Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7199 7200 [7201] 7202 7203 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9490486 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #108000 on: September 30, 2016, 05:32:23 pm »

My damn mouse has started automatically double-clicking every 2-4 clicks, and it's fucking annoying. I keep opening doubles, opening things behind what I'm clicking, messing up commands. I haven't even tried gaming with the thing since this started.

AAAAGGH I have to treat it like a fucking gun now and pay attention to what will be behind whatever I'm clicking, god damn it. Troubleshooting only says it might be bad because it's USB 2 in a USB 3 port, but it worked fine for years before this.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108001 on: September 30, 2016, 06:19:31 pm »

Yeah, seriously?  That sounds like a real reach, explanation-wise.  My first guess would be a mechanical issue, though it would probably feel a little different.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Emma

• Bay Watcher
  • Romace plots aren't actually that bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #108002 on: September 30, 2016, 06:29:28 pm »

If it's a Razer mouse I'm pretty sure that there's a known bug where they start doing that after a few years, mine did at least.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108003 on: September 30, 2016, 06:39:58 pm »

It is in fact a Razer. Damnation.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108004 on: September 30, 2016, 06:41:12 pm »

Mine's a Logitech gaming mouse. They have the same problem. Fix: take it apart, pull the contacts a little bit apart, and replace the case.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108005 on: September 30, 2016, 06:46:59 pm »

I don't have the tools for that, I'll just break it. Google seems to suggest this could be a firmware issue, but I can't for the life of me find any firmware check from Razer.

gggahhh
No Gods, No Masters.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #108006 on: September 30, 2016, 06:49:24 pm »

The microswitches in the mice are only good for so many clicks before they start wearing out.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #108007 on: September 30, 2016, 07:29:49 pm »

Team Fortress 2.

With such an obvoius title, you'd think people would, you know, try to work together.

Thing is, I prefer to play Medic most of the time. A support class.

My mentality is simple enough: Heal people when needed and try to fight occasionally. The essence of a support class.

Thing is...

The "people" I'm supporting don't seem to be able to grasp the basic concept of "WASD keys to move" or "LMB to shoot", let alone play the roles their classes are for.

Basically, I've been running into a disturbing number of people who suck on my own team when in matches, and a disturbing number of people who dominate me are actually good on the opposing team in matches.

It's really annoying.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108008 on: September 30, 2016, 10:58:58 pm »

AzyWng:I know the feeling.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #108009 on: September 30, 2016, 11:07:53 pm »

I'd...like to inquire one thing--do you approach others out of your own initiative?
I generally don't approach other people under the assumption that if they want to talk to me they'd approach me, and if they don't approach they don't want to talk, and in that case my approaching them is unwanted and annoying. That's how I'd react to strangers coming out of nowhere and trying to talk with me.
Same here, I also had a similar moment the other day and reading this makes me uh, so to say, realize that.
But if everyone thinks like this then how does anyone talk to one another if no one initiates conversation? If everyone is waiting for someone else to start then how does anything get started?

Wow, my entire justification for not talking to people must be nonsensical bullshit. If other people are "waiting" for someone to initiate conversation with them then my talking to them must not be perceived as a bad thing. At least not always a bad thing.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108010 on: September 30, 2016, 11:15:16 pm »

I'd...like to inquire one thing--do you approach others out of your own initiative?
I generally don't approach other people under the assumption that if they want to talk to me they'd approach me, and if they don't approach they don't want to talk, and in that case my approaching them is unwanted and annoying. That's how I'd react to strangers coming out of nowhere and trying to talk with me.
Same here, I also had a similar moment the other day and reading this makes me uh, so to say, realize that.
But if everyone thinks like this then how does anyone talk to one another if no one initiates conversation? If everyone is waiting for someone else to start then how does anything get started?

Wow, my entire justification for not talking to people must be nonsensical bullshit. If other people are "waiting" for someone to initiate conversation with them then my talking to them must not be perceived as a bad thing. At least not always a bad thing.
...Well that's a thought.  :v
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #108011 on: September 30, 2016, 11:18:00 pm »

I've found that randomly beginning conversations with people I already know to be at least tangentially friendly tends to work out.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #108012 on: October 01, 2016, 12:44:47 am »

No more high quality rips ;_;, and even though it'll probably take months to listen through all the ones I haven't heard it still pains me to know that no more are being made.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #108013 on: October 01, 2016, 01:31:17 am »

Can't sleep. Can't stop thinking on how I'm wasting my life and I'm a failure.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108014 on: October 01, 2016, 01:50:02 am »

Can't sleep. Can't stop thinking on how I'm wasting my life and I'm a failure.

This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license by Joshua Doubek.

I think any attempt to cheer people up will be as affective as posting these sleeping panda cubs.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 01:53:45 am by BorkBorkGoesTheCode »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.
Pages: 1 ... 7199 7200 [7201] 7202 7203 ... 8167