that.)
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 7365 7366 [7367] 7368 7369 ... 8168